No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley looks ready for some NBA minutes to me.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Meanwhile, Aaron Gordon (Orlando Magic) has been dominating Summer League in the 2 games I've watched.
      He was the #4 overall pick from Zona last season. Had all the potential and athleticism, but hardly played last season due to injuries.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Meanwhile, Aaron Gordon (Orlando Magic) has been dominating Summer League in the 2 games I've watched.
        He was the #4 overall pick from Zona last season. Had all the potential and athleticism, but hardly played last season due to injuries.
        Summer League is organized rec league ball. I have seen guys like Mateen AVERAGE 40+ points in a rec league. Let's pump the brakes a little.

I just want to see if a guy commits himself to defense, rebounding and helping his teammates. Does he have a feel for the game? Does he find a way to compete without the ball in his hand?

I could care less if a guy scores a zillion points. It's no difference then the Lions pre-season stars. It's all empty until the real lights come on.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          Summer League is organized rec league ball. I have seen guys like Mateen AVERAGE 40+ points in a rec league. Let's pump the brakes a little.

I just want to see if a guy commits himself to defense, rebounding and helping his teammates. Does he have a feel for the game? Does he find a way to compete without the ball in his hand?

I could care less if a guy scores a zillion points. It's no difference then the Lions pre-season stars. It's all empty until the real lights come on.
          Wow your criteria basically defines Aaron Gordon ... except maybe feel for the game, not sure.
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Aaron Gordon was really, really bad last season. We'll see if his play carries over.

Comment

• Well again, Gordon dealt with injuries all season... starting with foot surgery in November and dealing with another injury to his ankle later.

I saw the end of the Miami vs Detroit game. SJ had a great block against Winslow. Both ended up with similar stats for the game, Winslow slightly better. Winslow played 6 more minutes than SJ.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cavs ... vs Spurs or GS next Finals.
                Let's skip the season already.

That's why the 76ers are ahead of 80% of the NBA. No shot to win the title in 2015/2016 (because the NBA is not like the NFL, NHL, MLB), so build for 2017/2018 and the years following.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Stanley Johnson shot 70% in the summer league. That's some efficient basketball right there.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Well again, Gordon dealt with injuries all season... starting with foot surgery in November and dealing with another injury to his ankle later.

I saw the end of the Miami vs Detroit game. SJ had a great block against Winslow. Both ended up with similar stats for the game, Winslow slightly better. Winslow played 6 more minutes than SJ.
                    Winslow had 3 more points but on 10 more shots. Stanley had more boards, assists, steals and blocks.

Comment

• Johnson was really impressive. Winslow will still get the headlines.

Comment

• I do think Winslow's lack of an outside game will hurt him. Players will make him take the outside shot. He's going to have to work hard on that aspect of his game, which I am guessing he will do.

Comment

Cavs ... vs Spurs or GS next Finals.

That's why the 76ers are ahead of 80% of the NBA. No shot to win the title in 2015/2016 (because the NBA is not like the NFL, NHL, MLB), so build for 2017/2018 and the years following.
                          The 76'ers have been tanking for 3 years with no end in sight. It's a terrible strategy. Who are their building blocks? Noel and Fat Embiid?

Comment

Cavs ... vs Spurs or GS next Finals.

The theory is good but the players they have been drafting don't really fit...i guess if you get enough shots at the lotery eventually you'll find a Steph Curry, Klay Thompson or someone of that caliber, but i dont think taking 3 centers in a row is going to win very many titles.

Comment

• GSW didn't even really tank for those players. They were just bad.

Their one example of "tanking" was Harrion Barnes, who is probably their 6th best player.

Comment

• BTW, Sam Hinkie is that guy in the room that thinks he's a super-genius that's ahead of everybody else ala billy beane, when in reality he's a numbers geek that doesn't understand winning basketball.

Nerlens Noel will be up for a new deal in 2 years. He'll probably get dealt before that happens. Unfortunately he hasn't shown anything outside of really good defensive instincts to warrant a good return.

Joel Embiid has one foot in the bust bin already. Bad feet and terrible work ethic. Good luck with that.

Jahil Okafor is probably their first really good prospect, and this is freaking year 3 of their lose-at-all-costs regime. Good for them...except they've fostered a loser mentality that isn't going to help him blossom into anything but a stat-stuffer.

Comment

Working...
                                X