No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Can't fault Lion PR here, how he wanted to present his situation (plus his family wishes) on how he was doing had to be respected.
    AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• RIP Mr. Sanders. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Very sad. He always seemed so very proud to be a Lion. Not many have seemed that way. Sorry his life was cut short. :(
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Well wishes to the Sanders family here. Always disappointed I never saw him play. He always seemed like a great guy and enjoyed the fact that such a Lion great was able and happy to be so close to the team so many years after retirement.

He will be missed by this fan.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• RIP Charlie, one of the real good guys.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
              The first Lions jersey I owned was a Charlie Sanders jersey. I didn't know he was ill. I never heard anything about that.

I also had a Charlie Sanders jersey first. My first football idol, really. Enjoy heaven ole 88

Comment

• Sanders and Landry were my first sports heroes, along with Kaline

RIP Charlie. You were the best.

Comment

• RIP Charlie

Comment

• One of my all-time favorites. RIP Charlie.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Im a bit too young, but remember my Dad loved him. Also want to share this from a FB friend.

I don't even know what to say. Charlie Sanders was one of the coolest guys I ever knew. I mean, he was an NFL Hall of Famer, and he sang back-up vocals on Marvin Gaye's What's Goin' On. I worked with him many times over the years, and we used to talk football a lot. When the Lions moved to Allen Park, he wanted to come up with a phrase or saying to help inspire everyone, and for some reason, he asked me for my input, while I was bolting a truss together, at Andiamo's. Together, we came up with, "Hard work beats talent, when talent won't work hard." There's a wooden plaque that hangs in the front of the training room with that burned into it. I went to a Lion's game on Thanksgiving once, it was Stafford's rookie year. We were leaving early, and I spotted Charlie, and was intending on just waving to him. He started waving at me to come down to the rail, and the next thing you know, he was introducing me to all the players, and telling me how I was a part of the team, "More than you know" he said. It was an honor to know him, My condolences go out to his family and all who were close to him.

Comment

• Nice tribute by your friend WF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                          Didn't they make an Avengers movie in the early 0's from that TV show?
                          Yeah as it was a flop with Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman.
                          Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                            Sanders and Landry were my first sports heroes, along with Kaline

RIP Charlie. You were the best.
                            Ditto

Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                            RIP Charlie
                            Ditto

Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            One of my all-time favorites. RIP Charlie.
                            Ditto

Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                            Nice tribute by your friend WF.
                            Indeed
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Amanda Peterson (star of "Can't Buy Me Love") died. She was 43 years old.
                              AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                                Amanda Peterson (star of "Can't Buy Me Love") died. She was 43 years old.
                                Wow, way too young! Loved that movie.
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X