No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a rare show of bipartisanship, Christopher Wray has been confirmed by the Senate as new FBI head by a 92-5 vote.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Poor Donald Trump. A man of his towering intellect, high moral standards, and elevated prestige should not be subjected to such squalor. Best that he resign and relocate to the Garbage State.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Crash, are you aware that the Rich family gets death threats from people like you who scream at them, demanding they tell the truth over how their son was murdered by Hillary?

You can thank the true journalists, Gateway Pundit, Alex Jones, Hannity, and Mike Cernovich, for that. The same group that claimed the Clintons also run a pedophile ring in a pizza shop basement.

And as Seattle noted, Spicer himself has acknowledged that these imbeciles brought their 'investigation' to the WH itself to discusss. And the WH gave a nod of approval when they needed a 'distraction'.
        you can also say the rich family must have had enough doubt that they agreed to let wheeler investigate
        dumb on their part if the police had them convinced this was a botched robbery why let wheeler investigate especially with his known ties to fox news and trump

the notion however that whetehr it be the Clintons/the trumps/the nixons/the kennedys/the johnsons/the underwoods that if their is a whiff of dirt on your opponent you are going to try to get to the bottom of it and obtain evidence and use it.

but again where is the crime committed? where is the obstruction? where is the collusion

FWIW I lean to robbery theory myself because he fought back

Comment

• FFS, use some punctuation.

Your shit is unreadable.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think he said once that he posts doing voice-to-text on his phone.

Comment

• Unreadable regardless.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                FWIW I lean to robbery theory myself because he fought back
                With all due respect, why on earth does what you lean to matter? The facts are the facts.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I like the punctuation-lite style. Is my favorite thing about crash. The words themselves are nonsense, but the presentation is a calling card.

Comment

• Look, reading anything Crash writes is a miracle unto itself. Like a singing dog, you worry less about the quality and marvel more at the feat itself. A short time ago he communicated entirely with a series of whistles, grunts, and gesticulations. The progress he has made is astounding.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• DSL: what I said was "I, too, know of no Trump voter who has in any way changed his mind. I also suspect many who voted for Trump will not let on that they did. That was the big story of the election-that folks lied to the polls and went into the booth and voted for Trump. Of course, Dems are continuing on the "Russia hacked the election" silliness. Why would anyone tell a pollster they "approve" of Trump? But in the same Rasmussen poll, Trump still beats Hillary, and, I suspect, would beat any prog named as a candidate.

You do a fine job of setting up a straw man and then proceeding to pound on him. What I said that is relevant to the polls is that I know of no one who would tell a pollster they "approve" of Trump. I certainly wouldn't. But if given a choice between Trump and Hillary, now I'd vote for Trump because of the Gorsuch nomination.

Maybe you could hold forth on why the exit polls also showed Hillary winning easily. The fact is that folks lied to pollsters after voting too.

Or maybe you could discuss why the national numbers in RCP are the ones you choose. There were polls out there for the various states that were in play on November 8. Both parties had them (which is why Hillary closed in PA and Trump closed in MI). Strange, the national polls are irrelevant. At least Rassmussen routinely warned that Hillary had a 3% excess in national polls because of CA.

The cause of your Trump Derangement Syndrom is that Trump's victory was totally unexpected, even by top-flight political analysts like yourself. All I said is that folks don't want to align themselves with Trump (or any other politician who grabs females by the crotch). It is only when Trump's policies are compared to specific progressive policies that Trump wins, which is why Hillary ran an issue-free campaign.

Comment

• Nope. That's just about entirely wrong.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          It is only when Trump's policies are compared to specific progressive policies that Trump wins, which is why Hillary ran an issue-free campaign.

That is wrong on many levels. Other than the election, Trump has won nothing, except perhaps the Most Reprehensible Human on the Planet award.

Trump's health care policy is rejected by a majority of Americans at large including the GOP controlled Senate. #TrumpLoses. Immigration? How's that wall coming? #TrumpLoses. Or the travel ban? #TrumpLoses. When afforded the opportunity to provide uplifting inspiration to the next generation of leaders like the Boy Scouts, how'd that work out? #TrumpLoses. What about his grasp on telling the truth? #TrumpLoses. How about staffing his inner circle with responsible adults like Bannon, Mooch, Flynn, Huckeby-Sanders, etc? #TrumpLoses.

Hillary ran an issue-free campaign, I agree. But that was because she (stupidly) assumed that all American voters would be so repulsed by Trump's constant immature, sub-human behavior that they would vote for a cheese sandwich before inflicting the likes of Trump upon America. There was no need to run on issues - no one in their right mind would vote for that asshole - they would even vote for Hillary instead. THAT is pompous arrogance at its worst.

I am a true Libertarian, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, holding the belief that gov't should be severely restricted in what it may or may not do. I did not vote for Billlary or Chump - I voted for someone I would have been proud to have as President. That's my litmus test, would you be proud of your candidate?

I am a white, male college graduate, engineer by trade, married to a business owner who owns her own medical practice, living a rural lifestyle. I am a military veteran who proudly served my country. I have a lot to be thankful for, all of it because of the United States of America and what it stands for. Donald Trump makes me ashamed of being an American. No one, has ever done that to me before. That hurts worst of all. Being a Trump supporter is like being a proud card carrying member of NAMBLA - I can not grasp how anyone can do that. All one gets from those types are rationalizations for degenerate behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            Nope. That's just about entirely wrong.
                            Confirms what what I've always said about Da Geezer, "Seldom right, never in doubt."

Comment

• Bonus points for making a connection between NAMBLA and Trump supporters. Heh.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                That is wrong on many levels. Other than the election, Trump has won nothing, except perhaps the Most Reprehensible Human on the Planet award.

Trump's health care policy is rejected by a majority of Americans at large including the GOP controlled Senate. #TrumpLoses. Immigration? How's that wall coming? #TrumpLoses. Or the travel ban? #TrumpLoses. When afforded the opportunity to provide uplifting inspiration to the next generation of leaders like the Boy Scouts, how'd that work out? #TrumpLoses. What about his grasp on telling the truth? #TrumpLoses. How about staffing his inner circle with responsible adults like Bannon, Mooch, Flynn, Huckeby-Sanders, etc? #TrumpLoses.

Hillary ran an issue-free campaign, I agree. But that was because she (stupidly) assumed that all American voters would be so repulsed by Trump's constant immature, sub-human behavior that they would vote for a cheese sandwich before inflicting the likes of Trump upon America. There was no need to run on issues - no one in their right mind would vote for that asshole - they would even vote for Hillary instead. THAT is pompous arrogance at its worst.

I am a true Libertarian, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, holding the belief that gov't should be severely restricted in what it may or may not do. I did not vote for Billlary or Chump - I voted for someone I would have been proud to have as President. That's my litmus test, would you be proud of your candidate?

I am a white, male college graduate, engineer by trade, married to a business owner who owns her own medical practice, living a rural lifestyle. I am a military veteran who proudly served my country. I have a lot to be thankful for, all of it because of the United States of America and what it stands for. Donald Trump makes me ashamed of being an American. No one, has ever done that to me before. That hurts worst of all. Being a Trump supporter is like being a proud card carrying member of NAMBLA - I can not grasp how anyone can do that. All one gets from those types are rationalizations for degenerate behavior.
                                I'm not sure it was an issues free campaign, she had a thousand issues she ran on and all you had to do was go to her website and read a short 150 page pdf for those issues. If you asked her about a issue she could give you a very detailed, wonky answer that could touch on the issue from many angles.

Ultimately her campaign in the end was warning about how temperamentally unfit he was and how unqualified he was. It was the most true thing of the campaign. It didn't work out but FFS, you have to lead with that. Her issues weren't going to get through when her opponent is bragging about sexual assault and the supporters eat it up.

If anything, the last six months has shown us there was no real winning strategy for her or the other GOP clowns. His poll numbers are still pretty durable considering how bad they have run things. Firings, lies, collusion, trumpcare debacle, none of it has made a real dent.

Comment

Working...
                                X