No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a interview this morning, turned into 2. They called me 2 1/2 hrs later to tell me I got the job. I go in the morning to accept or deny it and go thru the drug test and training. I will have to re-amp my time management skills as I will be working the graveyard shift.

Gonz: Looks like we will be coming into your neck of the woods sooner than expected. Plus, I can see my daughter again.

Marko69: When do the Lions play by you again? Who cares how many seats are in the row.

LFIJ: We missed you when you came to the states; we may have to take a flight over by you.

Oz: Do you still need a babysitter? Will have to vacation by you also.

Desert Lion: When we pass through next time, will let you know so we can all meet up.
    Last edited by Angeleyes; August 28, 2014, 07:29 PM.
    My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      I don't think we are even going to London any more, never mind the game itself. Work commitments on both our parts, especially Sacha. She started a new job since all the colleges merged into one , and it's created havoc. More work, same money, more students etc, etc. I've told her several times that she is off her head agreeing to all this, but apparently the entire workforce, (650 employees) are all in the same boat......, no agreement, no job basically. Unreal.

Thank God I'm self employed. Just last week I told myself to "pull your finger out your ass and get some quotes done"......., but I instantly told myself to "go fuck yourself" then switched on the Man City game.
      Marko,

Kimiko would understand completely Sacha's predicament. She's been so busy ever since she got back, she's actually broken out in hives all over from the stress. This is not uncommon for public school teachers in Japan. When I was teaching in the junior high schools I saw a few teachers just have nervous breakdowns and go on medical leave for a couple years.

Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
      LFIJ: We missed you when you came to the states; we may have to take a flight over by you.
      Congrats on the job! I don't know how you'll have the time though!

You know you'd have a place to stay if you decide to make the trip!
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• wrong thread

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
          Marko,

Kimiko would understand completely Sacha's predicament. She's been so busy ever since she got back, she's actually broken out in hives all over from the stress. This is not uncommon for public school teachers in Japan. When I was teaching in the junior high schools I saw a few teachers just have nervous breakdowns and go on medical leave for a couple years.
          Not good about Kimikos stress levels there, LFIJ. Can't be nice seeing her being so stressed. You'll want to help any way you can.

Difference with Sacha is she sees anything as a challenge...., which I've got to say, kind of annoys me. We had a miniature fall out couple of weeks ago when I physically said, "You are off your head agreeing to this with no extra cash involved." I received the "cash isn't everything" lecture. Which of course is true. I obviously want that retirement home in Sicily more than her!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah, it sucks Marko. She's weathered a lot of bs so far, but this school she's at now is just non-stop. There's not much I can do other than take care of Tyler and things around the house.

Comment

• So is she working the full day, then bringing work home also? I suppose the only thing you can do is be as supportive as you can, which it sounds like you are.

I can't bring the physical side of my job home with me. But believe me, if I had a job that entailed that, I'd quit and go live in a cave in the Highlands.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• A cave in the highlands sounds pretty good.

Comment

• Well, I used to live in a Highland cave but decided to move to Edinburgh after a bunch of Immortal Warriors kept fighting at night. Was really annoying.

Comment

• Congrats AE.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Congrats AE.

You guys better look me up.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• sleeping in my own bed last night. Eating for the first time in two days....
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• SLF, tablet finally posted this morning. I'm blaming work commitments for the delay!

Malto Marko, Delay with yours due to out of stock, when the item is in it will be posted. Probably a couple of weeks.

I always seem to say your name with an Italian accent. I do not know why I do this. I say, "Heeeeey, it's ah Malto Marko haahhhh!!" It really pisses the wife off. Just 10 minutes ago she said, "For Gods sake, stop with that shitty Italian accent!"

Obviously I replied with, "Heeeey , bambino, haaaahhh, whatsa matter weetha you haaaahhh? I ah speak weeth ma friend ah Malto Marko haaaahhh!"
                          I got the an evil stare then she left. Unreal.

Actually, no, it's not unreal........ It's , heeeey, itsa fawkin unrealah, haaaahhh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                            sleeping in my own bed last night. Eating for the first time in two days....
                            I am very late to see that post Coop. I hope you are doing well.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Rory McIlroy made this kids day!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f57vhVMMla8"]Kid celebrates Rory McIlroy giving him a golf ball at BMW - YouTube[/ame]
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Gotta love that shit.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X