Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His composite ranking (24/7 sports) has him at #66. They also have him as a 100% Louisville lock but things can change.

I like his versatility from what I saw in those highlight videos. Reminds me a bit of Antoine Walker before he got fat and lazy. Maybe that's why Pitino is after him?

Comment

• Zimmerman does not look nearly as good live as he does on his (edited) film. I think maybe his film editor did a great job. On film he passed the ball well, but live, I have yet to see him make even an adequate pass.

Comment

• I've only seen the one game that was on ESPNU last weekend. He didn't do a whole lot but the guards on his team weren't playing very well. I certainly wasn't wowed but I figured it just was an off game. He's rated highly for a reason, I think.

Comment

• Jaylen Johnson looks worthy of an offer, apparently he just blossomed with his recent growth spurt.

Comment

• Staff might prefer the Bolden kid??

Comment

• You can't teach 6'9". Offer the kid.

Comment

• Trevon Bluiett will also (in addition to Kameron Chattman) be making his official visit for the ND game. Possibly some other recruits as well. Big weekend for Michigan!

Booker is coming on October 5th.

Comment

• I sure wish Hand would drop for Michigan. That might shake the trees for a couple more this year, and a few next year.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    Trevon Bluiett will also (in addition to Kameron Chattman) be making his official visit for the ND game. Possibly some other recruits as well. Big weekend for Michigan!

Booker is coming on October 5th.
                    As is DJ Wilson who'll probably get offered when he comes in.

Comment

• Hand & McDowell are taking official visits.

Comment

• Wrong sport, Liney.

Another guy on the 2014 radar is 6'8" SF/PF Devin Robinson. He's a late-riser that is ranked #24 on Rivals' list. It sounds like Michigan started going after him hard around the time that Looney dropped the Wolverines from his list. Could be just a coincidence but the timing seems to match up.

Devin Robinson’s recruiting stock has risen steadily over the last two years. The 6-foot-8 forward from Virginia was a relative unknown two summers ago before busting into the Top-100 nationally at the Reebok Breakout last July. His rise continued this spring and summer and he’s now rated as high as 24th by Rivals.com. He’s been on […]

Interesting stuff from his HS coach, regarding Coach Beilein's policy of not offering a kid until he gets on campus, as well as their approach in general.:

“To be honest, Beilein has been the one handling this contact, with me at least,” Thompson said. “I think it shows that he’s really invested in the kid. Not that I would mind talking to any of his assistants, but he’s really taken the lead role in this, and it’s been a priority for him, I guess.”

Thompson has been a longtime admirer of the way Michigan goes about its basketball recruiting, down to the refusal to offer a player until he makes it to campus.

“What’s really interesting is the way Michigan recruits in basketball: The way they handle their prospects, getting to really know them, not jumping the gun too quickly, really getting to know their prospects — what they do, what they do well, and really get to know them as people,” Thompson said. “I really appreciate that, their unique recruiting strategy. I think (Beilein) is just trying to tell Devin that he’s a real guy, there are other things that come besides basketball with the Michigan program, a good education, a family environment, excellent support, great facilities. I think he’s trying to get Devin to come visit and see what it’s all about.

“I think a prospect, they value that scholarship a little bit more, because of how much time a school is willing to invest in getting to know them, not just as a basketball prospect but as a person. And they get the right kind of kids that way, too. They’ve been able to win that way and you avoid some of that craziness that you can avoid if you recruit that way. You might miss out on a guy, but if you get the right guy you’re in good shape.”
                        Last edited by *JD*; August 21, 2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• oops, .. my bad

I guess I need to read the thread titles a bit closer .. :-)
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMk4N7TeiGA"]DON'T SLEEP Devin Robinson (2014) WILL BE A LOTTERY PICK - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I don't like doing this but straight from rivals on the '14 class:

Kameron Chatman - Rivals.com's No. 30 prospect nationally (6-7, 190) out of Long Beach Poly has a list of USC, Arizona, Michigan, Oregon and UConn. He took an unofficial visit to Southern Cal in late July and has set up official visits to Arizona, Oregon and Michigan for September, U-M during Notre Dame weekend.

Michigan seems to be chasing Arizona here, but here's the rub - is Chatman a Wildcats priority? We'll see if the U-M coaches can convince him to jump on board Sept. 7 weekend.

Devin Booker - The 6-5 shooting guard (No. 27) has four visits set, including Michigan, MSU, Kentucky and Missouri. He has mentioned the possibility of playing with point guard Tyler Ulis, who now has offers from both MSU and UK. Booker will visit MSU with Ulis and has Michigan third on his visit itinerary.

This appears to be an instate battle with Kentucky having a shot, too. Missouri appears to be fourth. We'd have bet on Michigan a few months ago, but now we'd call it 50-50.

Trevon Bluiett - The 6-5 small forward mixed it up and moved UCLA before Michigan on his official visits, fine as long as he doesn't commit to the Bruins. Then we like U-M's chances. Bluiett has Indiana, Butler and others on his list, but this seems like a two-team race. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he pledges Sept. 7 should he escape Los Angeles.

D.J. Wilson - The 6-9 Sacramento native is a late bloomer who suffered through a six-month back injury last year, but he has great upside. Some believe his film rivals that of No. 24 Devin Robinson, and East Coaster also on Michigan's radar (though U-M seems to be a long shot). Wilson has Columbia, Gonzaga and Michigan visits set, and we think the No. 150 prospect nationally could pledge in October if offered - and if U-M still has room for him at that point.

Jonah Bolden - The Australian and soon to be top 100 standout is at Findlay Prep in Nevada and has become a hot commodity. He grew up a Michigan fan, but he also has Nebraska ties. He's 6-8, 195 and extremely athletic with great upside. Bolden will have family on campus to look around in the near future - his dad played with former U-M great Glen Rice in high school.

Donte Grantham - Grantham decided to prep at Hargrave Military Academy, and he's had a great summer to move up to No. 73 in the rankings. He has ties to the Michigan coaching staff and is a likely one to visit at some point, at which point he could receive an offer. He was the player of the year in West Virginia and his offers from Texas, Rutgers, Clemson and WVU.

Jaylen Johnson - The Ypsilanti native is doing what he needs to do off the court to potentially earn an offer from the Wolverines. He recently visited with his mother and enjoyed it. He already holds an MSU offer.

The 6-8, 210-pounder is now Rivals.com's No. 64 senior after a big summer. He'll visit Iowa State (Sept. 13), Louisville (Sept. 20) and Oregon (Sept. 27). Florida State is also likely to get a visit, possibly Oct. 4. He's expected to decide early, and it could be for U-M if he receives an offer.

-

Sounds like Jaylen Johnson needs to do a bit more in the classroom to earn an offer from JB.

Comment

• Thanks for that...

Comment

Working...
                                X