No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon double cheese burger with onions, nachos with chili cheese dip, large fries, large Sprite, MASSIVE foam finger and a hat......., AHHHH!! When I visit LA, you are taking me to a hockey game! Can I wear a helmet with a face guard though? I'm fkn scared of that puck.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      Free tix to ANA v DAL 2nite. Took my daughter to her first live NHL game (she's 9). We sat behind the net in 201 in row Q. Great first game seats. And you can't beat "free." Despite about a hundred bucks being spent on grub and souvenirs.

She loved it, ANA wins 5-2.
      Very cool!

There was a story on the news about the cost of going to sporting events. Since the Baseball season is just begining they focused on that sport.

A local TV station wanted to find out what you could buy to eat for 20 bucks for more than one person.

At Comerica park the only thing they were able to get was 2 hot dogs and 2 12 oz pops.

IIRC the bill came to around 16 bucks.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Damn, that's a lot for some meat scraps and stained carbonated water
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I thought it was a bit over the top also.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Normally I try to eat before I go so I don't have to buy anything, but the last time I went to a Tigers game I forgot to do that. Ended up paying $5 for a slice of Little Caesars Pizza. It was a huge piece, but who the heck needs that big of a slice in the first place. I'd rather pay half the price and get a small piece of pizza. Heck, I can get a whole pizza for $5 bucks outside of the stadium. I won't make the mistake of eating there ever again.

Comment

• Is there really ever "too much pizza" CapBlue? And 5 bucks sounds like a bargain to me.
              Costs me ?10 for a burger, a pie and a coffee at Easter Road Stadium. And I never eat prior to attending the games......, stuffing my face is part of the day. A bit like the cinema. My wife always likes to eat light and maybe eat before going. Nope, not me. I'm not happy unless I've got nachos, cheese dips, popcorn, m&m's, juice etc etc etc. I always leave the cinema feeling like spewing, but that's all part of the fun! :-)
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• It's all inline with movie theater concession stands so I have a hard time making a big deal. When you pay 50-100 for the ticket, you also need to include 60-100 for random merchandise and 10-20 for each person for food and drinks. That is just how it works.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Bacon double cheese burger with onions, nachos with chili cheese dip, large fries, large Sprite, MASSIVE foam finger and a hat......., AHHHH!! When I visit LA, you are taking me to a hockey game! Can I wear a helmet with a face guard though? I'm fkn scared of that puck.
                  You'll have to find someone else to take you to an LA hockey game. But if you make it into Orange County, I can make it happen.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• When they price people out of attending all the games they have to make sure they maximize the amount of cash they remove from you when you do go. I'm guessing the people who go often don't hit the merch stands too much. The folks that do it once every year or two are far more likely to get something to make it special.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I dropped a pretty sizable chunk of $$ last week (by my standards) at spring training and I am not a big spender by any means.

Tickets with batting practice access for two games for two people $92
                      Food and drinks, programs etc in the park (I didn't even buy beer) $100 or so
                      Fitted ball cap for Jack $35
                      One night hotel room $145

Not to mention the food and drinks outside the stadium, gas etc.

Overall I dropped about $700 on my trip. It would have been a lot more, but I stayed with a friend the first night and then drove down to South FL to stay with Jack's grandmother for a couple of days.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's crazy, I know.

I had one beer and she had an Icee. No other beverages all game. Parking off site was $15. The rest was overpriced, awful food and souvenirs. She was already wearing a free Ducks promo hat from last year but brand new to her (first time worn by anyone).

I didn't mention earlier that we got the call for the free tix (at will call) 15 minutes b4 game time (she already ate dinner)and rush hour was everywhere. We didn't get to our seats until about 2 mins left in the 1st, score already 1-0. So I guess I limited the damage to $100 bones in a way.
                        Last edited by Panoptes; April 4, 2013, 09:16 AM.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          You'll have to find someone else to take you to an LA hockey game. But if you make it into Orange County, I can make it happen.
                          This choice of words makes me nervous Panoptes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            When they price people out of attending all the games they have to make sure they maximize the amount of cash they remove from you when you do go. I'm guessing the people who go often don't hit the merch stands too much. The folks that do it once every year or two are far more likely to get something to make it special.
                            When I go to the movies I sneak snacks in my purse. I snuck a can of coke in there the last time I went. They only had Pepsi products and not even Dr Pepper, so I brought myself a can of Coke. I don't like Pepsi.

I would buy the kiddie pack if they had coke. It has more than enough popcorn and it comes with a drink and candy. Plus you can refill the popcorn and the drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              I dropped a pretty sizable chunk of $$ last week (by my standards) at spring training and I am not a big spender by any means.

Tickets with batting practice access for two games for two people $92
                              Food and drinks, programs etc in the park (I didn't even buy beer) $100 or so
                              Fitted ball cap for Jack $35
                              One night hotel room $145

Not to mention the food and drinks outside the stadium, gas etc.

Overall I dropped about $700 on my trip. It would have been a lot more, but I stayed with a friend the first night and then drove down to South FL to stay with Jack's grandmother for a couple of days.
                              It does get very expensive with kids. I went to a Lions game with my sister and her kids once, the tickets were in separate sections so I sat with my niece. She wanted everything. Pretzel, ice-cream, drink, food, and a stuffed animal with a Lions #3 jersey which was at the time Joey. I tried to talk her out of it, but I figured eventually someone else would wear that jersey. Anyways, I can't remember how much I spent, but it was alot. Probably over $100 and that was just her stuff. I didn't even get myself anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                                It does get very expensive with kids. I went to a Lions game with my sister and her kids once, the tickets were in separate sections so I sat with my niece. She wanted everything. Pretzel, ice-cream, drink, food, and a stuffed animal with a Lions #3 jersey which was at the time Joey. I tried to talk her out of it, but I figured eventually someone else would wear that jersey. Anyways, I can't remember how much I spent, but it was alot. Probably over $100 and that was just her stuff. I didn't even get myself anything.
                                Back during Joeys day that Jersey would have been ~$60(still have mine somewhere). Now it would be a $100. You got off easy.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X