No announcement yet.

College Football Broadcast Information/Schedule - TV, Streams, Tech Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me and most likely you too, I had ESPN and ESPN 2 that's it. No local ABC or NBC, no B10, or FS1, or CBS (yet). Unless they added some of them since last summer.

Comment

Locals=antenna=free!
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

Originally posted by whodean View Post
        Locals=antenna=free!
        I need to get a decent outdoor antenna installed.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Most places a good indoor in the attic or as high as you can put it is fine.

I recommend the Mohu Leaf
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

Depends on how close you home is to your metro tv towers...

If you live in a rural area (30+ miles away), you might need an outdoor antenna but most people are fine with an indoor amplified antenna.

Comment

This is a neat web site although it appears to be scaled down somewhat from the last time I used it.

You put in your zip code and it will tell you how many OTA signals you can receive. I tried it using my zipcode and it only showed one station I could receive. Then I clicked the box that says, my antenna will be 30' off the ground and I still only got 5. Keep in mind those 5 are going to have several broadcast frequencies and my have different programming on each of them. So, 5 could mean 30.

Which broadcast channels can you receive for free? It's time you cut the cord!

I'm receiving over 90 different frequencies on probably 20 registered channels. I don't tune in to most of them. But I get all the major networks, News Max and 3 frequencies from PBS all with different programming.

Some antenna thoughts: (1) get it as high as possible. (2) Attics, used to mount your antenna, often don't work well because of OTA signal attenuation inherent in the aluminum shielding under most siding/brick or due to blown in fiberglass insulation. Not many houses built within the last 20 years don't have some of that. (3) Using one of these sites like Antennaweb.org assures you obtain the right kind of antenna. (4) I've been pleased with reception on my Mohu and its size/ease of installation. It is a powered (or boosted) antenna and promotes that it is omni-directional and does not need to be rotated to tune to the best signal. It is pretty good but it is also sensitive to the direction it is pointed to. I had to futz around with the direction to get the best signals. There is no question that a big old honker directional UHF/VHF antenna with an electric rotator on it that you can control from indoors to optimize signal strength is the best option but these can be hard to mount and hook up and they are big and unsightly. In the end, HEIGHT and line of site to the signal source is the most important factor in getting decent OTA signals.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I love it when Jeff decides to dig in and research something.

Comment

Decides?

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                    I love it when Jeff decides to dig in and research something.
                    This goes way back for me. 15y ago we lived in a different house and in a different place. I put together a 48" Toshiba HD Projection TV (yes, 15y ago this was state of the art) and a great sound system in the den. The house had an old antenna on the roof with a broken Channel Master rotator. There was nothing wrong with the antenna so, I rehabbed it. Being able to tune the signal by rotating the antenna worked really well and not so well without that capability.

At that time, it was the ultimate cord cutting adventure even then I still fed cable signals into the TV. The whole thing had more signal switchers and cords than I could cope with these days (right now my football TV has two inputs and three cords. HDMI has made it so).

I try not to post BS. I learned a long time ago that's not the way to go in that there will be somebody who will nitpick the shit out of any small factual error, grammatical error or misspelling. I don't like making mistakes and then getting rightfully called out.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I'm thinking of buying a 2-1 laptop with Chrome OS. Never used Chrome. I won't be running any heavy duty applications on it and I don't game.

Anyone have experience with the Chrome OS?

Comment

I use a chromebook. Cheap, simple, fast, no bugs.

Everything is web based. Not much to go wrong.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Chrome is the best.

Comment

Chromebooks are a 'browser' based operating system, they are excellent if all you really do is surf the internet but once you need to run applications they get much less capable...

I can do 95% of my computing (at home) in a web browser but the other 5% I need a Windows/Mac OS. For specific uses, Chromebooks are flawless if you're good with using Google's/Android's software suite.

What do you need a laptop for that isn't done in a browser?

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              I use a chromebook. Cheap, simple, fast, no bugs.

Everything is web based. Not much to go wrong.

LOL!
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                [/b]

LOL!
                                I guess that is funny, but I don't don't do much other than surf the web, send emails, and write a few documents. It's all in google docs. Anything that is important that I need to save goes on a card. I'm linked to my wireless printer and scanner. I can access any of it from my tablet or phone.

It's easy and fast.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X