No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If everyone would just stop drinking soda and eating ramen noodles this would all go away.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kids just say the darndest things sometimes!!!

Comment

• shaddup

hello
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My goal is to live 'till I'm 80 and get shot by a jealous husband.

Comment

• Trump wants military parades. Y'know, like they have in Moscow and Pyongyang.

In an interview Wednesday with the Washington Post, President-elect Donald Trump was asked just exactly how he plans to make good on his promise to make America great again. One potential he floated to the Post's Karen Tumulty: military parades in DC and New York showing off the armed forces' human and materiel strength. The Post

Comment

• This picture cracks me up.

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821772494864580614[/ame]

Comment

• This is pretty amusing but, in truth, I had no idea the maintenance of our nuclear arsenal was managed by the Dept. of Energy

Mr. Perry had believed that, as energy secretary, he would be a global ambassador for oil and gas. In reality, he would be overseeing nuclear weapons.

WASHINGTON — When President-elect Donald J. Trump offered Rick Perry the job of energy secretary five weeks ago, Mr. Perry gladly accepted, believing he was taking on a role as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry that he had long championed in his home state.

In the days after, Mr. Perry, the former Texas governor, discovered that he would be no such thing — that in fact, if confirmed by the Senate, he would become the steward of a vast national security complex he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.

Comment

• For Mr. Moniz, the future of nuclear science has been a lifelong obsession; he spent his early years working at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. Mr. Perry studied animal husbandry and led cheers at Texas A&M University.

Wow how catty.

Comment

• Today in questioning, Betty DeVos didn't know the difference between proficiency and growth in education.

Comment

• She probably knows about maximizing shareholder value though, which is the true test for any education system.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Today in questioning, Betty DeVos didn't know the difference between proficiency and growth in education.
                        Doesn't matter. Most of the republicans will be salivating to do the nation what DeVos did to Michigan.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Today in questioning, Betty DeVos didn't know the difference between proficiency and growth in education.
                          froot: She didn't testify today. I watched her 3.5-hour hearing gavel to gavel yesterday, and no such thing happened. You should really watch events in real time rather than relying on Kos or HuffPo.

I'd also suggest reading this editorial

There is also a 4th-grade teacher in Williamston that I know really well who is going to get his ass burned for a note he sent to his pupil's parents, explaining that the community was so conservative that he was not going to let his students watch Trump's speech. Teachers like him and like Whitley should just get out of Michigan and go to CA. In that land of fruits and nuts, they can make about a $ 30,000/9 mo. salary that will almost pay their rent. That progressive heaven has the worst school system in the nation.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; January 18, 2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            froot: She didn't testify today. I watched her 3.5-hour hearing gavel to gavel, and no such thing happened.
                            Wait. What are you saying didn't happen?
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• AL Franken asked the question, she didn't have a clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                She probably knows about maximizing shareholder value though, which is the true test for any education system.
                                Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X