No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievably the Wings are 2 points out of the last playoff spot.

We're 1 point behind TB. How is this possible?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Unbelievably the Wings are 2 points out of the last playoff spot.

We're 1 point behind TB. How is this possible?
      That it really isn't all that hard to put together a playoff team in a league where roughly half of the teams make it in, and why being proud of a meaningless playoff streak in the NHL is the height of stupidity?

Oh... and fire Ken Holland.

Comment

• Oh believe me I'd like to finally get a high draft pick and see who we get but its just impressive these other teams are in the suckatude we're in.

Say what you want about keeping the Holland streak alive but making the playoffs and getting hot gives anyone a chance.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Oh believe me I'd like to finally get a high draft pick and see who we get but its just impressive these other teams are in the suckatude we're in.

Say what you want about keeping the Holland streak alive but making the playoffs and getting hot gives anyone a chance.
          Not really. As much as the talk about how the NHL is the Wild, Wild West compared to other professional leagues... in truth a 7th or 8th seed doesn't have particularly much better odds of advancing far as they do in the NBA. I had crunched the numbers debating Sean Baligian a few years back when he trumped that same argument... it's literally a few percentage points better.

The far most likely scenario for a 7 or 8 seed in the NHL is to be golfing within two weeks time. The 8-seed Kings have only happened once for a reason.

By FAR the most volatile professional playoffs is the NFL, thanks to their one and done system. Not surprisingly, March Madness is every bit the moniker when you talk about amateur and professional sports.

Another rather crazy "playoff" is the UEFA Champions League, at least for the qualifying rounds. Once you get to the group stage, things stabilize a bit, but before that point chaos reigns.

Comment

• Agree to disagree. A goalie is the most important person on the ice. A hot goalie can take a team far.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• wings ran into a goaltender playing well last night.
              AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
                wings ran into a goaltender playing well last night.
                Combined with fielding a goalie that played like shit.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

A hot goalie can take a team far.
                  What it they're ugly bastards?
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Then they get a cool goalie mask to hide their ugly mugs
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wings are 5-6-3 at home.

Terrible
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Leaving the Joe with a bang. If the Wings fail to make the playoffs this year I was at the very last playoff game at the Joe.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Blash is not the guy to keep leading the troops.

Losing Babcock suggests a revolt from the bench to the FO.

We would have been better to promote Stevie and gently remove Holland with full Hockey honors.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

We would have been better to promote Stevie and gently remove Holland with full Hockey honors.
                            Ain't that the truth
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Blash is not the guy to keep leading the troops.

Losing Babcock suggests a revolt from the bench to the FO.

Ya think?

Comment

• I was in Vegas over the weekend so I missed the Wings games. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X