No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then wtf does what calvin did have to do with what Barry did? JFC, you went down this road.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• For that matter wtf does what Emitt did have to do with what Barry did? swap teams and there would be little comparison. Emitt would look much more pedestrian.

You should just start numbering the rationalizations for your erroneous takes to save time.

Barry sucks because #3.

Stafford sucks because #5.

Etc.
      Last edited by dpatnod; August 13, 2017, 02:28 PM.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I have no idea why you guys even waste your time arguing with a troll. The dude isn't a Lions fan.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          Then wtf does what calvin did have to do with what Barry did? JFC, you went down this road.
          Dude, keep up. It was in direct response to comment Gonzalez made. I asked valid question, care to answer it?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            For that matter wtf does what Emitt did have to do with what Barry did? swap teams and there would be little comparison. Emitt would look much more pedestrian.

You should just start numbering the rationalizations for your erroneous takes to save time.

Barry sucks because #3.

Stafford sucks because #5.

Etc.
            It doesn't, that point only goes to the debate on who was a more effective running back running, but as far as Barry's individual performance goes. Doesn't factor at all. That would be why I didn't mention Emmitt in this particular discussion, but you're stupid and did.
            Last edited by dwt1; August 13, 2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
              Never been to Monte Carlo
              I was talkin about Al Gore.

......and his penchant to get you to send him money to study Global Warming.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                I was talkin about Al Gore.

......and his penchant to get you to send him money to study Global Warming.
                Okay, but.....still haven't been to Monte Carlo. Oh, and I'm all for Global Warming - can't get enough of it.

Comment

• HOUSTON — Patriots linebacker Kyle Van Noy, who has shown marked improvement with his pass coverage this offseason, was discussing the intricacies of his strides this week when he revealed th…

LB Kyle Van Noy feels confident when the Patriots ask him to drop into pass coverage.

Van Noy’s tenure with the Lions, who selected him in 2014 with a second-round draft pick, was largely forgettable, and he wasn’t shy last season about their inability to use him correctly. After Lions coach Jim Caldwell gave up on Van Noy, he traded the linebacker and a seventh-round pick to the Patriots for a sixth-rounder.
                  Last edited by Futureshock; August 18, 2017, 09:43 AM.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p..._pass_coverage

LB Kyle Van Noy feels confident when the Patriots ask him to drop into pass coverage.
                    Bears repeating, FIRE CALDWELL!
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Bears repeating, FIRE CALDWELL!
                      Shouldn't Austin get the blame for Van Noy?

Austin has been good overall at getting decent production out of marginal players. So this Van Noy situation is puzzling to me. Nothing really adds up ... why did the Lions draft him if he didn't fit the scheme? How could he not stick with a team that probably has the worst group of LBer in the league? How is it that he then went on to contribute to a strong defense and a SB team?

Not sure the Van Noy situation alone is a fire-able offense, but it sure is a big red flag.

Comment

• Specifically, the Lions D is different from the Pats D. Duh Future. What I mean is the Pats ask a guy to do what he does best/better and the Lions ask their players to do multiple things.

Reading the article, and btwn the lines, he made a point to work on coverages this offseason. That's something the Lions ask their LBs to do. The Pats found a way to minimize putting him in coverage by sending him on blitzes a lot.

Now, with all that being said, I still have my concerns on whether they are developing talent.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          Lol. Lions were in the running alright.
                          Lions coming across the finish line last year was like watching a sprinter with a 20m lead with 30m to go and he loses by 10m.
                          Just saying they got themselves into position and only really looked terrible in the Seattle game in the preseason. That's very far from where Buffalo sits.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Specifically, the Lions D is different from the Pats D. Duh Future. What I mean is the Pats ask a guy to do what he does best/better and the Lions ask their players to do multiple things.

Reading the article, and btwn the lines, he made a point to work on coverages this offseason. That's something the Lions ask their LBs to do. The Pats found a way to minimize putting him in coverage by sending him on blitzes a lot.

Now, with all that being said, I still have my concerns on whether they are developing talent.
                            That is what I have been trying to say for a while. What Van Noy was good at was just not a priority on our D. We weren't in position to blitz and he contributed in coverage the problems that made every teams short game so good they would stop running. The one real strength he had. Even though he was probably good enough to be a starter he wasn't any good in the areas that the team needed from the position.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Specifically, the Lions D is different from the Pats D. Duh Future.
                              You talking to yourself?
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                                Shouldn't Austin get the blame for Van Noy?

Austin has been good overall at getting decent production out of marginal players. So this Van Noy situation is puzzling to me. Nothing really adds up ... why did the Lions draft him if he didn't fit the scheme? How could he not stick with a team that probably has the worst group of LBer in the league? How is it that he then went on to contribute to a strong defense and a SB team?

Not sure the Van Noy situation alone is a fire-able offense, but it sure is a big red flag.
                                I think Mayhew drafted him because he was Ziggy's buddy.
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X