Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to The Big House for the first time since I was a kid on Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great thing about UM football and the Big House is that it don't get any better than this. Big time all the way!

Comment

Looks like I may need to bring a raincoat or an umbrella (or both).

Rain in the forecast for Saturday
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

You can't bring umbrellas into the stadium. Go to a local Walmart and buy a decent poncho with a hood. These work best when you're sitting as they cover your legs nicely. They'll also work if its raining while you're walking around.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          You can't bring umbrellas into the stadium. Go to a local Walmart and buy a decent poncho with a hood. These work best when you're sitting as they cover your legs nicely. They'll also work if its raining while you're walking around.
          Gotcha!! Thanks for the advice, Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
            Agree with the comments about parking downtown if you're not gonna tailgate. It's nice to do the walk down State. One might feel a bit old, but there's certainly the eye candy.
            I say with the huge prevalence of yoga pants these days, you could do nicely following a bit of eye candy down to the stadium. Certainly makes my walk go by quickly

Comment

Just be careful because...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

From Ann Arbor Golf and Country Club. Only applies if you're driving and have parked on the Golf Course before.

Football Parking, 10/1/2016 Due to the weather, football parking at AAGOC will be open only to season pass holders, Park 'n Party pass holders, and club members. Only AAGOC Members will be allowed entry through the main gate on Stadium Blvd.; all other pass holders will enter through Gate #2 on Main Street, the lower gate. The golf course is extremely wet and fragile. Pass holders may not be able to access areas they are accustomed to. All vehicles will be directed by staff. Saving of spaces will not be allowed. Go Blue!
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Parking in the neighborhoods may be a little tighter, though.

Comment

Game was freaking fantastic. Atmosphere was amazing. Sat in section 18 (corner end zone, row 2). Got on TV right behind McShay & Blackledge during their second half interview. The Big House absolutely exploded after that Speight to Darboh playaction TD pass in the fourth. And seeing that Lewis pick live was indescribable.

Ended up parking in some dude's backyard for $30 a few blocks from the stadium. Me and the homie already planning our next Big House excursion.

Also it is really epic just how much maize & blue is represented across the country...when we got on our flight at 7 AM from Dallas to Detroit, there were at least 20 UM fans boarding it with us.

Go Blue!!!

Comment

As I said it don't get any bigger than the Big House!

Comment

Yep Stan it really was incredible. Tremendous atmosphere. I'll probably go back the year after next since I'll be going to see UM vs Florida in Dallas next year.

Comment

That's on my list too. Just hope it doesn't turn out like the last trip there.

Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

Working...
                            X