Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next stop, KC?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Gosh Mike Thomas was such a waste of money and draft material. Hardly even had him here, and even that amount of time was too long. We really blew it on that one, and so many trades out there that we could have done which would have given us a leg up this year and we missed out on everything.

Comment

• Re: Tracking former Lions

Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert View Post
        Gosh Mike Thomas was such a waste of money and draft material. Hardly even had him here, and even that amount of time was too long. We really blew it on that one, and so many trades out there that we could have done which would have given us a leg up this year and we missed out on everything.
        Please do tell what trades out there were there for the taking.
        Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
          Please do tell what trades out there were there for the taking.
          Well you can get that from any trade tracker to see what players actually were traded, but in terms of specifics, basically I wanted to trade the vast majority of players on this team for whatever we can get, whether other players or future draft material. Every season we have wasted 53 players to produce no playoff wins and instead of getting salvage value for that player usage by dumping guys, we instead banked on them and got nothing in return. My way would have stockpiled material each and every year by removing all the negative or inefficient players on the team for something that is worth more than nothing let along the negatives.

We could have traded 20 guys from any team in any previous year, and if not, then why did we have 20 guys on the team that are so worthless that they can't be traded away? Any way you slice it, we missed the boat on a huge number of trades that would have made us much better and put us in a much better situation for not just this year but ALL future years as well.

That opportunity has been wasted! And we make the same mistake in that regard each and every season!! It's INSANITY!

Comment

• And people are going to trade good players to you for your worthless ones why?

Do you have extraordinary skills at slight of hand?
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              And people are going to trade good players to you for your worthless ones why?
              Because they are guys they covet as well. Every team holds players on their roster that I don't approve of, so if they have spots for those guys then that's more talent left for me. But in any of our previous seasons I was willing to bet that our 10th through 53rd best players on the team are EASILY tradeable to at least 1 other team that can use those players to improve some spot on their team. It's just basic logic.

I know for sure I could have traded away every guy I wanted to trade away, and if the offer was zero, then they would have been cut for better options. Negotiate all of the guys I want off the team with EVERY one of the other teams, get what I can get, but most importantly I'm only going to get guys that I approve of, which would be vastly better than Mayhew's groups of guys that he wanted.

And I would saved countless millions of dollars and scooped up countless future draft picks to have an even better group than Mayhew picked! That's a triple bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Next stop, KC?
                LOFL

KC has a ST ace coach now. He was D HESTERS savior in CHI. Now hes in KC and they have returned 3 ST kicks for TDs already with another couple long returns that came up short. KC aint looking at no has been to join the party.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Now when Rugland kicks winning field goal after winning field goal to beat the Lions for the next 10 years, it'll give us all one more thing to complain about! :D

Green Bay Packers work out former Detroit Lions kicker Havard Rugland

Havard Rugland had his first workout with an NFL team since being released by the Detroit Lions.

On Friday, the Norwegian kicker tweeted, "Had a great workout with Green Bay this morning. Thankful for the opportunity."

The Packers remain unsettled at the position. Mason Crosby, who has served as the team's kicker for the past six years, is coming off his worst professional season. He converted on just 63.6 percent of his field goal attempts in 2012, missing seven of nine from 50 yards and beyond.

Crosby agreed to significant pay cut this week, reducing his base salary from $2.4 million to $800,000. He has a chance to make up the difference by sticking on Green Bay's roster through Week 10 and making 85 percent of his field goals.

Rugland, the YouTube sensation, became a national story when he signed a three-year deal with the Lions in April. He was released by the organization on Tuesday and passed through waivers unclaimed.

Despite having never worn a football helmet or pads before signing with Detroit, Rugland impressed with his leg strength and accuracy. He converted all three of his preseason attempts, including one from 50 yards.

In the end, he was unable to beat out veteran David Akers for the Lions' job.
                  Rugland's tryout with the Packers came three days after he was released by the Lions. Green Bay's kicker Mason Crosby is coming off his worst professional season.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Re: Tracking former Lions

Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert View Post
                    Well you can get that from any trade tracker to see what players actually were traded, but in terms of specifics, basically I wanted to trade the vast majority of players on this team for whatever we can get, whether other players or future draft material. Every season we have wasted 53 players to produce no playoff wins and instead of getting salvage value for that player usage by dumping guys, we instead banked on them and got nothing in return. My way would have stockpiled material each and every year by removing all the negative or inefficient players on the team for something that is worth more than nothing let along the negatives.

We could have traded 20 guys from any team in any previous year, and if not, then why did we have 20 guys on the team that are so worthless that they can't be traded away? Any way you slice it, we missed the boat on a huge number of trades that would have made us much better and put us in a much better situation for not just this year but ALL future years as well.

That opportunity has been wasted! And we make the same mistake in that regard each and every season!! It's INSANITY!
                    There goes any creditable discussions you may have had in the future. Also, amazing your pal isn't signed on during your posts.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
                    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                      Now when Rugland kicks winning field goal after winning field goal to beat the Lions for the next 10 years, it'll give us all one more thing to complain about! :D
                      Well if somebody has to beat us I'd rather it be Havard Rugland than Mason Crosby. Good for him if he gets a shot with any team. I'm rooting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                        There goes any creditable discussions you may have had in the future. Also, amazing your pal isn't signed on during your posts.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
                        Ok well allow me to attempt this one more way, consider this my 4th down play, worth a shot, so here it goes. If I have a list of guys on any of the previous Lions teams that I would have wanted to trade, well the fact that they exist on the Lions roster is validation that they are worth NFL roster spots, because Mayhew and company are NFL decision makers, and if they are willing to draft and trade for and sign as FAs those players, then I have confirmation that at least one NFL team finds those particular players as more valuable than I do.

The whole concept about building leverage through trades resides with the fact that those 20 guys from every Lions team that I thought didn't deserve to be here were guys the Lions thought otherwise. So if I was the GM of another team, I have an advantage because the Lions' decision makers place a value of greater than "x" on the players that I value as "x". Anybody on the roster I'm not interested in I can therefore likely find one of the other 31 decision makers that are similar to Mayhew and receive a perceived benefit in exchange. Naturally those action partners will think they are getting the better end of the deal, and that's ok because my philosophy is designed differently than what they are doing and I don't care if the trade is in their best interest so long as it functions as a qualified step to executing my plan to create the leverage that is available for the taking. And any player that isn't worth trading for to any team you really have to ask yourself why are you holding onto that player then, and why not shed the salary if he's not even worth a 7th rounder to any other team?

Comment

• Kickalicious trying out with Green Bay...sigh
                          AXE 'EM!

Comment

• DOUG HOGUE, LB waived by CAR

Comment

• MAN RAM, C started tonights record tying game for DEN and P MANNING.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                MAN RAM, C started tonights record tying game for DEN and P MANNING.
                                He's one of the strongest players in the league, and I think it's a neat strategy for DEN to plug him in the Center spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X