Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
    22 carries in a preseason game? That doesn't seem likely. But I can't find any info on the date the game was played, so maybe.

EDIT: Nope. Regular season game. October 22, 2000.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0010220cin.htm
    Yup. I remember because that was on my bday!

That was the day James Stewart ran for over 100 yds and 3 TDs against TB.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Grand jury doesn?t indict Tyrunn Walker for sexual assault
      Posted by Josh Alper on August 3, 2017, 10:46 AM EDT

A Louisiana grand jury has decided not to indict former Rams defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker after Walker was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in New Orleans earlier this year.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the grand jury returned with what?s known as ?no true bill? after hearing evidence about the matter. The decision means they found that evidence insufficient for Walker to be indicted.

Walker was released by the Rams in June just before news of the investigation into the allegations made against Walker became public. Rapoport reports that NFL teams have been informed of the grand jury?s decision as Walker tries to find a place to play during the 2017 season.

Walker spent the last two seasons with the Lions and had 26 tackles in 15 appearances for Detroit last season. He signed with the Rams as a free agent in March.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Vikings left tackle Riley Reiff still missing with back problem
        Posted by Darin Gantt on August 3, 2017, 7:33 AM EDT

The Vikings invested a $59 million contract in Riley Reiff as part of their offseason offensive line overhaul.

But at the moment, Reiff isn’t even watching practice.

Via Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the veteran tackle has missed five straight days of practice since being carted off with a back problem last week.

Reiff came over from the Lions in free agency to replace departed left tackle Matt Kalil, and they also spent free agent dollars on former Panthers right tackle Mike Remmers.

Reiff watched practice from the sideline previously, but wasn’t present yesterday.

“He’s here,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “[It’s] just, standing around with the back isn’t very good.”

Zimmer said Reiff was improving, but might be several days away from a return.

In his absence, the Vikings are getting a longer look at Rashod Hill, who they claimed off Jacksonville’s practice squad last year.

Comment

• Logan Thomas is continuing to make the transition from quarterback to tight end at Bills camp.

Thomas is the tight end in training camp who has created the most buzz. He has consistently caught the ball well and made some head-turning plays, such as on Wednesday, when he easily out-jumped two defenders to grab a 25-yard Taylor throw in the middle of the field. Thomas also has gotten some first-team action while Clay has rested.

"He's a big guy, for sure, a big target going down the middle of the field," Taylor said. "He made a strong catch (Wednesday). There were three people there at the same time. It was almost like one person. He's a talented guy."

But that talent as a tight end has largely been unknown. The Bills signed Thomas off of the Detroit Lions' practice squad last Nov. 30. He didn't see any action with the Bills. The idea was to find out what kind of fit he might be in the future, and although the general manager (Doug Whaley) and coach (Rex Ryan) who brought him in have since been fired, Thomas did enough during offseason workouts to stick around and continue developing his skills at his new position.

Comment

• I wonder is Levy is swimming with sharks or living in the rainforest full time these days.
            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Seems to be enjoying himself.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
                I wonder is Levy is swimming with sharks or living in the rainforest full time these days.
                Nope. Probably moved to Hawaii to have better access to volcano sledding.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

On NFL channels Training Camp Live show this morning they did a segment on Calvin Johnson being on the field at Dolphins training camp. I did not get to hear the audio, just saw the video and graphics.

Did he get hired as an assistant Coach for the Fish?

Comment

• Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter [ame="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/894595273447616512"]42m42 minutes ago[/ame]

WR Anquan Boldin agreed to deal with Bills last week, backed out, and then decided today to take the one-year deal worth up to $4 million.

Comment

• Calvin Johnson spending “a little bit” of time with Dolphins wideouts
                      Posted by Josh Alper on August 8, 2017, 7:47 AM EDT

Calvin Johnson has shown no signs of wanting to return to the field since announcing his retirement before the 2016 season, but he is still spending some time around the game.

Johnson is in Miami this week and spending what Dolphins coach Adam Gase called “a little bit” of time with the team’s receivers. Johnson played for Dolphins wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson in Detroit and wide receiver Kenny Stills said Johnson’s presence has been a beneficial one.

“It’s amazing having him here,” Stills said, via the Miami Herald. “He comes right in and feels like he can speak to what we’re doing, give us tips and pointers here and there. He’s a special player. If any of us can do what he did, we’re on the right track.”

Doing what Johnson did would be a tall order for almost every receiver, but learning from one of the best can still pay dividends even if an exact replica remains out of reach.

Comment

• Tanks Future.

Comment

• I'm still trying to fugure out what CJ did that is so great?

He had inflated stats in a passing era and had 1 decent stat playoff game in which his team lost 45-28.

His big stat season in 2012 with122 catches and 1954 yards had only 5 TD's on the board.

Herman Moore once had 123 catches for 1686 yards and 14TD's. He also had 3 consecutive seasons with over 100 catches (not just 1). Admittedly, he also had very little individual success in 7 playoff games.

I just don't get the accolades. I know why he gets them, it's called marketing. COME SEE MEGATRON! Nah, chuck and luck offenses don't work for this fan. It's too uneven.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Oh, you're just pickin a fight now.

Take it to the argument thread! <ducks the shoe as I dip out of the room>

Comment

• CJ is the suckiest suck to ever suck.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Oh, you're just pickin a fight now.

Take it to the argument thread! <ducks the shoe as I dip out of the room>
                                No, I'm not.

I've been adamant that you do not build around a WR and that I am old school fan that still believes that come January, being able to run to pass and stop the run on D gives a team a chance every year to compete well into January.

Being one dimensional will get you a one and done.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X