Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only options for Hatch are medical redshirt or stay on scholarship. Once he has a scholarship, even if he paid his way he'd count as a scholarship player.

Comment

• No kidding. Did not know that.

Comment

• Pat him on the back and gve him a medical.
        Last edited by Hannibal; April 16, 2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I think it would be low class to mess with Austin Hatch, and his status on the basketball team.

Michigan has received a lot of goodwill for what they've done, and they shouldn't mess with that.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 2016 C Austin Davis commits. He has some good long term potential, but I don't get taking this commit, especially with Teske already in the fold.

Comment

• He looks like a load and averaged 26 points and 17 rebounds in Class B this past year. Probably an Even-with-the-rim player but a guy that sounds like he's improving. Pretty typical of a Beilein big but he's already got college size at 6'10", 250. From the looks of him, he reminds me of Tyler Hansborough, albeit a poor man's version at this point.

Comment

• Kind of your typical 6'10" guy (save the camo shorts) vs. 6'5"-6'7" guys highlights but here are some:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDvVPyguOU"]Austin Davis 2016 Onsted High School Wildcats highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• If you're into the full game experience, here's Davis' last game of this year. He's going up against 6'8" Nick Perkins, who is a senior heading to Buffalo.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqUjb3q1OIY"]Milan Big Reds vs Onsted Wildcats (Class B Regional Finals) - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by *JD*; April 16, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• There's got to be a big leaving. Donnal is my guess, which is too bad. Otherwise taking a commit from this kid makes zero sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Only options for Hatch are medical redshirt or stay on scholarship. Once he has a scholarship, even if he paid his way he'd count as a scholarship player.
                      I don't think that's true. I've seen it suggested at more than a couple places he could go to walk on status for a year or two and pay his own way.

Comment

• Either way, Hatch won't be contributing. Letting him take up a scholarship is the equivalent of putting yourself on probation for 4-5 years.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; April 17, 2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Either way, Hatch won't be contributing. Letting him take up a scholarship is the equivalent of putting yourself on probation for 4-5 years.
                          Agreed. It was really cool that U of M stuck to their commit like that but it's about time to do what's best for the program. Either way it's a win win. If they get his scholarship they win and if they stick with him it just makes the program look even more like a upstanding institution.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• As I understand it, there's not a way to pay Hatch's way without keeping him on scholarship. Either he pays or Michigan uses a scholarship.

Anyhow, yeah -- surely somebody's leaving. Donnal was definitely disappointing, but going into the season with Doyle as our only experienced big would be exceptionally frustrating, completely avoidable, and risks ruining a very high-expectations year. You guys better hope Donnal stays because otherwise I'll be bitching about this anti-bigs bias in the program on a regular basis. With bigs, even if he can get to competence that'll be a big contribution.

Comment

• You bitching is the least unpleasant consequence of Beilein losing yet another player.

Comment

• Heh. You might actually rather it this way, I suspect...

Comment

Working...
                                X