Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't seem like it.

Comment

• It isn't a surprise given their actions post Shelby.

Comment

• Democracy in the end requires a certain amount of restraint when holding the levers of power. Some noblesse oblige. There's a striking comparison available for the US and UK with immature democracies, where people are still coming to grips with the concept, tribalized, and not entirely committed to a center that must hold. We know Australia and Canada have democracies that can handle diversity and not succumb to greed, but they aren't big players. UK, US, France and Germany. The latter two have big tests next year. We're gonna see where a line can be drawn and sinking further below it will become very difficult. I know that some of those US companies thinking about potential repatriation of overseas income are watching closely, as these are big, long-term decisions.
        Last edited by hack; December 16, 2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Comey of the FBI and James Clapper of the NSA are now backing and agreeing with the CIA assessment that Russia intervened to help Trump

Comment

• Somebody tell Comey that the horse already left the barn. His letter was just as damaging, I'd like to know if there was actual emails on Huma Abedin's computer.

I wonder if the next 4 years will be a steady stream of bombshell news dumps on Friday.

Comment

• I never knew this would be that controversial, I got to rethink everything.
              Don't do it froot! That'll be 30 seconds you can never get back.

Comment

• Talent:
                Unfortunately, I'm still flummoxed by DPJ pissing on UFM.
                Predictive abilities being what gives credibility, I need to talk to you about young Mr. Wilson....

Comment

• Around DC

A California Rep. says it was good that Hilary Clinton's emails were hacked (even if the Russians were behind it)

Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher said Thursday that it was “terrific” that voters got more truthful information about Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, regardless of whether the hackers were Russian.

Trump's pick for Israel Ambassador believes settlement construction in Palestinian areas should not be illegal. That the US should move its Embassy to Jerusalem (currently in Tel Aviv)

A South Carolina Rep. Mick Mulvaney, a hardliner (is there any other kind of Rep. from SC?) and a founder of the Freedom Caucus, is Trump's pick to OMB Director.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• A California Rep. says it was good that Hilary Clinton's emails were hacked (even if the Russians were behind it)
                    That seems to be the predominant feeling of the Trumpsters.

I hear a lot of "What does it matter who hacked it, if the emails were true"

i find it hard to believe that no matter what side you are on, you are OK with a foreign government influencing our elections.

I also think it the shoe was on the other foot, they would be singing a different tune. And if they think that the Republicans don't have just as many skeletons in their closets, the are high.
                    Last edited by CGVT; December 17, 2016, 09:33 PM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Consider the crowd. Makes all the sense in the world.

Comment

• Sec of State nominee Rex Tillerson is the CEO of a Russian-US oil firm based in the Bahamas (a tax haven) new leaked docs show

Comment

• i bet there are quite a few examples of this. is legal tax avoidance, not illegal tax evasion. hopefully the poor optics help his opponents though. the overlap between legal and broadly distasteful is significant.

Comment

• Heard about this report over the weekend. The amount of painkillers pouring into West Virginia is insane. A town of just 400 people bought 9 M pain pills in only two years.

Comment

• DSL.. where did you get that stat of 400 people bought 9M pain pills?
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Russia's ambassador to Turkey has been shot in Ankara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X