No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are reset after the quarters so that top players can avoid being suspended for the final. Obviously if top players are sent off after two yellows in the semi, they miss the final anyway. Came into fruition after Xabi Alonso missed the Champions League final couple of years ago.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah well Aaron Ramsey is going to miss the semis and will make it harder for Wales to make the finals. 5 games just seems like a lot to only get 1 yellow.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I actually like the rule myself. The squads are large. True champions should have strength on the bench and if Wales have intentions of winning this tournament, they should have a suitable Aaron Ramsay replacement. Countries like Italy and Germany don't flinch when a player misses a game; they have it covered. Saying that, if Wales lost Bale, they'd be fucked.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Germany through on pens v Italy.

Pelle mouthing off before his spot kick........ Letting Neuer know where he was going to put it? Then missed the fucking target? Arsehole.

Comment

• And now, finally, the UK's Brexit from the Euro is complete.

Comment

• Boom tish

Comment

• As I popped into the bar at the pub to get a drink between games of Aunt Sally (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Sally) a couple of weeks ago, it occurred to me that as far as soccer is concerned I have become the type of fan I have read about on here. Those once staunch Lions fans who have better things to do like mow the lawn on gameday. I have watched about 2 hours in total of all the games played at the Euros. Caught a few minutes of Englands first game, surprised they actually passed without panicking. Saw some of the Iceland game at the pub, reverted to type and struggled to pass without panic.
                We won Aunt Sally that night and are sitting top of the League, get to meet up with old neighbours and friends, time well invested
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAe3rWeBdEM"]Aunt Sally (1963) - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by NewOrleansLion; July 8, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Proof that something new is learnt everyday......, never heard of Aunt Sally. I thought Una Stubbs in Worzel Gummidge was the one and only Aunt Sally! But excellent that your team are top o' the league.

That's not so good regarding the soccer though, Dean; it's been a decent tournament, some top quality games. Hopefully you'll get along to a few Oxford United games this coming season in League One. 'Mon the U's!

Comment

• Might be another 100 years, SO, FUCK IT........

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qugBh2iz6YA[/ame]

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well done Hibbees! At least it happened in your lifetime, Marko. Maybe you will bring good luck to the Lions now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                            Maybe you will bring good luck to the Lions now.
                            Too right, Bimmer........., I'm off to get that "believe, assholes" thread fkn jumpin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Too right, Bimmer........., I'm off to get that "believe, assholes" thread fkn jumpin!
                              Get 'em GuitarMarko!

Comment

• Congratulations to Portugal.

Does this win make Christiano Ronaldo a Ewing Theory candidate?
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X