No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems you miss that period in which I called you by your real name. Moderators, can you put this one on a leash and wipe up the drool please?

Comment

• God damn Hack, you're kind of among friends, no need to go postal.

We'd like just a little information for our files, ultimately we'd like for you to learn to help yourself.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Sorry, sssailor. I bet you sure would like it if someone put something in your, um, folder...

Comment

• Look around all you see are sympathetic eyes.....

stroll around the grounds until you feel at home....
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Lovely stockings you've got there, OP. But this is making me uncomfortable.

Comment

• Quiet, Hack ... I'm still learning the words from "Mrs. Robinson" ...

... proceed, OP ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hack comes from a proud lineage of gay men it appears Liney, obviously he is predisposed to emotional outbursts too.

Point of order Hack, how on earth do you guys perpetuate the bloodline? General terms, no grizzly details, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  It seems you miss that period in which I called you by your real name. Moderators, can you put this one on a leash and wipe up the drool please?
                  Sorry, the leashes are all gone---several were used on a poodle that proceeded to chew thru the leash each and every time. Damn dog!

Someone else (I think he said his name was Rick or Paul or Todd or...who knows, something about using them for whips, that part of it isn't important, I guess) borrowed the rest of them and there are none left in the supply room.

As for the wiping up of the drool, who let their St. Bernard run loose? Poodles aren't known for drooling anything like that St. Bernard that was my responsibility when I was a Frat Boy Pledge, damn, that was a messy job cleaning up after that dog...

OP, know anything about those leashes? What about you, Liney? Or maybe it was Talent...

:-)
                  Last edited by Rob F; September 23, 2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Nope. Sounds like Hack's exclusive bailiwick.

Comment

• Final attempt. It seems OP misses the abuse. Maybe he wants to see if he can handle it better this time. As for me, I'd rather banter with someone as gay as I am. Can some other man here give OP what he wants? I'd be very appreciative.

Comment

• Hack, you've got a tormented soul. You may need to go on Dr. Phil like Manti Te'o and get liberated.

Comment

• New California youth football mercy rule inflames parental passions, but not in the way you think

Usually, when a mercy rule becomes a bone of contention it's because the policy isn't instituted soon enough, until after a game is already far out of reach. Yet in one Northern California community the opposite is unfolding, with parents furious about a new rule that they feel is cheating their children and coaches of football and money wasted on fines.

As reported by Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA, the Northern California Federation Youth Football League (NCFYFL) instituted stiff new penalties for any teams that beat opponents by 35 points or more. Specifically, those teams will be fined $200 and their coaches will be suspended from all league activities for two weeks. The penalty is a drastic change for the league of 7-13 year-olds, which previously issued teams with a warning following such blowouts and required a written description that detailed what the victorious team had done to try and keep scores low.

Similar penalties are occasionally installed by other youth leagues, but they usually don't kick in until the disparity in score between the teams is almost twice as much as the 35 points being used by the NCFYFL.

With the new, harsher penalties, some players have begun insisting that their development is being hurt. One team has stopped attempting any field goals, leaving kicker James McHugh unable to attempt any scoring kicks except points after touchdowns. That's a problem for a 13-year-old who hopes to serve as a high school placekicker in fall 2014.

McHugh's mother, Kelly McHugh, told KCRA that players on her son's team are afraid to score once they get a lead for fear that their coaches will be penalized and the team won't be able to play the following week.

"Now they are afraid their coaches are going to get suspended and they are not going to have a coach to come out here and play football," McHugh told KCRA.

Naturally, the controversial issue has advocates on both sides, with NCFYFL Deputy Commissioner Robert Rochin claiming the rule is a pro-active attempt to keep more kids interested in the sport while teaching others how to be good sports.

"We lose a lot of football players because their teams lose so badly," Rochin told KCRA. "If they are constantly getting beat, who wants to play anymore? We lose kids all season long because of that.

"It's not hurting the kids, it's teaching them compassion for the other team. It's teaching them sportsmanship."

Usually, when a mercy rule becomes a bone of contention it's because the policy isn't instituted soon enough, until after a game is already far out of reach. Yet in one Northern California community the opposite is unfolding, with parents furious about a new rule that they feel is cheating their children and coaches of football and money wasted on fines. Continue reading →
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Just stop keeping score...

:::rolls eyes:::
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A 35 point mercy rule is dumb. On any level. A few years back we had a visiting HS team take a knee three times on the one with roughly a minute left in the game as to not run the score up. Leading by example teaches the best lessons.

Beating someone 76-0 simply provides an object lesson to children that sometimes very good coaches are also classless goons. They should be regarded with well deserved disgust, not glorified as they are in Kentucky's upper peninsula.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yeah I apologize to all those who love & respect the game of football that we did not start taking a knee in the 2nd quarter and continue to do so for the rest of the game. I know that's what Michigan did in their games against UMass and Delaware State, but, well, Michigan sets the standard for class acts.

Comment

Working...
                                X