No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get Milo and why anyone thinks about him.

He describes himself as a "provocateur" and he provokes people by being an asshole. The people he provokes get mad, because he is being an ass.....and then he and the rest of the deplorables get the vapors because people don't like assholes.

Wtf?

I also like that the writer says he doesn't like liberals because they are intolerant, but like Ann "you have to hit Liberals with a baseball bat" Coulter. That's super tolerant.
    Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; February 14, 2017, 09:55 AM.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Good article on gender (in the form of Q&A): http://everydayfeminism.com/2017/02/...e-multigender/

It's an important read to stop body terrorism and it's also useful to learn about treading lightly when trying to embrace a gender that is culturally appropriative. In this day and age, it's must read stuff.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I also like that the writer says he doesn't like liberals because they are intolerant, but like Ann "you have to hit Liberals with a baseball bat" Coulter. That's super tolerant.
        It must really pain you to know that he's, heh heh, speaking truth to power.

Comment

• Good morning, gentlemen! Great to be here with you all on today's episode of Talking Past Each Other.

For my segment of the show I'd like to talk about Deray McKesson, who I saw speak last night at a David Simon fundraiser dubbed "Steve Earle's Redneck Bar Mitzvah". This was the first time I've ever heard somebody drop an F-bomb in synagogue, and Steve Earle singing This Land is Your Land is always wonderful, but McKesson stole the show. You may disagree with his beliefs or tactics but that guy is a great fucking speaker. He's got serious potential.

Comment

• I do like Steve Earle.

Comment

• Who is speaking truth to what power Talent?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I hire the best people. Ask everyone, they know. The Best. Big, beautiful, best people.

Comment

• This whole Flynn fiasco should finally put to the rest that Trump is a super genius, capable of manipulating everything to his favor. Not everything that happens is due to his brilliant strategic plans.

Comment

• DSL: Here is the interview that prompted my post yesterday. The discussion of alien voting begins at about 1:48.

On Sunday a top Trump adviser doubled down on claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2016 election, saying the White House has provided “enormous evidence” to substantiate the assertion.

Comment

• SLF:

Uh, Chadwick Moore is speaking truth to the progressive fascist left NYC dominance he lived in. Fortunately, it looks like he's gaining some perspective. Good for him.

Comment

• DSL:
                        1) You do realize that that cell phones can be hacked, correct? The cameras can be used without the owner's knowledge? When people enter the situation room back at the White House they have to leave all cell phones outside.
                        Yes, and I've been in many meetings where we had to give up our phone for that reason. The simplest and most likely reason that this "national security council meeting" was held as it was is that no secret material was being discussed. That is what both sides said: that they were discussing the news conference that was to occur after dinner.

IMO this is an example of Trump showing off for the diners at his exclusive club and for Abe. It is a flaw in his character, and we will see if it is a fatal flaw.

And I've never heard of Gregg Phillips until you posted the name.
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; February 14, 2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Not everything that happens is due to his brilliant strategic plans.
                          I would say that none of it has. I keep seeing this statement by people claiming that he has the media dancing to his whims, and its clearly the exact opposite. CNN and SNL are moving furniture around inside his head.

I assume that things will reach an equilibrium eventually...maybe after he steps in dogshit enough times to fire some more people and start leaning on the permanent institutions which are there to help them. But who knows; maybe he will continue to to carom off the walls like this for years yet.
                          Last edited by Wild Hoss; February 14, 2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) calls for an 'exhaustive investigation" into ties between the Trump White House and the Russian govt.

Republican Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, on Tuesday called for an exhaustive investigation into connections between President Donald Trump and Russia and said the Intelligence Committee should immediately speak with former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Perhaps Republican Senators will do their job where Chaffetz and his so-called Oversight Committee will not?

Comment

• There's zero way dropping Flynn is part of any sort of master plan. LOL. Now, I think it a bit silly to think DJT fell assbackwards into things the whole way -- he's made some intentionally good moves. But this? C'mon.

Flynn, though, is the kind of thing that actually hurts him a little bit. He can deal with pretty much everything else. I'm not sure the pile of outrage to date ever reaches critical mass with the silent majority. Even the immigration thing was a move to, ostensibly, protect the US. The Flynn thing, though, is a national security bumble, and folks take notice of that. DJT has some leeway -- certainly more than he has from "The Resistance" on this thread, but he doesn't have that much. And it doesn't take long for a general view to calcify. He's probably 1 or 2 more meaningful fuckups from having that take hold with the portion of the electorate that matters.

Comment

• Hillary Clinton's dominant campaign strategy of asserting that Trump was wholly unfit for the office was not the winning strategy, but it was true.

Comment

Working...
                                X