DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #31561
SeattleLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
My money is the that both parties look bad in the document... and the release will be... not as easy.
Why would you say that? I swear the only thing we know is that it's "shocking" according to every right wing flack in congress. I think I heard it's written by Nunes?
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #31562
entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
Why would you say that? I swear the only thing we know is that it's "shocking" according to every right wing flack in congress. I think I heard it's written by Nunes?
The R's had something that really hit the D's without any collateral damage, more would be leaked. Same holds true for the D's having something on the R's. JMO.

I could buy the argument that neither party wants a dirty laundry battle, but there are enough cowboys (or cowgirls) in both parties that I think this would be out.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #31563
SeattleLionsFan

Or it's a bunch of bullshit and releasing it would show it was a bunch of bullshit?

I don't mean to be disagreeable, but there so much stupid shit about how famaging it is, but no one has ANY information about what it's even supposed to say.
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #31564
Kapture1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Kapture1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #31565
entropy

Quote:
Or it's a bunch of bullshit and releasing it would show it was a bunch of bullshit?

I don't mean to be disagreeable, but there so much stupid shit about how famaging it is, but no one has ANY information about what it's even supposed to say.
could be bs.. I'm sure Trump would hold that position if claims were directed at him. =)

I do think you are correct in wondering how damaging this all is... usually the damage is viewed through a bias. That said, there is enough smoke here that some type of fire must exist.

I personally want to know. We will have view the damage differently, but I think we have the right to know.

Last edited by entropy; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #31566
SeattleLionsFan

That's what I'm saying though ent. Is there really smoke there? You have a bunch of hacks saying "OOOOHHHH! I saw it and it's soooo badddd!" But beyond that? Not a goddamn thing.
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #31567
entropy

Humans are self serving. That is why we have laws.... because we cannot govern ourselves. I have no doubt the gov't has taken liberties and both sides have allowed this to happen. So that could also be my own bias on this topic and why I think there is a fire.
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #31568
entropy

it is interesting that Twitter is not allowing #releasethememo to trend. hmmm..
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #31569
entropy

seat.. if you do think it is all bluff, you should also want them to show their hand. At this point, the R's can't hold back without losing face. I know the Party First people won't care, but those of us who bounce will. jmo
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #31570
SeattleLionsFan

Of course I want them to release it. I also want them to release the FISA warrant they were talking about last week. They didn't release that one either. They also didn't realize the Simpson testimony that they claimed was flaming. So the democrats had to do it. And guess what? It wasn't damning.
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #31571
hack

Quote:

Is "famaging" the fake-news version of damaging? It should be.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #31572
SeattleLionsFan

Lol! The one time you want autocorrect to actually correct. .
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM   #31573
Kapture1

says the side that has been screaming muh Russia for over a year now.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #31574
Kapture1

Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #31575
Dr. Strangelove

The 'shocking memo' that will result in numerous resignations across the FBI, CIA, NSA, NASA, and the Elks Lodge, is a 4-page document exclusively written by Devin Nunes which details 'shocking' abuse.

One 30-second phone call from Trump and it could be public in 10 minutes. Any of the outraged Congressmen could legally read it from the floor of Congress with no consequences.

Why doesn't Trump take action, even ignoring the pleas from his own son? Why don't Congressman Jordan or Meadows storm down to the microphone and begin exposing the evidence that'll make Watergate seem like child's play?

Kapture has no good answer to those questions. Just the same, tired memes.
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #31576
Da Geezer

Quote:
One 30-second phone call from Trump and it could be public in 10 minutes. Any of the outraged Congressmen could legally read it from the floor of Congress with no consequences.
That is certainly what I believed to be the case, but I heard an R rep say that the proper procedure would be for there to be an Intel Com. meeting. If a majority of the Com. votes to release the memo, then the President has five days to sign his agreement. Something about having the two elected branches involved in the process.

As far as reading it from the floor, I've always heard that that would be doable.

Alternatively, one could give it to Diane Feinstein. That would get into the public sphere within hours.
Da Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #31577
Da Geezer

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the California AG coming out and saying that there will be potential jail time and heavy fines if a private citizen assists federal agents in the state (I'm assuming he just means ICE).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/19...uary-laws.html
Da Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #31578
Kapture1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
The 'shocking memo' that will result in numerous resignations across the FBI, CIA, NSA, NASA, and the Elks Lodge, is a 4-page document exclusively written by Devin Nunes which details 'shocking' abuse.

Why doesn't Trump take action, even ignoring the pleas from his own son? Why don't Congressman Jordan or Meadows storm down to the microphone and begin exposing the evidence that'll make Watergate seem like child's play?

Kapture has no good answer to those questions. Just the same, tired memes.
Who knows. Im pulling for him to read the entire thing during the State of the Union address. BTFO out the left and deep state infront of the entire world.

Not likely. It will be released. The dems can worry about whats in there a bit longer, totally fine. If its as bad as i think it will be, the Russian investigation is over, and the dems will have to stick to body shamming.