Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Uh, pit bulls are not the only culprits.

Do a quick search on "dog kills baby". Ever been afraid of a husky? Your baby s\b.

Sorry, dont want my flesh and blood progeny to be killed by any animal. You solve that by removing the animal from the equation.

Its so simple.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States"]Fatal dog attacks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

since 2005 there have been 38 fatalities from dogs on children lass than a year old. Some of those are dogs in packs.

Total number of dogs is approx 70 million
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I stirred up fuck all. I never use the word "Troll". Everyone is a fucking troll IMO.

I'd seriously trust a cat more than a dog with a child......, but I'd never leave a child alone with any of them....., not that that's what was being discussed.

Deborah. I do understand the germ and allergy thing. I have an absolute paranoid wee sister who is in the medical profession who kids are never away from the feckin doctors due to being raised in a bubble! My point was having such a young looking infant lying amongst dogs, with their mouths touching etc etc??? There must be limits to the issue when the babies are so young. Im very much a "Scratch my own arse then eat a biscuit" type of bloke, but not a "dog lick my hand then eat a biscuit with the same hand" type. But I'm not crapping on the entire dog population, honest.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Those pics with the dog and puppy with the babies are damn adorable.

To address those that have misgivings about allowing the dog to be so close to an infant.

Your fears are well founded and should always be monitored by an adult.

However, I can see where a dog (or puppy) would take to an infant and be its protector.

I have had dogs that do and dogs that did not like infants.

Luckily the dogs that did not, would head in the opposite direction, any time an infant (usually one of my offspring) was infringing in their territory.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• oh, Bim, sorry. :-) Yes, kittens are cute, too, BUT they have sharp little kitteh claws, so I would be far less likely to let a kitten be too close to an infant. Ted Nugent and all...
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• My two cents for what it's worth.

1. I think Marko said above you can't truly know a dog. I wholeheartedly disagree. I never ever had any question as to what Shadow was thinking at any given time. It was how can I get love, or how can I play, or how can I eat, or I need to pee. I can't say that people are nearly that transparent to me.

2. I would imagine that statistically speaking, it is much more dangerous to leave an infant with an uncle than a dog.

3. I fully wholeheartedly trusted Shadow. I know that he would have never hurt a baby (his howling when they cried as an alarm that something was wrong was evidence of that) but I would have never left him alone or that close to a baby. He's a dog and he acted like one. He would turn around and bump into things. He would step on people to get across them or into their laps. He would nudge people to get attention. Basically, subtlety was not his strength.

That said. Do you leave an infant that size alone a lot?
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              My two cents for what it's worth.

1. I think Marko said above you can't truly know a dog. I wholeheartedly disagree. I never ever had any question as to what Shadow was thinking at any given time. It was how can I get love, or how can I play, or how can I eat, or I need to pee. I can't say that people are nearly that transparent to me.

2. I would imagine that statistically speaking, it is much more dangerous to leave an infant with an uncle than a dog.

3. I fully wholeheartedly trusted Shadow. I know that he would have never hurt a baby (his howling when they cried as an alarm that something was wrong was evidence of that) but I would have never left him alone or that close to a baby. He's a dog and he acted like one. He would turn around and bump into things. He would step on people to get across them or into their laps. He would nudge people to get attention. Basically, subtlety was not his strength.

That said. Do you leave an infant that size alone a lot?
              Here here. I have had a dog on both ends of the spectrum. One I would trust to be absolutely an extra defender/care-taker/almost parent of my daughter (and he is by nature a very timid dog, but don't mess with his girl - he put my best friend on notice once) - and one that I would be nervous because like you said, if excited he might knock something over or step on somebody.

A dog-owner with a relationship with his dog knows that animal's motivations and even "thoughts" more than he will ever know another human's.

One dog I owned made me nervous, but never because I worried he might hurt someone in his "pack". What was the number I heard earlier, 38 fatal attacks from 7 million dogs living with families? Plastic bags are probably more dangerous.

There are more dogs living with families worldwide than babies. If you would like to see an ineresting show:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnVS27WODg"]Dogs Decoded - YouTube[/ame]
              Last edited by dpatnod; December 31, 2013, 06:55 PM.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I'm late to the party, but Zero looks like a Japanese Shiba.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiba_Inu"]Shiba Inu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Regarding their temperament:

Sometimes, the Shiba tends to show dog aggression. This is more prevalent between female Shibas and is influenced by the breed's strong prey drive. The Shiba Inu is best in a home without other small dogs or young children, but consistent obedience training and early socialization can make all the difference.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Adorable Photos of Animals and Their Mini-Me's

As if cats weren't popular enough on the internet, redditor SteveV91 has uploaded some of the most adorable photos of the house pets hanging out with

these and many many more

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• dogs in snow

Comment

• My puppy getting the jump on her 2 years older half sister.
                      Attached Files
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Airedales?

Comment

• Close. Irish Terriers. They look a lot alike without anything to show scale.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• They're very cute!!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• So I spent close to an hour shoveling a path off the deck and a "rec area" for my south Texas transplant mutt. With only minutes to spare, the slider opened, he took EXACTLY four steps onto the deck and claimed the cedar planked territory with a steamer. He then beat me back inside the house where he has curled up in a Lions blanket.

I am thinking of shoving his nose in it and calling him a bad dog (the blanket, not the steamer).
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X