OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh - I posted in the wrong place. Thought I deleted it
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Barry Sanders has been dominating the vote for Madden 25 cover, what if he wins?! Back-to-back Detroit Lions players on the cover!

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Who cares who is on the Madden cover?

......and what makes that a worthwhile post in this thread?

Isn't there a video game thread?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Madden 25? Shouldn't it be Madden 13 or Madden 14? What's with the Madden 25? In 2025, the current crop of Lions will be invalids.

Sorry MM......, but I find this ^ to be a technical question........, technically, I just wanna know!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Mercury, visible right this instant, will be out in the mornings for about a week or two, rising just before the sun in the east.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I think I spotted Neptune this morning. It rises just prior to Mercury. I really don't know if I'm supposed to be able to see it with my binocs, but when I scanned for it, I found SOMETHING up against a twilit morning sky. Very faint.

Generally, one can tell the difference between a planet and a star because a star will twinkle and pulse, but the light from a planet is steady because it doesn't produce its own light, but reflects the sun's light.
              Last edited by Drew; March 30, 2013, 07:18 AM.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Help! I have a virus.

I think it is called websearch. It changed my default browser. I ran Spybot and still can't get rid of it. I've been looking on the web, but can't figure out how to get rid of it

Can anyone help me out here?
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• whats it doing?

Comment

• It gives me a fake search bar when I open google chrome that looks a bit like google, but has adds under it. I looked it up, and it is trojan?
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think it added couple of extra fake scrss.exe things to my processes...

Comment

• I've been trying to get rid of it for three hours. I am a computer idiot.

Comment

• Did you look for it in /Add/Remove programs?

Comment

• yeah. It's Browse to Save 1.74. When I try to uninstall it I get and error saying that it is not there and asks if I want to remove it from the programs and features list

Comment

• I'm running Emsisoft Anti-Malware right now. It has found a trojandownloader and Adwareb guard so far.

Not sure if those are new since I ran spybot or part of the original problem that spybot missed

Comment

• Here's something I found

Comment

Working...
                                X