No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw someone on a leftist news channel was comparing what happened yesterday in the NFL to MLK's protests from the 60's...Good Lord there are some dumb fuckers out there...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I guess I should reconsider my opinion, but correct.

What they don't actually get is that if they are letting the protest morph into an anti-DJT protest. Players are now shitting on the national anthem to, more or less, sling poo back at DJT. He's won.

Football is way more of a red state sport than blue state. And I think the fans are particularly happy with the players expressing their dislike for DJT via the anthem. That doesn't sit well.

And they can ivory tower this shit to death in their ESPN/CNN echo chamber, but I think the facts on the ground are beyond their comprehension -- in the sense that I doubt they even know anyone who voted for DJT.

So, that's my general take, almost surely wrong.
      Yeah, not sure I agree with that take. Trump has moved the argument away from this being a BLM issue to a free speech issue. It's no longer just about Kaepp and his cause being unworthy...it's now about saying no protest by football players can be legit. I mean, Tom Brady was down there locking arms and Bob Kraft openly criticized Trump.

Also, PRO football is much more of a blue state sport...though football at every level, I'd agree.

Comment

• Also, WaPo database on police shootings: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2017/

They actually track "toy weapon" -- poor Tamir Rice. For 2017, 10 white folks killed with a toy weapon; 5 black folks.

2017 is tracking almost identical to 2015 and 2016.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• On a more serious note, I know they say things like this all the time, but NK now claims that the US has declared war on them and that being the case, has the right to shoot down US planes flying over international waters. The first part is typical bluster. The second part has me a bit worried.

Comment

• Yeah, not sure I agree with that take. Trump has moved the argument away from this being a BLM issue to a free speech issue. It's no longer just about Kaepp and his cause being unworthy...it's now about saying no protest by football players can be legit. I mean, Tom Brady was down there locking arms and Bob Kraft openly criticized Trump.

Also, PRO football is much more of a blue state sport...though football at every level, I'd agree.
            I'm not wed to my take. It's probably wrong.

As for the NFL, I think it's still more red than blue, but obviously way less than CFB.

Either way, the Prog CW is that DJT stepped in it -- again, as he has been doing for the past 2 years. I'm a little gun shy to say that any more after being so wrong so often. Maybe it's a reach -- probably is, but if every "CW" politics opinion I've had about DJT over the past 2 years has been wrong, then the opposite would have to be true. Costanza me!

Comment

• On a more serious note, I know they say things like this all the time, but NK now claims that the US has declared war on them and that being the case, has the right to shoot down US planes flying over international waters. The first part is typical bluster. The second part has me a bit worried.
              Yeah, that's not borderline meaningless water cooler shit. That's real.

Fucking Germans. Nothing ever changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                On a more serious note, I know they say things like this all the time, but NK now claims that the US has declared war on them and that being the case, has the right to shoot down US planes flying over international waters. The first part is typical bluster. The second part has me a bit worried.
                :::cancels trip to Masikryong Ski Resort:::
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No, Wiz, don't cancel. I'm sure it will be fine.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Well, when you actually push back against SOME social "injustice" issue then maybe I'll believe you that you're not out begging forgiveness.

As for Ferguson, it was shitty. I'm still not sure how a 70% AA community elected those tools, but whatever. The idea that local government rapes it citizens via parking tickets doesn't surprise me. It's just sad. I'm generally not a fan of pure disparate impact, but in that case I think it was disparate enough to stand up. I think the solution (police should be representative of their community) is awful. Seeing as how wealthier communities pay more, I'd hate to see AAs excluded from those jobs because of demographics.

All of that is well and good, but it's an anecdotal, IMO, in relation to the macro discussion. So, yeah, Ferguson was shitty. Is Ferguson representative? I don't think it is. I assume you do or wouldn't raise it as a point. We disagree.

Semi-related to Ferguson, the only study to look at police shootings by race still says AAs are not more likely than Whites to get shot. And in 2016, I think 7 unarmed AAs that were not fleeing the scene were fatally shot by police (13 white folks). So, you know, 20 too many, but injustice?

Of course, the real discrimination is gender-based, right? 923 men killed by police in 2016; 40 women!
                    I said Ferguson but the Baltimore report was just as bad.

The reason I brought up saying it was something they know about, I surely wasn't saying, "they're black you're white" as you implied. It was in response to Wizard saying some of them don't know what they are protesting. In this case they probably do. They have probably had some experience or no somebody who has. You're way of shutting down the conversation is to call someone an SJW and walk away.
                    Last edited by froot loops; September 25, 2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• so 720 killed by police
                      620 were armed no problems there
                      60 of the remaining unarmed were white so that leaves 40 unarmed black men shot--20 were mentally ill or lunged at the officers weapons not that it matters

bottom line if you listen to what the officer asks you to do you wont be shot--if you continue to ignore or resist the officer you could get shot. My dad told me that when I was 10--doesn't everybody else no that

further articale from washington post--3x more likely to get shot if your white these days in exact situations when facing cops according to study

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        On a more serious note, I know they say things like this all the time, but NK now claims that the US has declared war on them and that being the case, has the right to shoot down US planes flying over international waters. The first part is typical bluster. The second part has me a bit worried.
                        Our idiotic approach to NK.

Comment

• You're way of sting down the conversation is to call someone an SJW and walk away
                          Well, actually, I dismantle their position and then I walk away. But, close.

Also, my initial snark was generally aimed. But, it was snark, so I started it today.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            No, Wiz, don't cancel. I'm sure it will be fine.
                            Seconded.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              No, Wiz, don't cancel. I'm sure it will be fine.
                              Ya think? Cool...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't know if there is a problem, although I suspect there is. With that said, I think it's a legitimate question that should be investigated and considered. It seems like Team Red largely refuses to do so.

I mean, just last week a cop said " we are gonna kill" a guy. Then they kill the guy and the court just overlooks the evidence to find him not guilty. That is ok and the way the system works, but I don't think that a black defendant gets that benefit of the doubt. (I'm not sure that any non cop gets that benefit of the doubt.)

And yes you are right. The police killing 20 people who have toy guns is too damn many. It needs to be addressed and fixed. That's all anyone wants.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X