This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights from today's game:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

You have to select the hockey one from the list below the video player.

Comment

• Liney didn't touch this thread so I'll do it for him. Fire Berenson! Where was this team all season?

Comment

• Fishing pucks out of their net.

Comment

• FIRE BERENSON!! :-)
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Who is the Shaka Smart of the college hockey world?

Comment

• Not sure because we have the Coach K of the hockey world.

Comment

• IMHO we have the Bobby Bowden of the hockey world. Unfortunately, Bowden's awesome run finally came to an end, and I think that Red's end has been approaching for some time.

Comment

• ND beat M 3-1 this evening, tournament over, season over.

First time in forever, Michigan Hockey has not played in the post season.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 23 years. They set the NCAA record at 17 consecutive years, IIRC.

Comment

• here's an interesting take on the uneven season Michigan Hockey just went thru:

...written by the Brian that heads up MGoBlog. A lot of what he says here about that team mirrors what i had heard, but pins more of the blame on the lack of leadership among the upperclassmen.

Comment

• There were awfully low expectations this season, based upon a lot of attrition and committed recruits choosing to play professionally as opposed to at M. Those low expectations proved to be correct.

Comment

• They entered the season ranked #3 so I'm not sure how low expectations were. I do know that if you don't have a competent goalie you're basically UM football with Bellomy at QB.

Comment

• One of the main problems, though, was that Michigan wasn't playing defense for most of the season with any sense of purpose and were leaving the goaltenders hanging out to dry. I watched several games on TV both early- and mid-season; at times, if it weren't for our goalies making plays, I was almost surprised to see us not give up scores reaching double digits. Only a few times were the goalies virtual sieves, letting in really weak shots as if not even seeing the puck. All-in-all, while there was plenty of blame to spread around for Michigan allowing more goals this season than any other team in the CCHA, the goalies, IMO, were not the #1 problem.

This all finally seemed to change back in early-to-mid February, and Michigan went on the streak that was finally snapped Sunday by ND, a team that played well all season long. In that finale, Michigan ran into a team that really out-played them in every possible way, yet we were only losing 2-1 into the final minute, when ND scored an insurance goal on a take-away right as Racine was trying to leave the ice for an extra attacker. If anything, that final loss can be pinned on a suddenly impotent offense---I don't know if ND gave us a different look defensively we weren't expecting to see, but the M offense seemed to be off balance practically all game long.
                            Last edited by Rob F; March 26, 2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Shoutout to Quinnipiac and Yale of the ECAC...been over 20 years since someone in our conf has won a title.

Comment

• BUMP!!

Tonight's the night! UM-BC season opener for both teams. The Eagles are pre-season #4 and we're #10. My wife and I will be there rooting on Red and the boys. Need to get back to championship hockey!

Comment

Working...
                                X