No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I like about Wiz is that his posts are USUALLY very short. A second thing I like about Wiz is that his posts are USUALLY very short. There may be a third thing. I'm holding out hope.

Comment

• Infrequency?

Comment

• Dan Rather is spot on:

Donald Trump's speech last night in front of the Boy Scouts of America was not only highly inappropriate. It was disgusting.
        I would like to hope it is a nadir in our country's political discourse, but it seems like the slide downward only accelerates. So it stands as a sad encapsulation of our current age.
        No doubt many in the crowd were riled up by Mr. Trump's stale rhetoric of "fake news" and lies about his "massive" electoral victory. But the Boy Scouts is a diverse organization with chapters in every corner of this nation. And today, many are no doubt wondering whether they belong in a group that is supposed to be built on community and service. Many of these boys may be wondering more broadly whether they belong in a country led by a man like this.
        Scouts learn the importance of being “trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.” How few of those adjectives apply to our current Commander in Chief. A man who can't control himself to act in a manner befitting the setting, is a man without the steadiness of character to run a nation. A grown man who is so insecure as to seek affirmation in a group of teenagers is not a man with the maturity to lead a nation. A man who is so self-absorbed as to make every utterance about himself and his needs is not a man with the vision to elevate a nation.
        Part of being president is to be the leader of the entire country. And every president I can remember (and that's a lot of them) revelled in moments when they had a venue to shake off the partisanship of Washington and speak in exalted tones to the people. But whether it's dedicating an aircraft carrier or talking to Boy Scouts, Mr. Trump so far has seemed incapable of performing that simple task.
        Bluntly put - and there is no joy and having to say this – he is tearing apart the norms of our nation. So it is incumbent on those who recognize the damage being done to stitch back the bonds that unite us and work hard to muffle the echoes of his divisiveness.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          One thing I like about Wiz is that his posts are USUALLY very short. A second thing I like about Wiz is that his posts are USUALLY very short. There may be a third thing. I'm holding out hope.
          STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            Infrequency?
            Actually, it's repetition. I never have to think to hard about what he's trying to say. Very efficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
              Hack a 'hard left'? Really? I know true 'hard lefties' and Hack is way to the right of that. I think that your accusation of 'hard left bias' is simply a symptom of the hyper-partisanship gripping this country. You paint with a mighty wide brush.

Hack, you commie bastard, how dare you infiltrate the oasis known as the USA. Why do you hate America/Jesus/freedom so much?
              THE WIZARD .

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Actually, it's repetition. I never have to think to hard about what he's trying to say. Very efficient.
                lucidly cogent

That being said...

shaddup
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• TL;DR

Comment

• F.O.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --
                      Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
                      He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
                      He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
                      He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
                      He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
                      He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
                      He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
                      He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.
                      He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.
                      He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
                      He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.
                      He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.
                      He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.
                      He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation:
                      <A href="http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/documents/1776-1785/jeffersons-draft-of-the-declaration-of-independence.php#charters">He has abdicated government here, by declaring us out of his protection and waging war against us.
                      He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burned our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
                      He is at this time transporting large armies of foreign mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the head of a civilized nation.
                      He has constrained our fellow citizens taken captive on the high seas to bear arms against their country, to become the executioners of their friends and brethren, or to fall themselves by their hands.
                      He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare, is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
                      In Jefferson's draft there is a part on slavery here
                      In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
                      Nor have we been wanting in attention to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in war, in peace friends.

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare, that these united colonies are, and of right ought to be free and independent states; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
                      JOHN HANCOCK, President
                      Attested, CHARLES THOMSON, Secretary New Hampshire JOSIAH BARTLETT
                      WILLIAM WHIPPLE
                      MATTHEW THORNTON

Massachusetts-Bay SAMUEL ADAMS
                      JOHN ADAMS
                      ROBERT TREAT PAINE
                      ELBRIDGE GERRY

Rhode Island STEPHEN HOPKINS
                      WILLIAM ELLERY

Connecticut ROGER SHERMAN
                      SAMUEL HUNTINGTON
                      WILLIAM WILLIAMS
                      OLIVER WOLCOTT

Georgia BUTTON GWINNETT
                      LYMAN HALL
                      GEO. WALTON

Maryland SAMUEL CHASE
                      WILLIAM PACA
                      THOMAS STONE
                      CHARLES CARROLL OF CARROLLTON

Virginia GEORGE WYTHE
                      RICHARD HENRY LEE
                      THOMAS JEFFERSON
                      BENJAMIN HARRISON
                      THOMAS NELSON, JR.
                      FRANCIS LIGHTFOOT LEE
                      CARTER BRAXTON.

New York WILLIAM FLOYD
                      PHILIP LIVINGSTON
                      FRANCIS LEWIS
                      LEWIS MORRIS

Pennsylvania ROBERT MORRIS
                      BENJAMIN RUSH
                      BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
                      JOHN MORTON
                      GEORGE CLYMER
                      JAMES SMITH
                      GEORGE TAYLOR
                      JAMES WILSON
                      GEORGE ROSS

Delaware CAESAR RODNEY
                      GEORGE READ
                      THOMAS M'KEAN

North Carolina WILLIAM HOOPER
                      JOSEPH HEWES
                      JOHN PENN

South Carolina EDWARD RUTLEDGE
                      THOMAS HEYWARD, JR.
                      THOMAS LYNCH, JR.
                      ARTHUR MIDDLETON

New Jersey RICHARD STOCKTON
                      JOHN WITHERSPOON
                      FRANCIS HOPKINS
                      JOHN HART
                      ABRAHAM CLARK
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why are you posting that anti-Trump shit?
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Why are you posting that anti-Trump shit?
                          This

Comment

• sorry
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Why are you posting that anti-Trump shit?
                              PERFECT. Well done!

Comment

• I gave The Wizard a forum
                                That has no posts

I hope he goes there and stays there.

Comment

Working...
                                X