Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
    Yes, you have to be high as a GD kite to like your jokes. Sorry, not my cup of tea, friend.

Or, did you mean high schoolish? Sorry, again, those days are long past for me, pal.

I don't think most know they are actual "funny" haha jokes. I guess they could be considered "funny" weird jokes.

In any event, since you're begging for recognition, congratufuckalations on your comedy routine! It's robust!
    Now that's funny
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Or best case scenario is to pay Green as a FA and replace Monroe with best PF available.
      Isn't Green a PF? Or are we gonna sign him and force him into J Smith's out=of-place role?

I would like to see them sign Green and draft the best SF that can #1. Shoot to the 3pt line and defend from the 2-4. That sounds like that Arizona kid, from everything I have read.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Isn't Green a PF? Or are we gonna sign him and force him into J Smith's out=of-place role?

I would like to see them sign Green and draft the best SF that can #1. Shoot to the 3pt line and defend from the 2-4. That sounds like that Arizona kid, from everything I have read.
        Stanley Johnson.
        I like him too. He is very good defensively, can make jumpers... Born in 1996, which sounds very young to me now. I'm starting to get to the point where players entering the NBA make me feel old.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Would love for the Pistons to sign Green and play him at PF, but GS has made it clear that they will match any offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Wow I just heard that the Clippers blew their huge lead vs Houston. Of course I couldn't finish watching the game because of the ridiculous game time for a weekday game.
            LA was up 19 late the in 3rd when I last saw.... Josh Smith carried the Rockets while Harden was on the bench. That's why my MVP vote would have went to Curry like I said previously.
            They blew a huge load?

Ohhhhh... SOrry about that. Read it wrong. I thought Sterling had slipped back into ownership again and gave them more then food... and clothes... and cars...:shock:

Comment

Stanley Johnson.
              I like him too. He is very good defensively, can make jumpers... Born in 1996, which sounds very young to me now. I'm starting to get to the point where players entering the NBA make me feel old.
              And the journey to old fartism begins my friend. In no time you'll be chasing youngsters off your lawn.

Comment

• Stanley Johnson has very high defensive upside, but offensively he is light years away. Big body but not athletic or skilled enough to be an impact scorer/creator. Safe pick because he's a very good glue guy that should be able to guard either forward position in most cases.

I prefer Hezonja because he has upside Stanley Johnson will never sniff, but he's also got bigger red flags. I'm fine if they pass on Hezonja for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  Stanley Johnson has very high defensive upside, but offensively he is light years away. Big body but not athletic or skilled enough to be an impact scorer/creator. Safe pick because he's a very good glue guy that should be able to guard either forward position in most cases.

I prefer Hezonja because he has upside Stanley Johnson will never sniff, but he's also got bigger red flags. I'm fine if they pass on Hezonja for him.
                  One of the few Arizona games I saw last season was vs Utah. I remember Stanley Johnson going 3-19 from the field.
                  That makes me question... why would Arizona allow Johnson to take 37.3 of their team's total shots on a huge game @ Utah. Either Johnson was a ball hog or Arizona thought he was the best offensive threat. The ball just wasn't going in that game.
                  Johnson had a .371 3-point FG% ... which sounds ok? Idk, I wish I was able to watch more PAC12 and Arizona games last season.

The biggest thing I got from the minimal time I had to watch Johnson was how gifted defensively he is/ will be in the NBA.
                  I'd compare Stanley Johnson to MKG. Exact same size, both play with hustle, great defensively in college. MKG was perhaps more athletic coming out of Kentucky, but Johnson was a much better 3-point shooter. I haven't heard that comparison yet, so I thought I would through that out there. A lot of people are comparing Johnson to Artest or Kawhi Leonard.
                  Leonard? I remember him as being "the boring/ safe player" coming out of that draft that could do everything well, but nothing great. A couple of mock drafts had Leonard to the Pistons if I remember right...
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'd compare Justice Winslow to Kawhi Leonard. Stanley Johnson compares favorably to Artest.

Problem with Johnson is he isn't the best fit for the Pistons. They need shooting more than anything else to space the floor for jackson and drummond, and shooting is the worst part of his game.
                    Last edited by Kstat; May 20, 2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Stanley Johnson.
                      Haha.

No kidding, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                        Stanley Johnson has very high defensive upside, but offensively he is light years away. Big body but not athletic or skilled enough to be an impact scorer/creator. Safe pick because he's a very good glue guy that should be able to guard either forward position in most cases.

Is Stanley Johnson basically Bismack Biyombo?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                          Is Stanley Johnson basically Bismack Biyombo?
                          Lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I know we can't be scared to draft a euro because of Darko but they scare the shit out of me.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              I know we can't be scared to draft a euro because of Darko but they scare the shit out of me.
                              I had that thought too... so that made me want to look at foreign drafted players in the top 15 since Darko was drafted... a lot of not good... recently, there has been a trend for better foreign players though.

2014 -
                              #5 - Dante Exum, struggled as a rookie
                              #12 - Dario Saric, hasn't played

2013 -
                              #15 - Giannis Antetokounmpo. Has been a huge hit... will be a great player.

2012 -
                              None

2011 -
                              #3 - Enes Kanter. Yes, he was at Kentucky for a year, but never played college. I'd consider him a "foreign player" because he moved to the US in 2009. Has been good.
                              #5 - Jonas Valančiūnas. Gradually has gotten better each year. Solid starter.
                              #6 - Jan Vesel?. Complete Bust.
                              #7 - Bismack Biyombo. IMO, a bust. Can't get much playing time for a bad Charlotte team. Won't really have an offensive game ever. Potential was the key thing for him when he came out. Good on defense, but hasn't lived up to that potential.

2010 -
                              None

2009 -
                              #5 - Ricky Rubio. Has been ok. T-Wolves would have been better to draft Steph Curry than the three PGs they drafted in the 1st round that year.

2008 -
                              #6 - Danilo Gallinari. Good player, needs to stay healthy.

2007 -
                              #6 - Yi Jianlian, bust.

2006 -
                              #10 - Mouhamed Sene, bust.
                              #13 - Thabo Sefolosha, has been ok?

2005 -
                              #1 - Andrew Bogut. Good player, but not #1 overall worthy.
                              #9 - Ike Diogu. Bust
                              #11 - Fran V?zquez. Bust
                              #12 - Yaroslav Korolev. Bust

2004 -
                              #8 - Rafael Ara?jo. Bust

2003 -
                              #2 - Darko Miličić. Bust
                              #11 - Micka?l Pi?trus. Ok?
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bargnani? As a number 1 pick in the draft hes a bust but is mediocre role player.

Comment

Working...
                                X