No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I witnessed all my children being born. Cut the umbilical cord as well. I was amazed the whole time. Very awesome. I highly recommend it.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Good stuff, Joel!

That's a great story, Mark.

Tyler's delivery day wasn't quite as smooth. Kimiko delivered via c-section at 3:00 in the afternoon. The nurse brought him out to me straight away, so I got to hold him. The doctor came out and said they were having a bit of trouble stopping the bleeding after they cut the umbilical cord. We took Tyler in so that he could meet mom properly, and then we waited a couple hours but the bleeding didn't stop.

The doctor at the clinic advised us to move Kimiko to one of the big hospitals where they could do more to help her, so we had to leave Tyler at the clinic and I rode in the ambulance with Kimiko. It didn't seem all that serious, and I even snapped a photo of the ambulance when we got out as another souvenir to show Tyler about the day he was born.

By about 10:00pm the doctor at the hospital came and told me that they hadn't been able to stop the bleeding, and they'd given her something like 6 liters of blood transfusions (yes, that's more than what was in her body to beginwith). He wanted to ask my permission to perform a hysterectomy. I asked if he'd talked to Kimiko about it, and he said he was going to do so after he spoke with me.

We went in together, and I saw the monitor showing Kimiko's blood pressure at just above 50 over 30. She was conscious but I'm not sure she really understood what the doctor was telling her. It wasn't really a choice though, because if she didn't get it she was going to die.

I was waiting with her parents, and my parents were calling me for updates. The nurse finally came and told us she had gotten out of surgery and was stabilized, but she had to spend a couple of days in the ICU. I went back to the clinic about 2:00am and got to give Tyler a bottle, and just relax for the first time since he'd been born.

I spent the next week going to the clinic on my lunch break to take pictures & video. After work, I'd go to the hospital to show them to Kimiko and then after seeing her I'd go back to the clinic to hang out with Tyler until visiting hours were over. After a week they let Kimiko out of the hospital and back to the clinic where she was finally reunited with Tyler.

And this is probably more info than any of you guys wanted to read...
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Holy shit! That had to be the most terrifying time of your life. Damn glad things worked out as well as they did.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
          Holy shit! That had to be the most terrifying time of your life. Damn glad things worked out as well as they did.

I second that! Holy Shit! I would have been a mess, Kimiko is lucky to have you.
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            Holy shit! That had to be the most terrifying time of your life. Damn glad things worked out as well as they did.
            Ha, yeah...it was the longest two hours sitting in that hospital wondering what was going to happen.

Originally posted by Islair View Post
            I second that! Holy Shit! I would have been a mess, Kimiko is lucky to have you.
            I think I am lucky to have Kimiko.

Comment

• Wow!

That is scary LFIJ!

When my daughter was born, she was jaunticed. They put her in an incubator under UV lights to try to raise her bellyrubins. She was checked every half hour and did not respond well to the treatment. Drs. told us that if improvement did not come on the next sample, they would have to do a full transfusion and replace all of her blood.

Thankfully, she did show improvement on that sample and was out of ICU about 12 hours later.

That scared her mother and me also.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I don't know what I would have done if there had been something wrong with Tyler as well. Thankfully he was healthy and in good hands while I was with Kimiko.

Comment

• That's pretty scary LFIJ. So wonderful everything worked out.

"When my daughter was born, she was jaundiced. They put her in an incubator under UV lights to try to raise her bilirubins

FIFY, Mark.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• bilirubin, belly rubbin', whatev
                    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• WOW, LFIJ, scary stuff. Glad all turned out ok.

my little man had to go back into the hospital at one week old because of jaundice. It was so scary - even though it is a very common thing, when it is your little one it is a tough thing to go through.
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                        bilirubin, belly rubbin', whatev
                        Mmm Reubens

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          That's pretty scary LFIJ. So wonderful everything worked out.

"When my daughter was born, she was jaundiced. They put her in an incubator under UV lights to try to raise her bilirubins

FIFY, Mark.
                          Tanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                            WOW, LFIJ, scary stuff. Glad all turned out ok.

my little man had to go back into the hospital at one week old because of jaundice. It was so scary - even though it is a very common thing, when it is your little one it is a tough thing to go through.

Comment

• My brother was jaundiced.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Awesome picture there, Islair. Agree with Tony that he looks slightly unhappy, but I think I'll put that down to him seeing too many Lions logos in his first few hours and he's thinking, "I gotta follow that shyte?"

Scary shit is an understatement there, LFIJ. What a total nightmare. So glad she pulled through and lived to be Tylers "Mom".
                                Can I ask, hopefully not too personal on the open forum......, but when Kimiko was over the worst and on the mend, how did she take the news of what had to be done?

Was at all my kids births too, DanO. Only cut the cord of my daughter and youngest son......, oldest sons cord was wrapped around his neck so there was maybe 40 seconds of emergency until they got that sorted. In that 40 seconds, I collapsed, hit my head on a chair, got up again, collapsed some more and got up again. No point me even being there, was useless.

Funny "long story short" story about my youngest son, Scotty boy being born. We had an irish midwife with a real strong Southern irish accent. My ex wife was pushing & pushing and she basically crapped the table. Midwife turns and says to me, "How many kids you got, Mark?"
                                I said, "Two,...., son and a daughter"
                                She said, " Well this one is yer little shit!"
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X