No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thing is, the cap is going to shift drastically in the next two years. What is the luxury tax NOW probably won't be in 2017. Golden State might be willing to eat the tax for one season if they really want to keep Green.

Comment

• Yep. Iirc the cap will be going up to 90+ million. They'll still have to thin out the roster some, but they will be keeping Green.

Comment

• The two euros are moving up the draft boards. Just maybe... just maybe Justice Winslow will slide to Detroit.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• That'd be nice. I think Cauley-Stein is going too so if the 2 Euros do then Winslow would indeed be at 8.
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• With that cap logic, any team can sign anyone... especially considering GS has the 2nd most salary committed for 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 as of now.
            California state taxes affect between $5-15 million a player receives over a max contract... I forget what the exact # is that I read. However, GS has one of the best chances of winning a title for the next couple of seasons.
            Last edited by Cody_Russell; May 27, 2015, 11:07 PM.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              With that cap logic, any team can sign anyone... especially considering GS has the 2nd most salary committed for 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 as of now.
              A "max" contract this coming off-season actually IS going to be a relative pittance by 2017, yes.

Comment

• The whole dream of getting Green is based on some hope that the Warrior ownership not being able to stomach a relatively small luxury tax for one season. Even if they couldn't stomach the luxury tax for one season, they can shed salaries to get under a threshold. You can find takers for David Lee in a New York minute.

The max contract is cheap and it might be hard to get anybody to sign for max years and max deals. 2 year deals might be more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  A "max" contract this coming off-season actually IS going to be a relative pittance by 2017, yes.
                  According to the first source I found, the cap for the future could look like:
                  2015: $63,065,000
                  2016: $66,300,000
                  2017: $87,196,327
                  2018: $94,013,221
                  2019: $99,793,454
                  2020: $105,831,199
                  2021: $112,143,389
                  2022: $118,748,073
                  2023: $125,664,483
                  2024: $132,913,117
                  2025: $139,237,538

If that's the case, wouldn't Green want to sign a 1 or 2 year (player option) contract this off-season and try to get a max/ or as much as he can get during the 2016 off-season? That is what LeBron is doing.
                  If so, GS does have the 2nd most salary committed for the 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 season, again. Like others have said, GS has said they would be willing to pay luxury tax or could move other players. We'll see if that is actually true because a $94 million cap position (+ the other added salaries for 4-5 more players to fill the roster) would be a huge luxury tax hit. They haven't had to do that yet.
                  Like I could see Phili being open to taking David Lee (and his $16 million cap hit) plus a 1st Round pick for nothing much.
                  I think at one point OKC said they wanted to keep Harden, but had to trade him to keep Serge.

28 other teams will have an easier time offering Green more money in 2015/2016 due to cap space (unless there is a rule that GS can offer more short term)... so "just saying", any team can go after Green.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                    The two euros are moving up the draft boards. Just maybe... just maybe Justice Winslow will slide to Detroit.
                    That's the dream, my friend. I haven't wanted a doookie to fall to the Pistons this much since Grant Hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                      The two euros are moving up the draft boards. Just maybe... just maybe Justice Winslow will slide to Detroit.
                      Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      That'd be nice. I think Cauley-Stein is going too so if the 2 Euros do then Winslow would indeed be at 8.
                      Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                      That's the dream, my friend. I haven't wanted a doookie to fall to the Pistons this much since Grant Hill.
                      I hope Winslow is there for the Pistons too. The last player the Pistons need to be available for them is Cauley-Stein. He would basically be Drummond's backup. The floor spacing would be awful with those two on the court together.

A lot of people do have Cauley-Stein going to Sacramento. If Cousins' better position is the 4, that would make sense. With Rudy Gay at SF, I don't think they would take Winslow.

Orlando is the greatest possible landing spot for Winslow IMO. They have young players set at PG, SG, PF, and C. Tobias Harris and Moe Harkless are their SFs. I'm thinking SF is their biggest need long term.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I still think Winslow being there is a stretch. The kid is talented and should be long gone. The euros suck
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Even if WCS isn't picked by 8 the Pistons have other options....I think worst case scenario is they have to choose between Stanley Johnson and Frank kaminsky.

Comment

• #8 is a great spot to be in. Now matter who they get, they should be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                              #8 is a great spot to be in. Now matter who they get, they should be happy.
                              I agree. There are actually 9 or 10 guys whom I think could help the Pistons.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                                I agree. There are actually 9 or 10 guys whom I think could help the Pistons.

Okafor, Anthony-Towns and Russell are going to go in the top-3.

After that, you have a grouping of:

Porzingis
                                Hezonja
                                Winslow
                                Mudiay
                                Johnson
                                Cauley-Stien

The Pistons would gladly take any of those players sans Cauley-Stien, who has a great chance to get taken before they pick anyway.

They're going to have their pick of someone that can really help them. I don't even have a rooting interest here. There's a reason to like everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X