No announcement yet.

Fondly Remembering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the theater his friends called him Desert Lion, he was their man and they were glad he was with them. At home his wife and beautiful children knew him as DAD, Andrew Hansen....and they were glad when he was with them.

DL died November 20, 2014. Cancer stole him from us, but not his sense of humor. He wore this at the cancer center to piss off the staff who were all Pack fans.

Chemo Golf (1).jpg

And kindness ran in the family.

In his own words.

It is hard to explain when you get news like this. We are trying to keep it in perspective though. But today my wife had a doc appointment downtown Chicago. While we were waiting outside for my daughter and sis in law to find us, we saw a homeless man on the corner. I had no cash and my wife had $3. She said she would be right back and left. 5 minutes later and a trip to the ATM, she walked up and handed the guy 5 $20 bills. She said we are so fortunate, so why should someone else not be. It was a small gesture, but WHATEVER he spends the money on, he will be as happy as we are. Life is a bitch, but being a Lions fan has toughened me up.

Dl 1.jpg

He Served his country, loved his family and respected each and everyone us on the forum. DL, you are missed.
    Last edited by The Cat; February 28, 2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I moved Chris' stuff to an off-topic thread http://detroitlionsforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6746

I think this (Cat's) thread should be for fallen forum members only.

EDIT: And I will delete this post and my others a little later. Sorry for being a bitch, but it doesn't have anything to do with my pain. (I don't think anyway)
      Last edited by Drew; February 28, 2015, 12:20 PM.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        Yeah, I moved Chris' stuff to an off-topic thread http://detroitlionsforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6746

I think this (Cat's) thread should be for fallen forum members only.

EDIT: And I will delete this post and my others a little later. Sorry for being a bitch, but it doesn't have anything to do with my pain. (I don't think anyway)
        I disagree, Drew.

I believe your family is just as connected to us as you are.

They may not post but, they put up with you/our need to know.

....and is some cases become fans of the Franchise.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

And I (and others) had met Chris, so it seemed perfectly natural to include him here.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            And I (and others) had met Chris, so it seemed perfectly natural to include him here.
            My feelings as well.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Thank you to everyone. Maybe I'm wrong. It was a no-brainer for my family to come to a forum game. They really enjoyed themselves and enjoyed meeting all of you.

They are connected to you unquestionably.

At 2.5 years gone by, I am okay with a request for information about Chris, but at what point do we start asking others for theirs? I cringed when I saw that Cat had pm'ed Coop. That would have been too soon for me. So if we're talking about a policy of reaching out to people for info, so that our thread looks good and is complete, I'm against that. And that's the reason I moved my posts. It's at this point, I figured this thread should only include forum members. They belong to us in a sense, because they posted here and took our shit, and gave it back.
              ------------

Comment

Thanks. And I agree with your 'thread on track' point. Eventually I will delete, or agree to have my posts deleted. It's kind of a negotiation right now.
                ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  I disagree, Drew.

I believe your family is just as connected to us as you are.

They may not post but, they put up with you/our need to know.

....and is some cases become fans of the Franchise.
                  I'm with MM and all of the others that piled onto that bandwagon.

I never met Chris but it warmed my heart in seeing those pictures and reading the nice sentiment about him.

I feel that if our forum members are willing to post memorials like that then this is the appropriate place for it. Those loved ones are just extensions of us and I care about the people here to see what's impacting their lives.

That's just one degenerates opinion though.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Love what you said. My heart was warmed that your heart was warmed. The same to others that commented.

And I can certainly agree with your third sentence, in that "if members are willing." I think that's what we have to hash out. Are we going to "pimp" the mourners until they relent, or are we going to let people post when they're ready? Or not at all?
                    ------------

Comment

Cat, if it's all the same to you, when I am gone, I really don't want to be a part of this thread if you don't mind.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

The choice of when and what to post about family members is up to the individual. I'm all for it but that's an individual choice.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                          Cat, if it's all the same to you, when I am gone, I really don't want to be a part of this thread if you don't mind.
                          Then you are just going to have to stick around so we can continue to swear at you and call you crazy.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

That's the plan, Mark. Look, I am not trying to be an ass about this, but >>>>>>>>>>MY FEELINGS<<<<<<<<<<<< about this thread is that it is very personal, very private, very sensitive, and I have extreme mixed emotions about what I have seen posted here. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

I don't see this any more personal that a newspaper obituary. The only difference is that they are written better
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Okay that pretty well settles it. We can't go against anyone's wishes. Members who would rather not be published let your family know.....also if you have no hesitation in being posted please let your family know. The family will determine the appropriate time.

Comment

Working...
                                X