No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! I'm savings this for if/when the problem comes back. I appreciate the help!
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Just as long as you don't lose the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps.

[ame]http://youtu.be/B9K4N328OI8[/ame]
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
          deb - laptop brand and model?
          It's a Dell Latitude E6430

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
          Is the docking station on a wired LAN connection? It would seem that while docked, the laptop would choose to use the wired connection over the wi-fi, and your problems could be in the wired connection...just a guess.
          No, the docking station doesn't have a wired connection (neither at work nor at home).
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hey, knowledgeable computer dudes.

What free antivirus do you all suggest. My wife has used Norton for years but it expired and we want to go with something free. (because I'm cheap like that)
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Microsoft Security Essentials - it was free when I picked it up.

Comment

• I supplement with Malwarebytes, free version.

Comment

• I've been using avast for years. Never had a problem.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I use Avast as well along with the free Malwarebytes.

"My wife has used Norton for years but it expired and we want to go with something free. (because I'm cheap like that)"
                    ----------------------------------HuH. Me too. LOL.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Hey, knowledgeable computer dudes.

What free antivirus do you all suggest. My wife has used Norton for years but it expired and we want to go with something free. (because I'm cheap like that)
                      CG, who is your internet provider? Many of the decent providers have a deal with the major antivirus companies for their subscribers. Comcast gives me Norton free. Worth investigating, anyway.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall kept properly patched with routine malwarebytes scans thrown in has kept my new Asus PC clean as a whistle.

Note : Microsoft Windows 8.1
                        Last edited by Panoptes; November 6, 2014, 12:52 AM.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                          Microsoft Security Essentials - it was free when I picked it up.
                          for some reason this post made me think, ... five finger discount...
                          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                            for some reason this post made me think, ... five finger discount...
                            Ha! It does sound that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              CG, who is your internet provider? Many of the decent providers have a deal with the major antivirus companies for their subscribers. Comcast gives me Norton free. Worth investigating, anyway.
                              It's Mediacom, Deb. Not sure what they have. I'll check into it.

We have had Norton for so long without any problems that I hate to change, but with our oldest going off to school next year, I am looking to save a few bucks.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Re: OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                                I've been using avast for years. Never had a problem.
                                Avast is telling me it won't be free after my year is up.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X