Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The youth needs to step up period.

And Babcock is the primary element holding them back. HE'S the one who insisted on Cleary and Bertuzzi and Tootoo. If Babcock had his way, Nyquist would have been on the first bus back to GR once Cleary and Bertuzzi were cleared to play again.

Yes, Holland likes to "over-season" the youngsters too, but certainly not to the degree that Babock has been clinging to the vets like a security blanket. Until Babcock came into town, once a youngin' had laced up his skates and threw on the winged wheel, he stayed unless he played himself off the roster.

Comment

• Again.. I don't disagree with EVERYONES assessment about Babcock and Holland holding the youth back. I disagree with who he signs that are supposed to be superior to them.

Its not Babcocks call to sign Cleary, Bert, Tootoo etc etc.. It's Hollands.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Its not Babcocks call to sign Cleary, Bert, Tootoo etc etc.. It's Hollands.
        ......and Delavanos.

It is not who is signed as much as it is who makes the roster.

Who calls the shots on the roster?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Oh come on MM. That's BS. The only reason that's a valid point is that we haven't signed anyone worth a shit in 5-6 years.

Besides a rookie signing name me one FA signing that has been decent.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Oh come on MM. That's BS. The only reason that's a valid point is that we haven't signed anyone worth a shit in 5-6 years.

Besides a rookie signing name me one FA signing that has been decent.
            The new CBA does not allow Wings to sign FA's because they have too much invested in their core team.

Signing older vets that have proven they can play is not stupid. Keeping them on the roster thinking they can contribute when they can't is.

Comment

• :-D:-DAll of you are providing me with some great reading in this thread Strong, reasoned arguments without the dribble we so often find in some of the other forum threads. Keep it up, I got nothing else to do for three weeks until my wife and youngest daughter return from Europe.

Comment

• Please say Cleary can go now.. Its not a tie anymore

“I used to say tie goes to the veteran,” Babcock said of a close competition for a roster spot. “Now, the best player plays. If you’re 22 (years old), it doesn’t make any difference. We’re in that stage of our development.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz3DHEuqwKp
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• WTF? Now is when you do it?
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Please say Cleary can go now.. Its not a tie anymore

?I used to say tie goes to the veteran,? Babcock said of a close competition for a roster spot. ?Now, the best player plays. If you?re 22 (years old), it doesn?t make any difference. We?re in that stage of our development.?

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz3DHEuqwKp
                    Not to worry.

Cleary, clearly can not play the entire year. There is no tie here.

Comment

• Damn it!

Dats separated a shoulder and will be out 4-5 weeks.

Comment

• I still can't believe he was leveled in the preseason. This is fucking bullshit man
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Damn it!

Dats separated a shoulder and will be out 4-5 weeks.
                          I was even more disappointed when Mantha went down. I was excited to see how this preC went for the youngin. He's going to be really good.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wings are messing up the youth situation again. We should be keeping at least 2 of the young guns on the varsity squad but they'll send them all down.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Mike likes the vets

Comment

• I get that he likes his vets and I've always liked how we've never rushed prospects. In previous years we've had good players in front of the prospects to make it a tough decision . If all things were equal they'd send the youngins back down for more seasoning until injuries or their hands were forced.

Over the last few years Holland has signed garbage and hasn't brought in ANYTHING worth a shit to upgrade this roster. Last season it was glaring that our vets just weren't that good and got spent with injuries. The youth stepped up and have now forced the Wings hand with the forwards

Smith, Kindl, Quincey and Lashoff are like 4 Dan Clearys on the blue line. Smith and Kindl had tolerable seasons but they're never going to be anything more then what they are right now. Lashoff is a warm body and Quincey flat out sucks. I don't care what we're paying the vets they shouldn't be holding our youth back.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X