Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just take Cabs. Sorted.

RIP McKnight........ I sincerely hope you weren't being like a British Audi driver = a dangerous fucking bellend.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Andrew Sachs, (Manuel) dies aged 86. Fawlty Towers......, one of the funniest programmes ever made.

RIP Manuel. You know "everything" now!
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Grant Tinker, who produced ?The Mary Tyler Moore Show? and other television hits in the 1970s and transformed NBC from a perennial ratings loser to a powerhouse of literate, sophisticated network programming , died on Monday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 90.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/806231816294297601[/ame]

42 way young. RIP.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• RIP Rashaam. :(

Peter Vaughan (best known recently as Maester Aemon on Game of Thrones) passed away at 93.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Apparently Rashaam Salaam committed suicide, a handgun was found next to his body.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Marko - you reference Fawlty Towers. Are you a Python fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Absolutely love all Monty Python, Coop. It's stupid and it's on my wavelength......, don't mind admitting that!

Comment

• Strewth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• LONDON — Musician Greg Lake, a prog-rock pioneer who co-founded King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer, has died. He was 69.

Manager Stewart Young said in a statement that Lake died Wednesday after “a long and stubborn battle with cancer.”

Born in the southern English seaside town of Poole in 1947, Lake founded King Crimson with guitarist Robert Fripp in the late 1960s. The band pioneered the sprawling, ambitious genre that came to be known as progressive rock.

He went on to form ELP with keyboardist Keith Emerson, who died in March, and drummer Carl Palmer. With Lake as vocalist and guitarist, ELP impressed the crowds at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, in a lineup that also featured Jimi Hendrix and The Who.

The band released six platinum-selling albums characterized by songs of epic length, classical influence and ornate imagery, and toured with elaborate light shows and theatrical staging.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer’s 1973 album Brain Salad Surgery included a nearly 30-minute composition called Karn Evil 9 that featured a Moog synthesizer and the eerie, carnival-like lyric: “Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends.”
                      [ame]https://youtu.be/IwSTe9uit48[/ame]
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sad to hear about Greg dying......Liked their early stuff quite a bit.....Had a really nice voice

Comment

• John Glen, a true American hero has passed.

RIP John and thank you for your service.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            John Glen, a true American hero has passed.

RIP John and thank you for your service.
                            Wow, i saw a pic of him yesterday sitting up smiling in his hospital bed (recently admitted per news item).

He was the epitome of a man's man. Not today's metrosexual things but a real, jump on a jet engine contraption and see what happens MAN.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• RIP Mr. Glenn

Comment

• Not a good year for ELP.

RIP Greg Lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X