No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton is the Emanuel Goldstein for guys like Bleier. Give it a rest, your guy one.

Comment

• And now it's a horse... You can't make this stuff up!
      Traveler, USC's mascot, comes under scrutiny for having a name similar to Robert E. Lee's horse.

When Richard Saukko galloped his chalk-white Arabian horse named Traveler around the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum almost 56 years ago, it was supposed to be a one-time stunt.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I don't get that. I don't know your uncle Larry so I will need some context.
        Yes. I can see the confusion and fear in your eye.

Comment

• Just IMO but it's important not to overestimate how much thinking anarchists do. I had a buddy who started an anarchist resident -- a place where anarchists could go and live according to their ideals. It didn't work, and for a while he thought he could try again, but with more rules.

Comment

• Heh
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nice
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Yes. I can see the confusion and fear in your eye.
                That's anger, Goliath.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Just IMO but it's important not to overestimate how much thinking anarchists do. I had a buddy who started an anarchist resident -- a place where anarchists could go and live according to their ideals. It didn't work, and for a while he thought he could try again, but with more rules.
                  Well, I think the current ones, e.g., the Black Bloc Anarchists, are thinking and they are organized.

The major stimulus for a wider appeal of these leftists is the stated direction of the Trump campaign and now the actions of his administration. It's a crazy cauldron of actions producing an environment favorable for fascists and neo Nazi's to spew their filth. Likewise, that activity stimulates protests against them that right now are clearly involving and possibly orchestrated by anarchist groups.

It may be nothing right now but the potential for a nexus forming between anarchists and the goals of the liberal and conservative wings (particularly in their more extreme forms) of government could create the circumstances I wrote about up thread.

An overt or even subtle immobilization of established mechanisms of governance, including the Presidency, is what the journalists I spoke of above fear. While I think the actual fruition of such a thing is at the extreme, that it is even being talked about is unsettling.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I'm a white male, born, raised and lived my whole life in the north. I'll be honest, I didn't even realize confederate statues of this type were even a thing until the last few years. They had no bearing on my life. When they did come to my attention, I was sort of perplexed about how/why they existed. The need for southerners to identify with people that rebelled against the country they claim to love was always confusing to me. And a lot of these statues seem to be in the heart of cities, where a larger % of black Americans tend to live. They get a nice reminder of the people who fought to keep them enslaved whenever they pass by. I can't imagine what that must feel like to see on a regular basis. Hell, I feel queasy enough when I see an old re-run of The Dukes of Hazzard.

Taking down these statues is the right thing to do if they are 1) Jim Crow era productions meant to intimidate; 2) placed in positions of honor in public areas. Move them to museums, civil war parks, etc. places designed to give them context and place them alongside their counterparts form the north. This whole idea of "erasing history" is literally one of the stupidest arguments in recent memory.

Comment

• Good post. When I lived in So Fla my Saturday morning basketball game was in the gym at Jefferson Davis Middle School. Just doesn't make sense. Either believe your own bullshit or stop saying it.

Comment

• Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• This will be the anthem of the day:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTG-bCMG05E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTG-bCMG05E[/ame]

Comment

• What are you, a millenial or something?

Comment

• Its in reference to the untolds thousands of people who will be driving around looking for open holes in the clouds to view the eclipse today.

But beyond that...we can enjoy music made in this century as well Grandpa Simpson.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• It'll lead to communism and bestiality. You're damaging the polity.

Comment

Working...
                                X