Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
    the knee issues was a smokescreen .... somebody was trying to push him down the draft board.

I winced when I heard his name called at 14. He was close to making it to 18.
    He had real knee issues and knee issues are, often enough, no joke for the long term. That said, he's an incredible player and I wish he made it to 18 too.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
      Brad's only a tiny fraction bigger in height actually (even though his NBA bio says 7') and played lots of PF too (remember the sac days). Ellenson is young and has a good frame... he could go big and be brad miller weight/strength pretty easily, but that said, in todays NBA he should stay thin and as mobile as possible with his limited athleticism. In the NBA of 15 years ago he would have been told to add muscle and weight right away, but speed is premium over strength now.
      From what I've seen, Ellenson has much more of a handle than Brad ever did. I think a poor-man's Dirk would be the best we can hope for, which would be awesome, or a better-rebounding Charlie V, which would be a little less awesome but still good for his draft-slot.

Comment

• Pau Gasol on offense best case maybe? It'll be interesting how he develops. He's a great rebounder at the collage level too - like really really good - we'll see how that translates to the NBA size and speed though.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Nice little bit on Chamberlain and free throw shooting

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8fn1IaTMQM&feature=youtu.be"]The Curious Case of Wilt Chamberlain's Free Throws - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            Pistons missing out on some undrafted guys. GPii to rockets. Yogi to Brooklyn.
            doubt GPII makes Houston
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'd take GP2 on the Pistons ... there's a player to develop in him
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Wow, Lakers just agreed to $64 million with Mozgov.
                It's either I'm missing something here or this is completely idiotic.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  It's either I'm missing something here or this is completely idiotic.
                  For what it's worth, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

• Pistons signed PG Ish Smith to a 3 year deal. Not a bad signing by SVG.

Rumors are Drum is next for a 130 mil deal and rumors of us still chasing Ryan Anderson
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ish Smith isn't rubbish. Decent defense too. If he had a better outside shot he'd be paid a whole lot more. I like the signing.

Comment

• Is the new rookie a PF or a C?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd say for sure a PF, but with the size and potential to do C. As he ages, if he sustains in the NBA and gets savvier, stronger, and more skilled, but maybe slower, he'd probably transition to more of a C. For the life of his first contract he'll be seen as an offensively skilled 4 (and hopefully a stretch 4 part way through).

Comment

• Ellison vs Simmons

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CAsPJHAKnM"]Ben Simmons vs Henry Ellenson NCAA Matchup Video - YouTube[/ame]
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Ish Smith

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZZvwGRwc0"]Ish Smith Thunder & 76ers 2015 Season Highlights - YouTube[/ame]
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• If we sign either Horford or Anderson someone would have to be traded right? You'd have Morris, Harris and S Johnson all crowded for time along with Ellison somewhere in the mix.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X