No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Alan Thicke. Had a massive heart attack while playing hockey with his son. Feel for the kid too, Jeez.

Comment

• I'm prepared to admit that convention in all matters of state and domestic policy may be outdated and ineffective in achieving one's domestic and international objectives and unconventional behavior may have some benefit in advancing them and/or problem solving.

There is no proof of that and more proof that ignoring history and reasonable calculations based on it results in rather bad outcomes. But Geezer has enlightened us about the value of informed prediction such as that attributable to the likes of Albert Einstein and others.

We should all be hoping Trump is as enlightened in his view of the world and how things should be done as Einstein was about physics and the predictability of outcomes based on mathematics..........cough, cough.

I'm not hopeful.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think what he is arguing is you can only listen to the people who can correctly pick the stock market or college football.

Comment

• @blainefentress: NEW: Morehead St. Head Coach Sean Woods has been charged w/ Battery following a halftime fight in a locker room with players here in EVV.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Geez

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              @blainefentress: NEW: Morehead St. Head Coach Sean Woods has been charged w/ Battery following a halftime fight in a locker room with players here in EVV.
              I heard one the players insulted Nick Saban's hair. As such, I expect the coach to be exonerated forthwith and the offending post-Millennial grub to be dispatched from school with great haste and fanfare. As it should be, so it shall be done.

Comment

• Oh, he got what was coming to him. Don't wanna be slapped like a bitch, then don't dis Saban's hair like a bitch.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yer daaaaaamn right.

Comment

• An article about the racial makeup of, and parental satisfaction with, various types of schools (district, charter, and private).

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      An article about the racial makeup of, and parental satisfaction with, various types of schools (district, charter, and private).

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-e...nts-1481588677
                      Paywalled.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Geez
                        I'm here you toothless moron.

Comment

• well, let's try this:

Harvard study. Lots of interesting demographic information in the article. For example:

What we found is that parents with children in private schools are more likely to be homeowners, have higher incomes and college degrees. But charter parents, as compared with parents of students in public schools, have lower incomes, less education and are less likely to be homeowners. Twenty-one percent of charter parents are black and 36% are Hispanic, as compared with 10% and 25% in the public schools.

Comment

• GSA says Trump must sell/divest himself of his brand spanking new DC hotel or be found in violation of his lease

Comment

well, let's try this:

Harvard study. Lots of interesting demographic information in the article. For example:
                              Nope ...... the only way you can read the article is to subscribe to the WSJ. But, no worries, I get the point of it.

I'd like to read the whole thing but if you are advancing the argument that plenty of poor black folks send their kids to charter schools I don't think that makes irrelevant the point that some hold here that charter schools (1) are business operations with profit as the primary objective, (2) that alone makes it questionable that this particular public interest (education of American youth) can be placed in the hands of private ownership.

Comment

I'm here you toothless moron.
                                Correct

Comment

Working...
                                X