Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a cut and paste for you.

Check out the first letter of every paragraph. Ha!

Just so Geezer is not confused, a paragraph is a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
    Attached Files
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I have no idea what Wolf Blitzer said and would not waste any time finding out. I'm just winding up crash because there's nothing else you can do with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        That's probably the best idea. I have no southern heritage, but I do have family who fought the Nazis. Including my Father (and my Uncle) who was 18 years old at the time (he had me later in life). As much as my Dad hated the Nazis he always said they had the best uniforms.

A lot of people admire the Germans uniforms of WWII In fact the Nazi official uniforms were designed by the now famous Hugo Boss and historians tend to agree they look Fabulous. >>>> In a museum, not in public.
        That makes me miss OP.

Comment

• I have no idea what Wolf Blitzer said and would not waste any time finding out.
          We know.

So how about not calling crash a white supremacist or not calling me an anti-Semite. You have no curiosity about the views of others, and when called out, your standard take is that you only have a certain list of things you will read. Heaven forbid you learn some facts that contradict your alt-left belief system. Since you are unable to debate, you name-call.

Comment

• How about calming down and taking it all in stride? That's what I did when you shared your thoughts on non-Protestants. I didn't get all uppity like you are now. In fact I continued to have some very enjoyable discussions with that version of you, so I didnt let that stuff bother me. You're welcome. That Geezer is welcome back anytime.

Comment

• Tales from the beach:

1.) a woman pulls her dentures out and washes them off in the pool.

2.) another woman loses her mind when the pool guy puts a couple of scoops in the pool out of a bucket clearly marked 'sodium bicarbonate'. She screamed that he shouldn't put chemicals in while people are swimming. He said, "it's just sodium bicarb!" She starts screaming again. He asks if baking soda would be okay. She replies, "Sure, baking soda would be fine." He just smiles and walks away leaving her to think she was about to suffer massive chemical burns.

3.) fat people love them some michelob ultra. I want to walk up and say, "it's not working."

4.) i love most things about the South. Country music being blared by beach goers notsomuch.

5.) gotdamn there are more drop dead gorgeous 20-year-olds here than I can stand. Talk about a target-rich environment.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Small march in town today to remove statue of Christopher Columbus. Explains DSL's absence today.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Out there working hard to erase history!

Comment

• You guys keep this up, you're gonna make me post a series on my favorite statues.

Churchill's statue in London might be #1. Love the Jefferson and Lincoln memorial in DC, too

One of the numerous Caesar statues in and about Rome would be up there.

The statue of Louis XIV as a Roman emperor in the town of Caen, France (close to the Channel is hilarious, perfect).

Of course, the statue of Coach Bryant in front of the stadium.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If you can just link us to your geocities statues page, that would be fine.

Comment

• AlabamAlum presents:

~FUN WITH STATUES~

Comment

• "This one always reminds me of my Uncle Larry. It's awesome!"

Comment

• I don't get that. I don't know your uncle Larry so I will need some context.

Comment

• I would love to see the removal of the statue of Hilary Clinton mentor, and former Exalted Cyclops of the KKK, Robert Byrd. Husband Bill gave the eulogy for the former so-called "Conscience of the Senate." I doubt it will happen; however, in this age of selective outrage and social punishment for being on the wrong side. George Orwell had it right when he wrote in 1984...

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• In the aftermath of the last two weekends, there are journalists commenting on an important, mostly unrecognized aspect of the protests that took place. For simplicity I'll just name the opposing sides the alt right and alt left. Moreover, the point is more cleanly defined when viewed in this context.

While the press in general gets all wrapped up in violence and tends to report on this and the underlying divisive issues of race, hate speech and freedom of speech, under the radar is a more insidious form of activity. To wit, the purposeful disruption of governance by Anarchists

The alt left is particularly guilty of this subversive activity in the current events. The alt right is not completely innocent either. Anarchism holds the state (Statism) to be undesirable, unnecessary, or harmful. It's origins go back a long way. I won't recount it's history other than to mention Facism (those philosophical views held by some members of the alt right) is, in many ways, related. My personal experience with it goes back to the 60s, race riots in Detroit and the various groups like the Weatherman, SDS (both now defunct), Black Power (morphed to BLM, et. al.) who had within their membership avowed Anarchists or members who held anarchist views.

The current thinking among those writing on this subject is that the racially divisive events surrounding the removal of statues venerating the Confederate leadership that are occurring and will continue to occur every time a move is made to remove one of these statues, are being leveraged by anarchists. Their goal is to create dissatisfaction with the state and a ground swell of anti-government, anti-statism sentiment.

The worst part about this activity is that it is coupled with and becomes a more serious threat to stable governance by the incompetence of the the current administration and President Donald trump. It is also coupled with political goals of both the conservative right and liberal left. To wit: to immobilize or isolate the President and make the business of running the Federal Government more difficult if not impossible.

Many think we have arrived at that point; the next stage is violent anarchy; the next the collapse of the mechanisms of governance. It seems a bit far fetched to me at the extremes but it is nevertheless unsettling; it highlights the fragility of Democracy as we know it in America. It also illuminates the importance of the oath of office which, by statute, requires government officials taking it to ?solemnly swear (or affirm)? that they ?will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC? and that they ?will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.?
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X