No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it comes down to Winslow, Johnson or Booker. I'm assuming Hezonja goes in the top 7. If you take SVG at face value when he says you consider who will be the best 3 years from now, then you put Oubre squarely in the mix too.

Comment

• I know we dont need a PG but what do Emmanuel Mudiay? If your team needed a pg would you draft him?
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I do like Herzonja's last line of his strength bio. It's one of those things that wouldn't scare me of a Darko repeat

He’s really confident on his talent, he’s really comfortable in clutch situations ...
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think Phili and NYK are the wild cards that can shake up what Detroit gets.

Phili will take Russell or Porzingis, with more people recently thinking they like Porzingis. I think that's crazy because they already have Noel, Embiid, and Saric. Yes, the idea is to "collect assets", but spending 4 top picks on the PF and C is costly short term.
          NYK will supposedly trade the pick if Okafor isn't there (who is that trade partner?). If the Knicks keep that pick, I think Russell, Winslow, and Porzingis each have a high chance of being picked by the Knicks.

The biggest fit to me in the top 7 (minus Towns to Min + Okafor to LAL) is Mudiay to Sacramento. They don't really have a PG and I think George Karl likes having a good PG with his system.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I was just looking at mocks and realized that all of the top rated collegiates are all fresshmen. Doesn't anyone stay in school anymore?
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It actually seems to be a strike against a player if they stay in school too long....The NBA draft seems to be more about potential than current.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                It actually seems to be a strike against a player if they stay in school too long....The NBA draft seems to be more about potential than current.....
                Its only a strike against you if you don't improve from year to year....most elite talents leave early. It's not like there's a bias against seniors. If they were talented enough to leave early, they'd have left early.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  I do like Herzonja's last line of his strength bio. It's one of those things that wouldn't scare me of a Darko repeat

He?s really confident on his talent, he?s really comfortable in clutch situations ...
                  IDK, Darko had the same things being said about him. And he was GANGSTA!
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• If Sacremento trades Cousins to LAL, a combination of Okafor + Mudiay OR Russell + WCS sounds nice with the 2nd and 6th pick.
                    I don't think it will happen and actually I might be wrong about my Mudiay to Sacremento prediction. Apparently they aren't working out Mudiay.
                    WCS or Super Mario might be the Kings' pick.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Just saw on CBS Sportsline that the Pistons & Knicks are exploring a possible Jennings for Tim Hardaway Jr. swap?
                      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Are the Stones gonna get somethimg else with Jr? Besides cap room, IDK if I would do that deal
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          If Sacremento trades Cousins to LAL, a combination of Okafor + Mudiay OR Russell + WCS sounds nice with the 2nd and 6th pick.
                          I don't think it will happen and actually I might be wrong about my Mudiay to Sacremento prediction. Apparently they aren't working out Mudiay.
                          WCS or Super Mario might be the Kings' pick.
                          How can they draft 3 guys with 2 picks?

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                            How can they draft 3 guys with 2 picks?
                            2 picks (#2 and #6) with 2 players.
                            Either Russell + WCS ... or ... Okafor + Mudiay. If they trade Cousins.

If Sacramento stays at #6, I think (in order) WCS, Super Mario, or Mudiay would be the pick. Apparently Sacramento and Mudiay are not "getting along."
                            Last edited by Cody_Russell; June 23, 2015, 10:59 AM.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Sorry. I misinterpreted. I thought it was Okafor, 1 of Russell OR Mudiay, and then WCS.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                                Sorry. I misinterpreted. I thought it was Okafor, 1 of Russell OR Mudiay, and then WCS.
                                My fault. After re-reading it, I made it sound confusing.

So based on rumors, the top 8 should be:

1. T-Wolves - Towns
                                2. Lakers - Okafor
                                3. Phili - Porzingis
                                4. Knicks - Russell (Will keep pick if Russell is there)
                                5. Magic - Winslow
                                6. Sacramento - WCS
                                7. Denver - Mudiay? (if not, Hezonja).
                                8. Pistons - Either Mudiay, Hezonja, or Stanley Johnson.... small chance they reach for Dekker (hopefully not).

I wonder how far Mudiay slips. The Hornets have Kemba locked up for $12 million a year for the next 4 years. Miami would be a fit at #10... but that's #10.
                                Our Pistons? It would be crazy to see if that scenario plays out where Mudiay is available.
                                Last edited by Cody_Russell; June 23, 2015, 11:34 AM.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X