This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, so what exactly is Cuonzo Martin doing at Cal? ... "Cheating?"

Rumors are that Caleb Swannigan is committing to Cal (if there is a spot open).
    Add Ivan Rabb and Jalen Brown.
    I think there was another 5 star recruit Cal was suppose to get with Rabb, but he switched to another school recently.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Probably nothing. Rabb is a local kid and he's boys with the other 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        So, you basketball nuts in here .... How do you see this Battle commitment?

Big deal?

No big deal?

Some are saying Michigan now has the top rated 2016 class in the country now.

Fill me in here...
        Big deal. Hannibal might even be pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          Thornton specifically reclassified to go in and fill the spot of Tyus Jones. Almost a 0% chance of anything happening there.
          Yeah. He's now a 2015 recruit and probably will be in the NBA after a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            Gotta get a PG or two, and we need attrition at the center position. I think Davis will reclassify to 2017.
            Why do you think that?

Comment

• It's been rumored Davis might as he's quite young for his grade.

Comment

• yes, age basically.

And he is just beginning to make that jump to solid D1 status. Again Beilein is ahead of the curve, but he has a full bench now unlike when he took Caris LeVert. Davis wouldn't get much playing time next year, but his film gets better and better.

And what in the world is going on at Cal? Where did Cuonzo Martin coach before? Hey, if you are going to have a bunch of one-and-done players, what better place than Berkley. A lot of the regular students are one-and-done at that place. Tough school.

And when we talk of point guards, remember that Battle has an excellent handle. He could play PG in a pinch, but we need to recruit one this year for 2016.

Comment

• Martin was at Tennessee before. We beat his team last year in the tourney. He fielded a pretty big interior-focused team. Makes sense for what Swanigan says he wants to do, which is play 4 next to a bigger 5, and given Martin's Purdue connection.

Comment

• Good point about Battle having some combo-guard skills. Ultimately Beilein wants more than one player who can initiate offense off the dribble.

Comment

• Recent Austin Davis highlights:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02j5p7ul68"]Michigan Wolverine commit Austin Davis 2016 at the Adidas Gauntlet - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        Probably nothing. Rabb is a local kid and he's boys with the other 2.
                        It is an amazing class for Cal.

It sounds like Swanigan wants to play for Cal, but all the scholarships are used up. http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com...ource=twitter#

So unless that guy Cal is waiting on is "forced to go to junior college", Cal wouldn't have an opening for Swanigan.
                        If Kentucky is "heavily pursuing" Swanigan, it's my guess he goes there. My Boilermakers aren't that lucky to get a 5 star like Swanigan... Especially in a year where that might make Purdue a top 15 team. AJ Hammons would probably tear his ACL after Swanigan commits to Purdue (if that happens). That is Purdue sports...
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• and apparently Swanigan has committed to Purdue (for?) now.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good for Purdue and the B10.

Comment

• That's got to be their biggest recruit in 20 years.

Comment

• I'd go a little bit further than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X