Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes of course. It'll be quite possibly the most dispassionate laughing off of one's ass mankind has ever seen.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Indeed. M will continue to be able to compete with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina and Louisville.

LMAO.

Comment

• That is a fact. Well, my implied statement is a fact. The statement nearly explicits states M has not competed with Kentucky, Duke, UNC and Louisville and will not.

I concede, anything in the future is speculative. In this case, speculation based on ample evidence. But, if you want to make that case that M has been in the same class as UK, Duke, UNC and Louisville, feel free. My personal feeling is that 1 FF, 2 S16s and one shared regular season title in the past, well, 15 or so years doesn't really cut it.

Hence, I'm LMAO at any suggestion to the contrary -- though, I confess, I will fairly evaluate any argument contra.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So implying things using rhetoric = facts? That makes sense to you?

Comment

• And I'm not quite so sure why you boys are so uppity. If someone asked me, "is OSU in the class of UK, UNC, Duke and Louisville" in hoops, I would answer "no." And OSU certainly has far more facts to make the recent history case than M, but I still would say no, and I would do so without hesitation.

Comment

• Yes. We are so uppity. You are so calm; you and your facts. Hey look its you:

Comment

• Person #1: Barack Obama isn't the President of the US.

Person #2 Responding: Yeah, Barack Obama isn't the President of the US. LMAO.

I suppose the response could be a sterile, "No. He is." I see no substantive difference in response, rhetoric or not. Does that make sense to you?

Comment

• I'm too uppity to deal with your calmness and facts.

Comment

• Another correct statement. You're on a roll today.

Comment

• Talent's ability to stay calm is rooted in a mantra he repeats to himself:

Comment

• "LMAO". You're the one who took a simple comment, landing top 50 and 20 talent to COMPETE with them as "us" being in the same class historically. How you go from wanting to land good recruiting classes to comparing Sweet 16s and FFs is beyond me. That's basically trying to pick a fight.

Comment

• I don't view UNC, UK, Duke and Louisville as Michigan's "competition", at least any more than I view those schools as Butler's "competition".

I agree that M needs to stockpile top 20 players if they want to compete with the bluebloods; I disagree that the bluebloods are Michigan's "competition." I view M's competition as the B10.

My apologies for being so radical. Apparently, it's driven Hack to morph into OP with GIF-madness. Though, to his credit, in a more clever way.

Comment

• I think ultimately this is just a very sore spot with you. You have quite a bit invested in the notion that M is a middling basketball program and OSU historically more successful. Then again, and I would think these are facts although you may not classify them as such, but Michigan has been to the Final Four in five of the last six decades whereas you were absent from that spot for roughly 30 years.

So I think the confusion in this thread regarding facts and rhetoric can largely be explained by this topic being rather sensitive territory for you.

Comment

• This might have to move to the cesspool thread to stop from polluting this one...I've seen where this goes.

Comment

• Normally he does come closer to his image of himself as a dispassionate trafficker of verifiables when basketball is the topic.

Comment

• My apologies for commenting on this thread. Carry on with your vision of M hoops unfettered.

Comment

Working...
                                X