Michigan at Penn State, 11/21, Noon, ABC National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan at Penn State, 11/21, Noon, ABC National

Somewhat surprised at this announcement this morning, ABC's Noon national telecast and all.

After the last two games, I have no idea, not even an inkling of how this one will go. No sense in rehashing the pluses and minuses of this team. Everybody reading here knows what's going on.

Maybe looking at some of the individual match-ups this week that present problems or advantages will help but I doubt it. If M has done anything well given its obvious weaknesses it has been to finish.

At the college level, I don't think that is given enough importance. Sports journalists are looking more closely at the flash and dash aspects of the game, not the tenacity of individuals and the collective team which produces victories despite all the obstacles.

Harbaugh is obviously a great Xs and Os guy. He proved that beyond any shadow of doubt in the NFL. He can also spot talent and develop it. Turns out Rudock is a prime example of that. But what doesn't get enough press, at least as the HC of Michigan, is his ability to infuse the kind of tenacity into his players that matches his.

I'm looking at that to overcome the issues we see on this team. It's hard to overlook that despite its evolving flaws, it's been the D that has stood tall on the last play of the last two games to forge a victory. If that shows itself again at Happy Valley, although I'm not sure I can survive another nail biter like that, M will win.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

The DL losses have really hurt. No question.

But, at least PSU isn't a zone option team. They are more of a traditional offense, with Sackenburg taking shots downfield occasionally.

PSU probably likes what they've seen in M's defense giving up so much on the ground. Expect to see a steady diet of running the ball until M shows they can stop it.

On offense, I'd like to see our former QB head coach game plan more passing into the offense. Its the strength of the offense right now, and its no secret to anyone.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

M matches up much better with PSU's offense. Still, the Lions aren't going to be the sieve like IU and allow M to go the length of the field whenever M decided to throw the ball.

Comment

Michigan 13 PSU 12
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

How is JR going to play when there is a DB or two at least within the same zip-code of the guy he's throwing to.?

Not to take a swipe at Jake but he's enjoyed his unprecedented success facing two of the worst pass defenses in the nation.

Besides, I don't think this is pregame planning sort of thing that's in Harbaugh's hands. The offense is very much fluid and takes what the D gives or what's working. I too think he banged it up front a bit too much for my liking against IU but there are reasons for that sort of thing that are strategic. I think we'll see plenty of run plays v. PSU.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

If it's even remotely close expect to hear how the B1G refs stole the game for you guys.

The PSU faithful are the biggest crybabies, whiners, poor losers, and conspiracy theorists in the conference

Comment

We are already well aware of how much the B1G refs, officials hate Penn State.

Comment

If it's even remotely close expect to hear how the B1G refs stole the game for you guys
                If it's even remotely close, the losing fanbase will complain how the B10 refs stole the game.

IU had to eat some tough calls yesterday. As I said, I doubt there will be blog post by MGO on the subject.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  If it's even remotely close, the losing fanbase will complain how the B10 refs stole the game.

IU had to eat some tough calls yesterday. As I said, I doubt there will be blog post by MGO on the subject.
                  why, should there be.

Are you telling me if go read ElevenWarriors (or whatever O-state forum), that after the Bucks win in Indiana, there was a detailed analysis of "tough calls that IU had to eat."

If you want to read about how IU got robbed, go read an IU forum or STFU

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    If it's even remotely close expect to hear how the B1G refs stole the game for you guys.

The PSU faithful are the biggest crybabies, whiners, poor losers, and conspiracy theorists in the conference
                    I am biased by being associated with a family of PSU fans ... but there level of hatred for all things Buckeyes is intense.

Not surprised that you feel that way about their fans, because they feel the same way about you.

Comment

My biggest concern will be if UM will have positive or negative yards rushing. The last few games against PSU has been a stone wall running.

One thing of note is how Northwestern ran the ball so well agInst them and it was mainly outside. Maybe the Wolves have a game plan to exploit that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                        I am biased by being associated with a family of PSU fans ... but there level of hatred for all things Buckeyes is intense.

Not surprised that you feel that way about their fans, because they feel the same way about you.
                        They do hate us but from years of reading their boards, they hate Michigan even more and believe whole-heartedly that the refs have fixed certain games against them. 2005 being one of the worst examples.

Comment

The difference between UM fans and PSU fans is that the calls that have fucked us over (e.g. 2001 and 1990 MSU, 2000 UCLA, Charles White's phantom touchdown) have been legitimately terrible calls. Complete fuckings that a huge impact on the game. The bullshit that Penn State fans are pissed off about in 2005 were legit. Ditto for the 2002 game in which Penn State benefitted from a terrible call right before we did.

Comment

I read an entire blog entry that was roundly harrumphed on at least 20 calls that apparently cost M roughly 21 points (or something) against MSU.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I read an entire blog entry that was roundly harrumphed on at least 20 calls that apparently cost M roughly 21 points (or something) against MSU.
                              Most of those were legitimately terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X