Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to The Big House for the first time since I was a kid on Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't mind a little walking, you can probably find free street-parking (up until about 2 hours before kickoff) in the neighborhood behind the Dairy Queen on Packard. It's a less scenic walk than parking near campus but maybe a little bit closer (still about a mile away from the stadium) and free. Plus, there's a liquor store (Packard/Stadium) and Lucky's Market (Stadium/Industrial) on the way, in case you want to do some mobile tailgating.

Comment

We normally park around there as well, JD. There's a school (free parking, not sure if legal, though; heh) on the north side of Stadium Blvd, west of Packard I believe. About a mile away, like you mentioned.
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Damn, great stuff, fellas. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.

Yeah I think I'll pass on the shuttle now.
        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Have a great time, Niff
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Prepare to stand sideways during the game.. The numbers are too close together.

Golf course is fun. Actually, most of AA (heh) is fun. The recent expansion (not the one where they added seats but no additional bleachers) makes the stadium a little louder, so that might be a nice surprise to you.

enjoy
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
              Have a great time, Niff
              Thanks, bud. I've been in Dallas for the majority of my life and have been a die hard from afar -- for two plus decades now. Friend of mine as well. We grew up together and have been talking about making a Big House trip together since like...freaking 1998 or something like that.

And now instead of talking about it we're finally doing it. Booked everything like 3 and a half months ago. We had high hopes for Michigan of course but little did we know that this was going to turn out to be a top ten national match up. And for this friend of mine it's his first ever trip to Ann Arbor.

Oh and we're dragging another friend from Portland with us (he's flying in to meet us). He's not a UM fan -- he's actually from out of country but just wants to experience the spectacle of 115 thousand people watching a football game.

Can't wait, man. Fly out Friday morning bright & early.

Comment

Last time I saw UM football in person was when they came to Dallas and got rolled by Alabama. Also saw the basketball team lose to SMU last season (I live basically on SMU's campus here in Dallas), witnessed the Trey Burke game tying 3 in OT that sent them to the elite 8 against Kansas, and subsequently was there to see them stomp Florida.

But man, nothing compares to this upcoming Big House trip. I honestly feel like a little kid right now I'm so giddy.
                Last edited by Niffla; September 27, 2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

You should. Nothing better than road trips to see Michigan play live. Jealous.

Comment

I have talked with OP a few times. I think and hope he will come back, but if he does - it will not be for a while.

Comment

Was lucky enough to get to every home game in the '97 NC season (ex-girlfriend's fam had season tix). Have only been to 1 (sometimes 2) a year since.

NOTHING better than a Saturday afternoon in the Big House in the fall. That game-day giddiness is present within many of us, I'm sure, no matter how often we make it to Ann Arbor.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        I have talked with OP a few times. I think and hope he will come back, but if he does - it will not be for a while.
                        WingsFAN .....sent you a PM. There's been some problems sending and receiving these. Let me know that you got it.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Damn -- you were at that Kansas game?

Have a great time, dude. It's gonna be awesome.

Comment

Got it Jeff, sent you a reply

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                              Was lucky enough to get to every home game in the '97 NC season
                              Damn Paul are you serious, wow that's bad ass. I still remember that season pretty well. I'll never forget that Iowa game where we were behind and had to rally back to save the national title aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Damn -- you were at that Kansas game?

Have a great time, dude. It's gonna be awesome.
                                Yep, I got lucky because their path to the Final Four came right through Dallas (well Arlington technically).

And thanks hack!

Comment

Working...
                                X