No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok ... so I just make a back up recovery disc with a USB Flash drive ... don't ever erase it and I'm cool.

I'm supposed to be getting a new modem from comcast fairly soon with upgraded speeds. I'll grab a new router when that happens.

Thanks.
    Forever One!

Comment

• No problem. Glad to get more use out of the hours I've wasted figuring this crap out myself
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Gone are the days when you could say to people stuff like....., "I just got 4 RF10-60's for the Hyper modulating processor unit and all I need now are 2 8.6mm fibre optic cable casings for the RV35's and I'm fking blasting off man."....., because people then google it all and instantly find out that it's all bollocks. It's just no fun anymore.

Anyway, I'm off to pick up a soldered CU9 for an imperial gas pipe. Now that is not bollocks, promise.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Did the rebels sabotage it again? When will they learn that resistance is futile..
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Gone are the days when you could say to people stuff like....., "I just got 4 RF10-60's for the Hyper modulating processor unit and all I need now are 2 8.6mm fibre optic cable casings for the RV35's and I'm fking blasting off man."....., because people then google it all and instantly find out that it's all bollocks. It's just no fun anymore.

Anyway, I'm off to pick up a soldered CU9 for an imperial gas pipe. Now that is not bollocks, promise.
            I had to google that.

I still don't know what the fuck it is...Ha!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ok, prepared to be bored CGVT because this is going to bore the tits right aff ye man.

We use 22mm copper pipe here in the UK. The old imperial pipe is 21mm. Now for gas pipes below floorboards, we are not allowed to use compression fittings, they must be soldered. When we discover old imperial gas pipe, (like i did today in the stockbridge area of Edinburgh) the 22mm soldered fittings are too loose for the pipe. So a fitting manufactured from 22mm Copper to 21mm Imperial can be bought from the plumbing merchant......., the code for this fitting is...... CU9.

So....., like promised, that was not bollocks. Could you not find it on google? YEEEESSSSS....., Fuck you google, I know more than you!!

Hey CG....., you asleep?
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I actually understood that, Marko. How long ago did they switch over from the imperial to the 22mm and do you run into it very often? It sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm impressed with Marko's vast knowledge of pipes. Seriously.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• 22mm Copper was introduced sometime between 1970-72. Its all over Edinburgh really. But its a regulation to install new 22mm copper when installing a new High Efficiency combination boiler so CU9's are used rarely. I needed one today because I was capping off a gas supply to a lounge fireplace. And when pushed for time on a job, discovering imperial gas pipes is a serious pain in the ass.

Comment

• Attention to detail is overrated in gas pipefitting. What's the worst that could happen?
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Why is it that Britain has switched to the metric system, but the U.S. still uses the Imperial measurement one? We're in that exclusive club with Liberia & Myanmar.

Comment

• The metric system is great. Should be used for all engineering applications sure. But that said, the foot is just a really nice distance to visualize something in ones head and I would rather not give up miles either.

Oh and it sucks filling up a tank of gas in canada. Gallons rule too

Comment

• It's a pain in my ass having to convert everything living over here in Japan though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Ok, prepared to be bored CGVT because this is going to bore the tits right aff ye man.

We use 22mm copper pipe here in the UK. The old imperial pipe is 21mm. Now for gas pipes below floorboards, we are not allowed to use compression fittings, they must be soldered. When we discover old imperial gas pipe, (like i did today in the stockbridge area of Edinburgh) the 22mm soldered fittings are too loose for the pipe. So a fitting manufactured from 22mm Copper to 21mm Imperial can be bought from the plumbing merchant......., the code for this fitting is...... CU9.

So....., like promised, that was not bollocks. Could you not find it on google? YEEEESSSSS....., Fuck you google, I know more than you!!

Hey CG....., you asleep?
                              Impressive. But don't forget to fill out the 27B/6 form.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B61_5sRoBI&list=PLF3CC5CDFF92C41FA&index= 4"]Brazil (4/10) Movie CLIP - Central Services Pays a Visit (1985) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                                can one of you geeks help me with purchasing an external disc drive. My usb ports are 3.0 if that means anything.

I might need an external hard drive and/or optical drive.

Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find comprehensive support information for Sony products.

here is some techno talk that I'm supposed to understand regarding making a recovery disk.
                                OK ... can some one decipher this for me? Do I get a 2.0 USB or a 3.0 USB to make a recovery flash drive?
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X