No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwinding what regulations? They hit Dodd/Frank Section 1504 as a top priority, but that was a move to undo something coming in the future, not something that was already hurting businesses. Coal production has actually fallen this year. Those are the two regs he's talked about the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Unwinding what regulations? They hit Dodd/Frank Section 1504 as a top priority, but that was a move to undo something coming in the future, not something that was already hurting businesses. Coal production has actually fallen this year. Those are the two regs he's talked about the most.
      considering there have been 2-3,000 new regulations on the books each year adding 70-80,000 new pages of rules over the past several years, the fact that there hasn't been many new regulations is a massive win.

Comment

• Hack, I can only tell you the ones that affect my business.

The "clean water act" rules that meant that, basically, every piece of land in the country was "wetland" is no longer being enforced. In fact, some regulators have gone back to the statutory "navigable waters of the US" as their proper jurisdiction.

Another rule change to Dodd-Frank no longer requires that I become or use a "certified mortgage originator" in order to sell my own land on a land contract. A CMO is responsible for ascertaining that a buyer (mortgagor) is not paying more than 43% of his income in long-term obligations. I did that intuitively anyway, but the penalty for not using a CMO is ALL amounts of money paid in the most recent 7 years have to be returned to the mortgagee.

Do you remember when the EPA official said they treated developers like the persons that the Romans crucified on the entry road to towns that rebelled? In my business, the EPA officials are far less hostile.

Another massive change is that the enviro-Nazis would sue the EPA, and the DOJ would sign a "settlement" which would "require" that the EPA do things "for" the environment that they could never obtain Congress' permission to do. Massive payments were also given from the government to the enviro-Nazis in these settlements.

Yesterday, the DOJ settled with the 460 or so Tea Party groups that were targeted by the Obama IRS. Formal apologies were given. Hack, how would you feel if the government settled with these groups for, say, a billion dollars each? That type of stuff was happening all through the Obama years. Holder/Lynch would settle with banks for one reason or the other, but the banks could either pay a fine of say $ 5 B, or they could make a tax-deductible contribution in the same amount. They obviously made the contribution, but only to a select list of charities like ACORN or Planned Parenthood.

All Trump is doing is going back to following the law. Yet you guys are so blinded with power-lust that when I tell Jeff that Trump was doing something on THE date specified in law 25 years ago, he still hangs on to his belief that there is some nasty underlying motive.

Comment

• OK, again, Trump made a big deal out of those two areas. First on his list. Both have proven to have had no impact, and in both cases there was no reason to expect they would.

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Geezer not all of those things are regulatory burdens lifted, nor is there a reasonable expectation that a dropped qualification for a real-estate transaction is going to juice the economy. Which, well, none of these things have. You know how to read a chart. If Trump is killing regulations, or not adding many new ones, or whatever, the trendline suggests that doing so isn't going to make a difference. The economy is doing what it's doing, and has been since recovery from the financial crisis.

Comment

• Fake News!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  STFU
                  But, to be clear, those were the regulations he said were most important to kill. He says killing regulations is important to stimulate economic growth, and led off with two he knew wouldn't.

Comment

• per CNN of all networks
                    Obama is a major part of this also

The Justice Department on Wednesday authorized the former informant to disclose to the chairmen and ranking members of the Senate judiciary, House oversight and House intelligence committees, as well as one member of each of their staffs, "any information or documents he has concerning alleged corruption or bribery involving transactions in the uranium market, including but not limited to anything related to Vadim Mikerin, Rosatom, Tenex, Uranium One, or the Clinton Foundation," Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores confirmed in a statement.

they are giving the informant immunity to testify to those committees --original investigation delayed by 4 years courtesy of many of those dems in power at the time and a few still active investigating on the Mueller commission

guess trumps crooked Hillary nickname is proving to be accurate

Comment

• She's not president.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        She's not president.
                        John Lewis will not be happy to hear that

Comment

• Looks as if he triggered all of you snowflakes

Comment

• She is the Emanuel Goldstein of the MAGAs.

Comment

• A friend of mine bought a jeep today with a rooftop tent. If you're campers, this shit is pretty cool. Don't really have to worry about spiders and snakes and apparently bears and mountain cats leave them alone.

Took us 15 minutes to set the tent up and it was our first time.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Interesting. How does it perform in Wiz prevention?

Comment

Working...
                                X