Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    For those that follow MLE, I can see this year being the time when Matt Stonie overtakes Chestnut as the best eater in the world.

National awareness will obviously start on July 4th... but all you have to do is follow Stonie on YouTube. That guy is legit and will only get better at his age.
    February 8th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Just saying. Yay, Megatoad and his YouTube awesomeness!
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ooooops. Gunna get a bit political here but WTF?

People who want to smoke are now being told they can't smoke in an open park out doors?

Is this the precursor to legalizing smoking marijuana in Michigan, or is it an all out attack against smokers?

Edit:

Dearborn may ban smoking in all its parks

Health concerns prompt city to consider change July 23

By Niraj Warikoo Detroit Free Press

The city of Dearborn may soon ban smoking in all of its 43 public parks because of health concerns.
      If the ordinance is passed at a City Council meeting later this month, Dearborn will be one of about a dozen municipalities in the state to ban smoking in all its parks and maybe only the second in metro Detroit. Huntington Woods passed a similar ordinance in 1997. Ann Arbor moved last year to restrict smoking in some of its parks, but not all of them.
      The issue has prompted an intense debate among council members and residents, with some calling for only a partial ban, but others saying that it would be unfair to make exceptions

“This ordinance is based on public health concerns,” council President Susan Dabaja said at a recent meeting. “I’m definitely in favor of not having smoke around our children.”
      Dabaja added though that “I was hoping we could compromise and designate an area for people who would like to smoke. ... Unfortunately, we weren’t able to reach something we could agree on.”
      The ban would apply to all forms of smoking: cigarettes, cigars and hookahs, which are popular in Dearborn because of its sizable Arab-American population.
      The ban would not apply in Camp Dearborn, a city-owned park in Milford because that township enforces its own rules in the camp, said Dearborn City Attorney Debra Walling.
      Councilman Robert Abraham raised the possibility of making an exception for the Dearborn Hills Golf Course, but Councilman Mike Sareini said that would be unfair. “If the interest is the public health, we got to be consistent across the board,” Sareini said. “I don’t think we should pick and choose,” he said. The city can’t say, “It’s OK in certain places, and not in others.”
      Sareini said that it would be unrealistic to have partial bans that would require no smoking within a certain distance. “Taking a tape measure, and saying, ‘How far are we?’ ” would not be a realistic option, he said.
      Mayor Jack O’Reilly said that he’s not opposed to the ban, but added that enforcement might be difficult given that the city has 43 parks. He said that enforcement would come from either complaints by residents, or periodic checks by police.
      “We’ll do our best, but we only have so many resources,” O’Reilly said, and so the enforcement would largely have to come from complaints.
      A person who violates the ordinance would only get a violation if he or she refuses to stop smoking immediately by an officer. If he or she still refuses, the person would be cited for a civil infraction, with a maximum fine of $25 and costs.
      Some Arab Americans oppose the ban, saying it appears to target Arab Americans smoking hookahs in parks, but other Arab Americans support it.

“Although at the surface this ban may seem that it’s targeting Arab Americans, it’s not at all,” said Dearborn resident Majed Moughni. “The smoking bans have been enacted all across America. It’s good for our children and it’s the right thing to do. I support the smoking ban and hope our city council will as well.”
      In Michigan, 11 municipalities have smoking bans in all of their parks, including Dexter, Muskegon and Charlevoix, according to the American Nonsmokers’ Rights Foundation. Last year, the city of Ann Arbor, which has 158 parks, banned smoking in 77 parks.
      The Dearborn council is expected to vote on the ordinance at its July 23 meeting.
      Last edited by Malto Marko; July 6, 2015, 05:15 PM.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• What the heck is a hookah?
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          What the heck is a hookah?
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• LOL.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hahaha! Gold, CG!
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• LOL CG!

You would identify it as a large water pipe.

Like this.....
                Attached Files

Comment

• There are a lot of different things they smoke out of these, and of course, they are all legal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    HAHAHA! Good one
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thanks Malto. I Googled it. My comment was just a response. I like CGVT Hookah better. LOL.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Is this where the term dickface came from?

UberFacts ‏@UberFacts [ame="https://twitter.com/UberFacts/status/624538776879108096"]13m13 minutes ago[/ame] Spiders don’t have penises—they mate with the appendages on their face.
                        1 retweet 4 favorites

Comment

• CGVT.....That gave me the best laugh I've had on here in at least six months.....kudos.

Comment

• A fact previously unknown to everyone except Cliff Claven.
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Which restroom does Caitlyn Jenner use when she is out in public?

Comment

• A fire hydrant
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X