No announcement yet.

Non-Football Related Stuff That Makes you Laugh Your Ass off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and in the outrage department, some are saying the Air New Zealand safety video is out of bounds

[ame]http://youtu.be/SQDip9V49U0[/ame]
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hmmmmm.

I would say it is out of this world!

Makes me want to buy a ticket right now.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "Black people meet doesn't bother me anymore than Christian mingle does. Or the dating services for people over 50. All black schools don't bother me, nor do girls schools, or boys schools, or catholic schools. And I think the War on Christmas is a myth."
        -------------------------------Nor I. Would an all white school be allowed? I'm not saying it should be. I'm familiar with the past. My whole contention is if you're going to say you can't have an all this then you can't have an all that. It goes across the board. It's not OK for one but not the other. Discrimination is discrimination. Eliminate it all.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• There are all white schools all over the place. And if an all black school will accept a student that might not have the opportunity it get an education anywhere else, I am 100% on board with that. Because I believe very strongly that an education is the path to a fully integrated and balanced society.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• "That is where he came upon my mom. Anyhow, one day he is having lunch at a diner. It doesn't sink in at first. But halfway through his meal, he notices he is getting a lot of weird looks. Well eventually, it became clear, he was in the black restaraunt."
            -----------------------Back in the late 80's my younger brother came to visit me in A2. We went out and stopped at a few different bars. One such bar we had oredered drinks and were about halfway through when my brother says is this a gay bar. I said I don't think so. Looking around confirmed he was correct. LOL.

"Maybe he did mistake two black guys for each other."
            ------------------------------I don't think there's any maybe about it. It was a genuine mistake. Why would he purposely do that in that situation? It was a mistake and as such is no where near racism anymore than if a black guy mistook two white men.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• "There are all white schools all over the place."
              --------------------Are they labeled as such or is that simply geography. I'm not aware of schools that come out and say this is an all white school. Maybe I'm behind the times.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Re: Non-Football Related Stuff That Makes you Laugh Your Ass off

You guys are crapping up this thread.
                Last edited by edindetroit; February 13, 2014, 09:57 AM.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• White students can attend the historically black schools. It's not against the rules.

Comment

• Thanks Main. Didn't know that.

I shall retire the conversation UKBB.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• And yet your dander was up. Odd.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        And yet your dander was up. Odd.

Dander? Who the fuck do you think you are, Harry Boil?

Ha!
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                          There are all white schools all over the place. And if an all black school will accept a student that might not have the opportunity it get an education anywhere else, I am 100% on board with that. Because I believe very strongly that an education is the path to a fully integrated and balanced society.
                          Please name an all white school.

Comment

• OH, FFS.

Let it go.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Laurence Fishburne laughs about being mistaken for Samuel L. Jackson

February 11, 2014|Tribune staff and wire reports

Apparently KTLA-TV's Sam Rubin isn't the first person to get Samuel L. Jackson and Laurence Fishburne mixed up.
                              In an interview last April on "George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight," a talk show that airs weekdays on the CBC, Canada's public broadcaster, Fisbhurne talked about how he has long been mistaken for Jackson.

The actor recalled how he was doing an interview 20 years ago when he was approached by a woman from Texas who said, 'I don't mean to bother you, but can I have your autograph, Mr. Jackson?"
                              "Once upon a time, people used to confuse Al Pacino with Dustin Hoffman," he said. "It's not a bad problem to have."

On Monday morning, the real Samuel L. Jackson ripped longtime Los Angeles television entertainment reporter Sam Rubin during a live interview after Rubin confused the "Robocop" actor for Fishburne. Jackson was ostensibly doing the interview with KTLA-TV, which is owned by the Tribune Co., to promote his upcoming "RoboCop" remake.

The interview was tense early on after Rubin asked the actor if he was surprised that "the phone rings as much as it does." Jackson appeared insulted.
                              Then, after discussing the trailer for the upcoming "Captain America" film, in which Jackson costars, Rubin seemed to confuse Jackson with "The Matrix" star Laurence Fishburne.

"Did you get a lot of reaction from that Super Bowl commercial?" Rubin asked, an apparent reference to Fishburne's "Matrix"-themed ad for Kia.
                              "What Super Bowl commercial?" a perplexed Jackson asked before putting two and two together.
                              "You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" Jackson shot back. "I'm not Laurence Fishburne!
                              "We don't all look alike!" Jackson continued.
                              "I am guilty!" Rubin replied, in an attempt to put an end to the issue, but no dice, as Jackson continued to lay into him.
                              "You're the entertainment reporter for this station and you don't know the difference between me and Laurence Fishburne?" Jackson asked. "There must be a very short line for your job.

Though Rubin made attempts to recover, Jackson wouldn't let up. When the reporter said, "Let's talk about 'RoboCop,'" Jackson gleefully said, "Oh, hell no. Really? Really?" He told Rubin he was also not Morgan Freeman, and he had never appeared in a commercial for McDonald's or KFC.

Rubin later apologized, calling his gaffe a "very amateur mistake" and insisting that he does, in fact, know who Samuel L. Jackson is.

"First and foremost, I do know who Samuel L. Jackson is," Rubin said on air. "I pride myself on the fact that, unlike a lot of people who do this kind of work, more often than not, I really do know what I'm talking about, but I didn't 30 minutes ago. And I'm really embarrassed about it, and I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended by what was a very amateur mistake."
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X