DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

View Poll Results: How annoying is DWT?
Oh my god I am going to poke my eyeballs out! 14 37.84%
Well, it sucks - but I try to scroll by the nonsense. 11 29.73%
Meh, I really don't care. Still waiting for that apathy thread. 5 13.51%
Not bad. I diddly-liddly love talking stupid shit. 4 10.81%
It f'in is the best! F&$K MS! This guy has the plan! 8 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #3141
dwt1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,440
They have? Notice I said “supporting” talent, not “amazing” talent.
__________________
Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #3142
madatgravity47
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwt1 View Post
The evidence shows, even with a running game and great defense Mediocre Matty still loses to good teams.

Oh, and why can NE turn over it's entire roster almost every two years and still end up with a pretty complete team, but Detroit Can never put anything together.......first step to having a complete team is having a QB that is NOT Mediocre.
Jacksonville, Minnesota... Next excuse plz
madatgravity47 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #3143
guitarjack87
Senior Member
 
guitarjack87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatgravity47 View Post
Jacksonville, Minnesota... Next excuse plz
Here I will save you the wait.

DWT type response: Case Keenum and Blake Bortles are better than Matthew Stafford because they won a playoff game.
__________________
1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth
guitarjack87 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #3144
dpatnod
Senior Member
 
dpatnod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,072
Don't forget Osweiller.
__________________
Riley Reiff is this season's most valuable FA RT.
dpatnod is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #3145
madatgravity47
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjack87 View Post
Here I will save you the wait.

DWT type response: Case Keenum and Blake Bortles are better than Matthew Stafford because they won a playoff game.
They've won playoff games because they've both had rbs, and solid defenses...he would be arguing a stat that up until this point didn't exist....him saying they've won playoff games only turns his own argument on it's head..both bortles and keenum are, by his definition, mediocre...carear wise they've never done jack...give them some rbs and some key defensive players and now they're winning playoff games....
madatgravity47 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #3146
CGVT
Senior Member
 
CGVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spanish Fort, AL
Posts: 30,840
Jesus. Will you guys never learn?
__________________
Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-
CGVT is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #3147
dwt1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatgravity47 View Post
Jacksonville, Minnesota... Next excuse plz
What about Jacksonville, Minnesota? I donít get your point.
__________________
Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #3148
Fraquar
Senior Member
 
Fraquar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatgravity47 View Post
They've won playoff games because they've both had rbs, and solid defenses...he would be arguing a stat that up until this point didn't exist....him saying they've won playoff games only turns his own argument on it's head..both bortles and keenum are, by his definition, mediocre...carear wise they've never done jack...give them some rbs and some key defensive players and now they're winning playoff games....
I'm not sure we will ever see a season where Stafford hands the ball off 50% of the time like those two QB's did this year.
Fraquar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #3149
dwt1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatgravity47 View Post
They've won playoff games because they've both had rbs, and solid defenses...he would be arguing a stat that up until this point didn't exist....him saying they've won playoff games only turns his own argument on it's head..both bortles and keenum are, by his definition, mediocre...carear wise they've never done jack...give them some rbs and some key defensive players and now they're winning playoff games....
They also made plays to win playoff games.

And please donít tell me what I would do, I donít tell you what you would do - show me the same courtesy.

Oh and concerning your last sentence, they did it this year and will they do it repeatedly given the same conditions? Seriously? Because iím Talking about QBs who consistantly win in this league with who ever they line up with, and you counter that arguement with two teams who quite possibly are just riding a high.
__________________
Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #3150
dpatnod
Senior Member
 
dpatnod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,072
Yeah, quit using facts, dude.
__________________
Riley Reiff is this season's most valuable FA RT.
dpatnod is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #3151
Panoptes
Senior Member
 
Panoptes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 45,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatgravity47 View Post
They've won playoff games because they've both had rbs, and solid defenses...he would be arguing a stat that up until this point didn't exist....him saying they've won playoff games only turns his own argument on it's head..both bortles and keenum are, by his definition, mediocre...carear wise they've never done jack...give them some rbs and some key defensive players and now they're winning playoff games....

The problem with your argument is your hopes and projections DO NOT match reality. They are in the NFL record books as playoff winning QB's. There are no asterisks next to their name for having a running game and a D.

Until then:

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, weíd all have a merry ChristmasĒ was a proverb of Don Meredith (1938-2010)
__________________
SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes
Panoptes is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #3152
Fraquar
Senior Member
 
Fraquar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,750
Alex Smith had a good RB and a solid defense and he didn't make it out of the 1st rd - and he was playing at home. There are no guarantees in the NFL, you just have to make the BEST of the few opportunities you get because you may not get another one. The few players that get a ton of opportunities are usually in the HOF.
Fraquar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #3153
Panoptes
Senior Member
 
Panoptes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 45,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraquar View Post
Alex Smith had a good RB and a solid defense and he didn't make it out of the 1st rd - and he was playing at home. There are no guarantees in the NFL, you just have to make the BEST of the few opportunities you get because you may not get another one. The few players that get a ton of opportunities are usually in the HOF.
KC D sucked again in 2017 ending at 32nd in the NFL. Just need to set that straight. Otherwise, your main point stands.
__________________
SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes
Panoptes is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #3154
Fraquar
Senior Member
 
Fraquar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,750
Like I said, they had a solid defense.
Fraquar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #3155
dpatnod
Senior Member
 
dpatnod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,072
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter. Alex Smith shoulda made others better. He sucks.
__________________
Riley Reiff is this season's most valuable FA RT.
dpatnod is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #3156
lionsfan20
Member
 
lionsfan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 84
Man I wish we would just trade this bum Stafford and draft that Thomas Brady fella in the 2018 draft. That would solve all of our problems and show us that Quinn really knows what he is doing. Or even better we could have drafted that Sanchez guy all the analysts liked over Stafford in the first place then we wouldn't be in this predicament right now. When will the Lions learn??!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #3157
dpatnod
Senior Member
 
dpatnod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,072
Kellen Moore was RIGHT THERE!
__________________
Riley Reiff is this season's most valuable FA RT.
dpatnod is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © DetroitLionsForum.com.
This site is a non-profit fan site and IS NOT affiliated with the NFL or Detroit Lions or any other sports team. Please visit the official site of the Detroit Lions for official information on the Lions.