Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    I don't know if you remember pre-bottle bill in Michigan, but the roads were covered in bottles and cans. Making those suckers worth a dime was all it took to clean them up.

Has Michigan fixed the garage trucks losing trash as they drive down the interstate? One of my favorite sites... no, not really.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      I don't know if you remember pre-bottle bill in Michigan, but the roads were covered in bottles and cans. Making those suckers worth a dime was all it took to clean them up.
      I think it came out when I was in 4th or 5th grade, so I didn't quite have the "experience" that you did. I imagined that's the way it was in Michigan before the bottle bill. The ditches in Missouri were full of those cans.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I think it came out when I was in 4th or 5th grade, so I didn't quite have the "experience" that you did. I imagined that's the way it was in Michigan before the bottle bill. The ditches in Missouri were full of those cans.
        I remember walking down the ditches looking for $.02 bottles when I was a kid, but then they quit selling those and the ditches were full of trash.

When they put the dime refund on all of the bottles and cans, there wasn't a can or bottle to be found.

We had to establish beer bottle etiquette. Do you leave your beer bottles at a party or take them home? Ha!

It's a good law. I'm sure Geezer was opposed to it.
        Last edited by CGVT; March 1, 2017, 02:51 PM.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• when we first moved to Michigan, the bottle deposit was something new to us... hated it. Constantly had to hold onto bottles or cans to get my money back. When we left Michigan, I missed it. Forced some good behaviors and you are correct.. cans were not just tossed into the trash or left in a parking lot after a tailgate (with the exception of people from out of town who wouldn't return them... but they were quickly picked up by someone)
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There are now 58 gender options on facebook
            surely nurses with hats chaps and boots falls into one of those options

Comment

• Damn right Skynyrd is a symphony. Even have a whole guitar section.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                There are now 58 gender options on facebook
                This is a useful factoid for anyone who is still mystified by the rise of Donald Trump.

Comment

• NYC officially recognizes 31: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/cchr/dow...D_Card2015.pdf

If FB is up to 58 then it appears NYC is being rather bigoted.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Still discriminating against male>LLC. Shameful.

Comment

• Along those same lines -- the video game developers' conference (GDC) is ditching trivial matters like gameplay, technical performance, and graphics to focus on more important features of video games.

Last edited by Hannibal; March 1, 2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if you remember pre-bottle bill in Michigan, but the roads were covered in bottles and cans. Making those suckers worth a dime was all it took to clean them up.
                        True.

Comment

• DHS has found only $20M that can be re-directed towards building the Beautiful Wall

Comment

• White House staff have been ordered to preserve all records related to Russia

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/837091662396534784[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                White House staff have been ordered to preserve all records related to Russia

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...russia-records
                                Well I'm sure there will be compliance at a satisfactory rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X