No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...FBI Director Comey has asked the DOJ to publicly refute Trump's claims that Obama ordered he be wiretapped

The F.B.I. director wants the Justice Department to refute Mr. Trump’s contention that Barack Obama ordered the tapping of his phones, a claim that Mr. Comey says is false, officials said.

Comment

• My recollection is that Trump said that "Trump Tower" was tapped. I could be wrong.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837989835818287106[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837996746236182529[/ame]

Comment

• And Trump was so distraught by uncovering the greatest political scandal in American history that he tweeted this an hour later

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838016045222854656[/ame]

Comment

• All of Trump's events today will be closed press. And Spicer's briefing will be off-camera only.

Comment

• Is HealthCare Fixable? Paul Keckley's point of view (more of a where we stand than a how...)
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/838757093012303872[/ame]

Comment

• And Trump pretends that he is...
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Thanks for the health care link, E. Author does a good job of laying out the problems. Solutions are elusive and stakeholders tend to be myopic and self interested in trying to find them.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff... He has a weekly email blog that I receive. He worked quite a bit with the Obama administration as well as the Bush administration. I don't always agree, and his focus is more on where we are than what we should do, but he has a voice in DC. So, it's good to read his thoughts.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Health care isn't fixable as long as we labor under certain assumptions, like that your employer needs to pay for it and that insurance companies should cover pre-existing conditions. I don't see either of those assumptions getting challenged for the rest of our lives. I tend to like how the Republicans arrange the Titanic deck chairs better than how the Democrats do it though.

Comment

• Am I correctly surmising that all of this wiretapping business is a perfectly legal consqequence of the Patriot Act? If so, then it's just more evidence that the outspoken skeptics of that act were right (I'm not saying this as an "I told you so" because I was not necessarily one of them).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Am I correctly surmising that all of this wiretapping business is a perfectly legal consqequence of the Patriot Act? If so, then it's just more evidence that the outspoken skeptics of that act were right (I'm not saying this as an "I told you so" because I was not necessarily one of them).
                            No, this is actually different than that discussion. The FISA law was established in 1978. The Bush administration argued that the Patriot Act allowed them to skip the FISA court. Warrantless wire taps is what they wanted. From any of the reports, there was an attempt to get a warrant from the FISA court. There has been no actual report that intimates that Obama ordered any wire taps.

Comment

• Makes sense then.

It sounds like there is little functional difference between warrant and no warrant given the approval rate that is being thrown around (99.9%?).

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              There has been no actual report that intimates that Obama ordered any wire taps.
                              And I would be shocked if anything like that ever appeared.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; March 6, 2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• back to the golf thing

Obama played 333 rounds during his 8 years

trump is on pace for 480

Woodrow Wilson played 800 Eisenhower 500

I work full time play 1-2 rounds a week 75 a year 600 in the next 8 years

75 rounds a year isn't really that much

course i'm on my 4th wife

Comment

Working...
                                X