No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does Hillary's plan grandfather existing multi national companies and only punish corps going forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• A Pennsylvania judge was sentenced to 28 years in prison in connection to a bribery scandal that roiled the state's juvenile justice system. Former Luzerne County Judge Mark Ciavarella Jr. was convicted of taking $1 million in bribes from developers of juvenile detention centers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        It has to do with equity (which I call being fair, and you know what I think of that word). The underlying assumption in Dodd-Frank is that people who were hurt during the housing bust were not responsible for their predicament. D-F bans balloon clauses, teaser rates, and seller financing of residential properties (unless one becomes a "mortgage originator" with all the bureaucracy that entails). So D-F sets so many rules that banker discretion really cannot happen. The rule my friend ran into was that the mortgage has to be free of other security in order to sell it to the government. All this would be moot if the banks had to keep the mortgages that they generate.

Example: When I did a development, I used to sell the bare lot to a builder and take back a mortgage. He would then go to a bank and seek a loan, and the bank would request me to subordinate his debt to me to his debt to the bank. He used my lot as the down payment. Small builders find this attractive.

I cannot see why I am not allowed to do a deal that I have done all my life with a two or three-man building company. This is not charity. Basically, I get a premium for the lot by allowing the builder to use the lot as his down payment. Fair deal. And it works.

But now I have to sell for cash. This doesn't negatively affect Pulte because they have a ton of cash, but it sure does hurt the mom-and-pop builders. I'd rather have four small builders working within a project than one big one. Less risk. I just don't feel it is the government's business to tell me how to market my projects.
        Seems to me the bank wasn't prevented from doing anything. The gov't simply decided it didn't want to buy that type of debt. Am I missing something?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Hannity throwing the "hail mary" tonight. He has 3 doctors on explaining Hillarys brain damage. Public convulsions, uncontrollable twitching, vertigo, brain lapses, ect... They keep showing 2 loops of her tripping (getting on a plane in 2011) and what I would say is a surprise reaction to a reporter that they "determinate" as the uncontrollable twitching.

Comment

• And no better as the left effulgently celebrating now on the sidelines as the 4th quarter starts up by 3 tds. Playing Trump quote repetitively today that "if its doesn't work out, I get a nice long vacation".
            Comedy at its best/

Comment

• Well let's make it happen sooner rather than later. Find an exit strategy and let's move on to real issues, rather than allowing the guy to further debase the process.
              That's brilliant Hack, let's just move the good ol' USA back to the USSR.

Perhaps you could play Leonid Brezhnev.
              Last edited by Prime2; August 12, 2016, 05:18 AM.
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                http://www.africanamerica.org/topic/...eens-to-prison

A Pennsylvania judge was sentenced to 28 years in prison in connection to a bribery scandal that roiled the state's juvenile justice system. Former Luzerne County Judge Mark Ciavarella Jr. was convicted of taking $1 million in bribes from developers of juvenile detention centers.

Very glad to hear this. I remember seeing this on the news a few years back. I hope he dies in prison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Very glad to hear this. I remember seeing this on the news a few years back. I hope he dies in prison.

certainly a big concern with the for profit prison systems. While I think the gov't owned systems are wasteful, there is certainly risk as outlined in this case with for profits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    He should be grabbed by his lapels and roughly tossed from the roof of his own courthouse. That is absolutely heinous.

We need to get the profit out of the criminal justice system.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      certainly a big concern with the for profit prison systems. While I think the gov't owned systems are wasteful, there is certainly risk as outlined in this case with for profits.
                      I'd much rather suffer the waste than this type of crap. There are long-term costs to this as well, just not as as readily-measured as budgets.

Comment

• Oracle said:
                        You mean actual policy talk rather than what Trump is doing this second? Hmmm.
                        Yup. But you would never know it from the almost total lack of coverage in the controlled media. That is why I have taken to listening to the speeches directly rather than relying on media coverage. Today, big media is all a-dither over Trump saying Obama created ISIS.

In other news, Bernie purchased a $ 600,000 beach house in the last week (his third residence in total). Some pigs are more equal than others.

Comment

• Yet his tax returns would suggest he could not afford three houses let alone one of that value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So does Hillary's plan grandfather existing multi national companies and only punish corps going forward?
                            She didn't say. What I took away was that the concept of returning tax benefits. I understand an exit tax. Negligible imapct. But recouping tax benefits could socialize the economy rapidly. If anyone finds a progressive think tank that has proposed this, I'd like to read about it. I can see where this would appeal to the folks who do not pay taxes.

Comment

• Seems to me the bank wasn't prevented from doing anything. The gov't simply decided it didn't want to buy that type of debt. Am I missing something?
                              Yes. Your presumption is that it is the function of government to purchase one side of a "private" contract". I suspect you might have a different view if a wage and price control were passed allowing lawyers to charge no more than $ 150.00/hour. Or, better yet, charging them to use the courts that are supplied to them free of charge by the public.

Try to focus on the two brothers and their 4 employees that are not able to finance their own project without a 20% down payment. In the 2009-2011 period, this is the kind of business that folded. The employees could go on unemployment, but the principals were SOL.
                              Last edited by Da Geezer; August 12, 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                She didn't say. What I took away was that the concept of returning tax benefits. I understand an exit tax. Negligible imapct. But recouping tax benefits could socialize the economy rapidly. If anyone finds a progressive think tank that has proposed this, I'd like to read about it. I can see where this would appeal to the folks who do not pay taxes.

I ask because if the plan is a go forward, I'd be interested in seeing how many of her donors currently have divisions outside the US and are they really just creating a competitive advantage for established corps vs new companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X