No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook later apologized for this, but expect a lot worse behavior than this when they bring home the NC.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQdUlfXcWWg"]Michigan St. QB Connor Cook Straight Up Disrespects Archie Griffin, Snatches Trophy Out Of His Hand - YouTube[/ame]

You ohio guys ... "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". .. Right?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I thought someone mentioned Cook had leadership questions a couple of months ago when he wasn't elected captain.
      Cook is not worth a high draft pick.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Top six teams:

1. Clemson
        2. Alabama
        3. Stanford
        4. Ohio State
        5. Oklahoma
        6. MSU

Stanford with back-to-back wins over Notre Dame and USC. Urban Meyer is no doubt pissed at himself for being afraid of the rain. Best team in the B1G, and maybe the country, was sleepwalking all season. MSU beaten by (Michigan) and Nebraska struggles to beat a a vastly overrated Iowa team.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• #1 Clemson
          #2 Alabama
          #3 OU
          #4 MSU

I think we know the #1 and #4 seeds. I think Alabama has the edge on #2 but who knows.

Contrast in offensive styles? Definitely. 2 Pro-Style offenses, 1 spread (read option), and OU probably Air Raid.

Something I'm seeing emerge as a key ingredient to playoff contention is stifling defense. I don't think that's new but in the age of explosive offenses, you need an explosive, butt kicking defense to contend.

Funny but in order of playoff teams with that capability you almost have to reverse them: #1 MSU, #2Bama, #3 OU, #4 Clemson. That's by eyeball test. By FEI the results are OU #2 Nationally (1.02), Bama #3 (1.05), Clemson #7 (0.87), MSU #21 (0.56). I'd still give MSU the edge on defense based on their last couple of games.

Just as an aside, osu ranks 10th nationally by FEI defense and overall beats all the current contenders in combined FEI rank (#3)......... shameful that urbz let MSU beat them. By eyeball test, osu is clearly the best CFB team in the land right now. But they won't be at the table.

If Conner Cook is healthy, MSU wins it all. If not, it's The Nick.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
            Top six teams:

1. Clemson
            2. Alabama
            3. Stanford
            4. Ohio State
            5. Oklahoma
            6. MSU

Stanford with back-to-back wins over Notre Dame and USC. Urban Meyer is no doubt pissed at himself for being afraid of the rain. Best team in the B1G, and maybe the country, was sleepwalking all season. MSU beaten by (Michigan) and Nebraska struggles to beat a a vastly overrated Iowa team.

State beat OSU in their house but doesn't get credit
            State beat UM in their house but doesn't get credit
            Their loss to Nebraska was just as flukey as the UM win but don't get credit
            State has the 4 best wins of any playoff team or non playoff team but don't get credit

and you wonder why we carry that chip on our shoulder.

I love that Paul Finebaum said Bama would breathe a sigh of relief if they draw State today. Fuel for the fire.

They day you guys give State credit is when I'll be worried.
            Forever One!

Comment

• I gave them credit. I placed them #6 in the nation. My list isn't who should get in. My list is who I believe are the six best teams right now. I don't wonder why MSU carries that chip on their shoulders. It's motivational. I expected MSU to dominate Iowa because Iowa has one impressive win all year - versus Northwestern. They were only ranked so high because they were unbeaten. They beat Illinois by 9, Minnesota by 5, and Nebraska by 8. They needed Stave to fall down and fumble to beat Wisconsin and a 57 yd. FG to beat Pitt. Did not expect MSU to need an epic drive to beat them.
              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 6, 2015, 10:52 AM.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Lots of um fans have given state and dantonio credit. However, when dantonio comes out and says God is on their side, and taunts um fans, and allows his players to taunt the student sections (at both um and osu) it kind of turns people off. And yes, we have not given msu credit for the win at um this year because it was a victory on one of the flukiest and luckiest plays ever. Plus, you are posting in a um forum. What do you honestly think you're going to get?

Comment

• Pride before the fall". That's a bold statement. And a hard one to live up to. It seems Dantonio is flirting with the being an elite and getting carried away. No more chip on the shoulder, looking up to big brother ...let's see bow they do in the limelight now.

Comment

• Ohio State might have the most talented roster... Most future high draft picks...
                    BUT they do not deserve a playoff spot after losing to MSU in Columbus without Cook playing.
                    They finished in 3rd place in the B10...

It's Clemson, Bama, MSU, and Oklahoma. No doubt.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Ohio State might have the most talented roster... Most future high draft picks...
                      BUT they do not deserve a playoff spot after losing to MSU in Columbus without Cook playing.
                      They finished in 3rd place in the B10...

It's Clemson, Bama, MSU, and Oklahoma. No doubt.
                      ^^^ This.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'd seed them #1 Clemson, #2 Sparty, #3 Alabama, #4 Oklahoma.

Sparty is winning this thing. Brace yourselves.

Comment

• Tough to know how good the Big XII teams are when the top teams in the conference played next to no one out-of-conference. Bottom half of the Big XII was awful, offering little upset opportunities...

I might put Stanford in the CFP over Oklahoma.

Comment

• They day you guys give State credit is when I'll be worried.
                            I think there's a difference between receiving credit, and gaining respect.

Respect is earned thru positive actions. We've well established why that kind of respect is not shown from UM fans to MSU.

Credit is what I think most of us have done here. MSU has won the games they've won fair and square, with a little luck, and a lot of "being in the right place (game, week) at the right time. For instance, there's NO WAY that MSU beats OSU in Columbus, if OSU had played them, the way they played us. No way. OSU wins that by two touchdowns if they "found" themselves a week earlier. But, again .. they were playing OSU at the right time. They were down, and played like it. Win for MSU.

MSU's season is FULL of games, where they caught their opponent at the right time(s). They caught Oregon at the right time. They "found" themselves against Purdue at the right time, .. they "found" the BALL at the right time vs Michigan, they played OSU at the right time. It goes on. They get "credit" for those wins, ... but the RESPECT that MSU players, coaches and fans CRAVE from Michigan, .. is something that must be earned by ACTIONS other than scoring points. I think you guys know where that begins.

Coach Dantonio famously said that "pride comes before a fall". He's brought his team, and himself dangerously close to being a team that fits that profile perfectly.

Comment

• I explain it as Sparty and their fans have the worst inferiority complex known to man.

Comment

• Well, there is that ...

Comment

Working...
                                X