No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit....the video is up...damn that's fucked up...
    "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Video is up on youtube. Not going to post it here because the kid might be dead, but...at the very least, it looks like Stewart recklessly endangered his life, if he didn't intend to hit him outright. Swerved his car right in his direction under a caution flag.

Sheriff just confirmed the kid was DOA at the hospital. Gut-wrenching.
      Last edited by Kstat; August 10, 2014, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Tony Stewart has probably forgotten what this kid looked like by tomorrow.

Jim Utter @jim_utter ? 35m NEWS: Sources close to Stewart say at this time, Stewart still plans to compete in Sunday's race at Watkins Glen International.

Comment

• What a fucking asshole...the video clearly showed him gassing it right into Kevin Ward Jr. I have no respect for Stewart anymore...fucking scumbag! He should be behind bars and NASCAR needs to wake the fuck up and make a statement.
          "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• I saw the video and saw something entirely different. I saw a hothead stupidly walking into oncoming traffic on a dirt track.

On top of that, Stewart ISN'T racing today, unlike what was claimed, and investigators have already ruled out any criminal charges.

Hopefully what this DOES do is pressure NASCAR into enforcing their own policies about what drivers do after a wreck. They are SUPPOSED to wait either in the car or at a safe distance for officials to arrive, but we see it far too often with racers getting aggressive and doing incredibly stupid shit (like Stewart himself has done, like go after other racers have done or throwing his helmet at passing cars).

It's ridiculous that people have to DIE before NASCAR decides to shit about anything.

Comment

• This wasn't a Nascar race or a Nascar track.

To me it looked like Tony was trying to fuck with him and he was a dumbass for that. However, if that guy doesn't get out of his car because he was butthurt he is alive today, which makes him a dumbass also.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• We must be heartless bastards over here......, that NASCAR incident didn't even make the main news here. Had to trawl the BBC pages to find it.

I feel an Airplane! quote coming on....... This must be classed as murder, Surely?!
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• First of all, it wasn't a NASCAR incident. Second, it wasn't anything criminal, just an unfortunate accident. There wasn't any premeditation. I believe what happened is Ward was butthurt and decided to try to make a scene by showing off to the NASCAR driver. If he stays in his car he's likely alive today.

While Tony did nothing criminal, I expect a wrongful death suit to be filed against him by Ward's estate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                    First of all, it wasn't a NASCAR incident. Second, it wasn't anything criminal, just an unfortunate accident. There wasn't any premeditation. I believe what happened is Ward was butthurt and decided to try to make a scene by showing off to the NASCAR driver. If he stays in his car he's likely alive today.

While Tony did nothing criminal, I expect a wrongful death suit to be filed against him by Ward's estate.
                    Yeah, I didn't realize it wasn't a NASCAR event until after I watched the video myself. I hate to call something so sickening an "unfortunate accident", but damn if I can't think of a better way to put it. There were so many things leading up to that incident that if ANY of them had played out differently we wouldn't have a dead driver... and yes, Stewart should (and will) have some culpability in it.

Comment

• I didn't see Stewart swerving to hit the guy, I saw Stewart taking that corner on the outside. In dirt track racing there is always swerving going on around the corners.

I also saw the kid out in the middle of the track playing traffic tag.

Gotta blame the kid more than the driver.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Dirt track racing the cars slid around the corner. Also you need to hit the gas to have better control of the car. I don't see where Tony Stewart "tried" to hit the kid. The car in front of Stewart had to swerve to miss the kid and Tony comes around the corner, with his vision impaired by the car in front of him, and suddenly there's a person there. Tony hits the gas to try to swerve around the kid but is unable to do so. Unfortunate as hell. The kid should have stayed in his car. Worse yet he walks down the track toward the inside where oncoming cars are. Road Rage gone way wrong.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Also dirt tracks aren't lit up all that well and it didn't help that Ward was wearing all black.

Comment

• Different tweets from different sources during and after the incident sure don't look good for anybody involved.

Sounds like authorities closed the track, ushered everyone out. Seized both cars (Stewart and Ward). So it looks like they might be looking into a full investigation?

Another guy tweeted that he was near Stewart's hauler. Right after the incident, he came back and they changed the right rear tire. Actually put a left tire on. Apparently the authorities were made aware of this as well.

Kid never should have manned up and got out of his car. He could have settled his beef after the race. Darwin award for him for putting himself in that position.

And Stewart never should have gunned it with him in close proximity. You gun those cars, they set sideways. He did, and it did. It clipped him, and killed him. Stewart's deliberate actions caused this. Accidental or not, I think there should be an actual criminal investigation and he should be held accountable from what I've seen. Let the system dictate what happens to him.

Comment

• It is difficult by the Video to understand where they were on the track but I am thinking the yellow came out after Stewart had passed the line and he was racing back to the line for position.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "And Stewart never should have gunned it with him in close proximity. You gun those cars, they set sideways."
                                ---------------------------------------------He gunned it for the opposite reason. He wanted to avoid him. Coming around a corner like that, and sliding toward the outside of the track where there was a person standing, Stewart gunned it to try and straighten the vehicle out(the ass end), stopping the outward slide, and hopefully avoiding the kid.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X